RPGM - Completed - Saki and the Crucible of Debauchery [Final] [Ofuro Works]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Fidzius

Incredible art, good animations, plenty of variations.
    The problem is that the "game" is shit.
    An awful forced RNG path forward.

Do nothing slowly as the game auto-plays.
    No way to get stronger on your own IN AN RPG GAME, must go forth, even meaning losing.
    RNG paths, RNG grabs, RNG escapes, RNG item drops, RNG item GACHA.
    There's plenty of equipment, but with 2 accessory slots its just tedious.
    Menu navigation is often bad- nested menus, full backing out of menus.

You could easily bust a nut to this, bet whether its out of horniness or frustration is another problem.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

DrakeWasHere2

It is better than their former titles. I was skeptic about entering it, having played their prior games on here.

Like their other games, it is still simple dungeon crawling and then gacha item collecting. If you played the other two released on here(or others that haven't been,) you would know what to expect here.

Scenes
    Except this one got an update with more content. Large enemy variety, various animated sexual scenes. Each enemy has its own scene and with 59 or so enemies(may be more) then you get that many scenes, plus some misc additional ones within a scene.

Combat
    Umm, it is more or less similar to prior games. The only difference you get some transformations that change how the girl looks and some of those forms have their own ability to use while in that form. I think they played differently as well. Also, at later levels, you can stun lock/grapple evade enemies. (Not sure about higher difficulties, I haven't tested all modes, yet. Only did normal run/filthy casual)

Story
    More or less nonexistent. I don't know, I vaguely remember what was going on.

Exploration
    ...It is Ofuro Work game. I don't even know if they do anything other than dungeon crawlers.

Final Thoughts
    Visually it is appealing. It has a boss rush mode as well on completion along with an extra dungeon and a few enemies there as a bonus. Scenes are again varied with all enemies having their own. Honestly, I feel it should be between a 4 and 5. Also, I will admit I am not that big on dungeon divers, so if you are a fan of that genre you will probably love this game as my view of it may be a bit skewed/biased there.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

qweerti

Completed the game on lewdicrous difficulty, which forces you into combat with negative status effects since the items to cure them are rare. The RPG combat is fairly nicely balanced, except for hypnosis which sometimes stunlocks you into a loss with nothing you can do about it. The large amount of skills at your disposal wouldn't be a problem were it not for the RPG Maker UI, which makes scrolling through them kind of a chore.

H-scene wise, the game is probably as close as you can get to high quality without having actual animation. Each scene is highly detailed, and there are a good number of them. Unfortunately, it looks like they do not change as Saki's corruption level rises.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

AngelGrace

So full disclosure: I love this guys games. Akari and the Abyss got me into binding H-Games, so the chance to go through that as a shapeshifting shrine maiden? If I could pay him, I would.

Saki and the Crucible of Debauchery is a straightforward game, designwise. There's several levels, during which you will advance through them automatically; most of your encounters are going to be battles, but there's also traps and treasures occasionally. The battle system, in and of itself, isn't terribly special for an RPGMaker game; you have several skills with varying cooldowns, though this one does add in a twist by having skills you can only use (or get a benefit from) in certain forms.

The H-Game aspect of it comes in binding attacks; the enemies will first try to strip you, and once your clothes are fully torn, they'll try and catch you. Midway through the game you'll get a skill that makes it impossible to be held while it's active, meaning you'll only have a narrow window where you can be caught, but why would you play an H-Game and not see the H-Scenes?

Saki uses a system I usually only see in MSub Games: Sexual energy. Every time you climax, you lose one energy point. Lose all of them, and it's game over; you're back to the start. Also, most enemies will advance their hold if either of you climax, and some have as many as five layers of binding. Struggling free (something not terribly hard, with the exception of the cooldown) breaks all layers, but if you're caught again you're plunged all the way back down.

There's also some status effects that will increase lust damage taken, and make it harder to struggle, but they don't seem to have a terribly large effect on gameplay.

It also includes several anti-frustration features; one of the items you can get fairly easily are potions that increase your abilities (and all of them can be used together), all bad statuses are restored when resting (though you get items early on to reapply them as desired), and should you fall in battle, you won't be forced to go all the way back to the start again; in fact, bosses don't heal when you're defeated, meaning you won't wall on a boss you can reach and damage.

If I had a complaint (and I do have a couple), it's that it's still not clear what the lust crest does as it advances (it increases lust damage you take when it's active), which feeds into my main complaint.

The story is fairly passable (Saki is a shrine maiden fighting demons), but Saki herself (much like Akari) is pretty flat as a character. The voice acting is very much appreciated, but it would have been really fun to see her reacting to various status effects, or have them come into play in the text during H-Attacks.

All and all, like his other games, this is a well-designed game, the images are top-notch (You get extra points in my book for avoiding the use of AI images), and it balances difficulty well; it just would have been nice to see more on the story side. I'm still giving it five stars, it's an amazing game and...does exactly what it's supposed to, fill out a gallery of sexy poses, but there's still room for improvement.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

agus gines

the best iteration of this game format, the cg is great and highly customizable and gameplay is ok.
    no exploration or story just a gauntlet of enemies and bosses until you reach the end.
    Edit: this version has the extra area :)
  6. 5.00 star(s)

RandomLoreAcurateguy

Pros
    Very simple battle system
    Variety of CGs though some are similar on previous games of Ofuro
    Can be played with one hand (Yes I mean it)
    Cute protagonist with transformations

Cons
    No exploration at all as usual from Ofuro Games
    I played the game MTLed and not a single time any enemies tried to do apply any status change apart from clothe break and mucus, not a single one tried to put Saki on trance or give the curse crest
  7. 4.00 star(s)

k2ren

version final

this game has absolutely 0 story. and when i say 0 story i mean that. the only story is 2lines. you are a nun and want to kill demons so you went into this cave. that's it. no npcs in game, no shop, just battling monsters.

i normally hate these kinds of games but surprisingly it's not low effort. there are around 50unique monsters with all unique battlefuck animations. and some variations to them (blindfold, +blowjob + anal etc).

corruption as a stat exist but i dont think it has any use whatsoever.

the animation doesn't move that much, but it moves a little so it can barely be called "animated".

i find multiple battle fuck scenarios sexy and surprisingly the game kept my attention and i wasn't bored despite the lack of story. you have a lot of skills and transformations you dont use mana just cooldowns, it was a bit more fresh to the usual rpgm battle system with that many skills (and you have to use most of them due to cooldowns) most skills have some different effects. so fights are not boring at all.

so as fun+H-scenes i give it a 4/5. it has tentacles/humanlike/slimelike creatures as well.

but even gameplaywise, there is no backlash for resting (full hp + debuff reset) and you can turn on autobattler so it just does everything by itself.

strange game. with a basic story it could easily be 5/5 imo but like this it feels like a demo, although with the amount of unique monsters+art it's clearly not a demo but it was worked on for a long time.

you can finish it in like 3-4hours on normal difficulty. gallery is unlocked in the end. ppl uploaded completed saves already.

(edit: after you finish the game, you can unlock arena where you can fight monsters one after another without rest. 59 monsters altogether. for some reason i played all the level so it's addicting, probably due to good fight system)