Seeking Sandbox/Simulation Games - By GlitchMaker

GlitchMaker010

Sep 20, 2020
Greetings, I'm GlitchMaker, and I tend to search for a variety of hidden gems on the internet. Games that are not usually found on places like Steam or Epic Games, but rather indie sites like Itch.io, or F95 itself.

Recently, I've been hunting for a couple of games with the Sandbox / Simulation thematics surrounding it. Unfortunately, most games I find with these tags are Dating Sims, and not something relevant to what I'm seeking. My concept of what is a Sandbox: "You'll be given creative liberty in this world we have made to customize your experience in it by making your own choices on what to do and what to not do, without being forced to follow a single narrative given to you to progress or acquire better tools, equipment or upgrades".

Some examples I can offer from the kind of genre I'm seeking are:
  • School Game / Sandbox, Simulation, RPG: This game, despite having Dating Sim mechanics in some parts, has overall, a very nice randomly generated AI. The different characters feel like they have some depth to them, and as you decide to invest your time in growing and lowering relationships, you start feeling more creative freedom in this game. And if you prefer, you can also neglect your school life and dedicate most of your time to other kinds of gameplay. ( )
  • Mad Island: The recently released game is pretty much the ideal example of what I'm looking for. The crafting systems, the combat mechanic, the interactions (both sexual and non-sexual) with other characters, the customization for all characters you "catch", and the story itself is also very amusing, which may provide the player a break from the constant grinding for materials. Unfortunately, my computer cannot run it, but you can find the game here. ( https://f95zone.to/threads/mad-island-v0-12-beta-steam-e-made.209671/ )
Unfortunately, I had more games I wish I could add, but my memory fails to remember their names. As the list grows, I'll try to update more examples (as well as the ones recommended to me) and try to summarize the core aspects I'm looking for.

If you wish to help me grow this list, please send a link of the game so I can check it out and later on add it here.

Reactions: xdhunter6