Seeking Sadistic games like Pale Carnations

dylandog

Aug 5, 2016
Hi guys,

As the title says, do you have any recommendations for games with a sadistic side similar to "Pale Carnations"?
What I like about it is how in the dark aspects of the game, there is a lot of focus on the the mental humiliation of the characters and not just on the physical side of things.

Any suggestions that touch similar feelings would be much appreciated!

dylandog

Aug 5, 2016
I will shamelessly bump my own thread because I do hope someone will be able to suggest me any other game that comes close to what I am looking for.

dylandog

Aug 5, 2016
Thank you both for the nice suggestions!
I already played some of them but not all, which is nice. From what I have seen, Pale Carnation is indeed well above the rest. It is one of the only games that makes me feel like I should support it.

If you write more about what scenes you enjoyed in Pale Carnation and why, I probably can suggest more. But Pale Carnation is just a different level of quality IMO. Closest regarding the mental aspect are probably the japanese ones of the games listed above.

Also, if you happen to play any of the above listed games, I can recommend doing some after it.

Cheers :)
I do enjoy an MC that can do these things, but I also enjoy the MC being a victim or a witness (a bit less so, but I don't imagine myself being the protagonist so anything works as long as it has a good story or good dynamics).

Regarding the scenese in Pale Carnations that I liked (as a game, these wouldn't be fun things otherwise) are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After this, some loving-kindness meditation doesn't sound so bad lol. You just need to remember it is just a game. :ROFLMAO:

dylandog

Aug 5, 2016
I agree with you, pale carnation has just a lot of heart in it. And TD1900 & GIL3D are just awesome kind guys.
I completely agree with you too. I think what Pale Carnation does particularly well compared to some of your recomendations is making the atmosphere dark (in an exciting way) even while being less extreme than something like Euphoria thanks to the great inner monologue/reflection and dialogue of the game.

The mental aspect of the fetish shown in the game is simply amazing!

I also wish you well! :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: hellohello95zone

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Thank you both for the nice suggestions!
I already played some of them but not all, which is nice. From what I have seen, Pale Carnation is indeed well above the rest. It is one of the only games that makes me feel like I should support it.

I do enjoy an MC that can do these things, but I also enjoy the MC being a victim or a witness (a bit less so, but I don't imagine myself being the protagonist so anything works as long as it has a good story or good dynamics).

Regarding the scenese in Pale Carnations that I liked (as a game, these wouldn't be fun things otherwise) are:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After this, some loving-kindness meditation doesn't sound so bad lol. You just need to remember it is just a game. :ROFLMAO:
Ahah, yep, in Pale Carnations mostly dark routes are "canon routes" revealing True self of characters, while affection (love) routes... well, not always leads to something good)
For example, the more rough you're to carnation - the more chances to win for her))

Reactions: dylandog

dylandog

Aug 5, 2016
I am going to bump this thread because it has been a while since I have played a game at the level of Pale Carnations and I am hoping some new ones might have emerged.