Seeking Sandbox-type games with a female player character

Freebird24

Oct 27, 2020
I am presently seeking any sort of game, most likely an RPG but whatever else fits the bill is fine, with a sort of sandbox setup (i.e. there is a world that you can go around and explore freely) and either a female main character or, more preferably, a character creator that lets you be female. Freedom and ability to do whatever the hell you want are both important aspects of what I'm looking for (especially if there are lots of things on the table). Format can be either text-based RPG with some visual addendums (e.g. Degrees of Lewdity), RPG Maker-style with a clickable map, or anything else that happens to fit the bill - those two just seem like they would lend themselves well to it. No real people, though. Some adaptive visual representation of your character is quite important (again, like Degrees of Lewdity, though Lust Doll Plus also did this quite well), and still photos/prerecorded videos would not work very well with that (nor a character creator, for that matter).

As mentioned above, freedom is important, and anything that gives the player substantial agency over what happens, what they do, the kinds of content they experience, etc. suits that condition. Main storylines are not... inherently antithetical to this, but I would imagine that the majority of hentai games out there do not have the production value to accommodate both a focus on a particular storyline and a wider world with non-story-dependent content to explore, so I would shy away from anything like that. Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret handled that... decently, I suppose, though it was nevertheless rather more linear than I would have liked. Regarding the nature of that content itself, though, the primary restricting condition is that normal guys with dicks going and forcing themselves on the girl ought to not be its predominant focus; there can be some, of course (since rejecting all games with such content would likely mean rejecting all hentai RPGs ever made), but, as long as there is other stuff to look for, it's fine. As for other conditions, I'll pass judgement on fetish content myself, but the only thing I will unilaterally reject is scat/watersports. If that features in the game to any degree where I would be forced to see it, do not recommend it - again, Degrees of Lewdity was nice for its 'content toggles.'

-- IN SUMMARY - TL;DR CHECKBOXES --
Necessary Inclusions
  • Significant player agency over actions/choices
  • Female main character with small/medium breasts and a player-dictated personality, and/or a character creator with the ability to be female
  • A world to explore with many sorts of things to do, locations to find, etc etc
  • A majority of content not involving man-dick
  • 2D art
Things that would be very nice but are not 100% necessary
  • Adaptive character viewer (with a wide variety of potential character portrayals that I can select at my own discretion somehow or another, rather than just a handful created for specific sections of the game)
  • Detailed character creator
  • RPG Maker / text-based RPG
  • Hentai-styled 2D art
  • Fetish toggles
Necessary Exclusions
  • Scat/watersports
  • Rape/sex via man-dick as a predominant source of sexual appeal
  • Real people
  • Visual novels
  • Linear content
  • 3D art
Things that I would rather not have in a game but am somewhat willing to tolerate if there are other good things going for it
  • Main storyline
  • Rape/sex via man-dick in some (ideally minor) capacity
Realistically, no game is ever going to perfectly satisfy all of the conditions laid out above (but if any do please let me know!) - hence my difficulty in finding anything searched for independently - but, as long as it checks most of the boxes, go ahead and recommend it. Really, if it aligns with the spirit of what I've said in this post, feel free to mention it; that's one thing no tag inclusion/exclusion search bar can ever properly consider, so I would appreciate anything and everything.

EDIT: Changed around some of the summary points in response to the suggestions I have received, on account of the fact that I seem to be more picky than I thought I was. Also, foolishly, I underestimated the prevalence of large-breasted women in hentai games, which is my own fault but oh well. At least the post is updated now.

Last edited:

Freebird24

Oct 27, 2020
Wouldn't LifePlay ( https://f95zone.to/threads/lifeplay-v3-12-vinfamy.11321/ ) be exactly what you're looking for? Granted it is 3D rather than 2D but it's very much a sandbox with character creation.
Mm, well, not quite what I had in mind based on initial impressions from the description + provided images, but I'll take a look - hoping for a pleasant surprise!

Succulence should fit that and is also phenomenal!
I'll take a look at it. Does it have any sort of character creator?

Redymare

Mar 14, 2021
This thead has been inactive for a while, but since it's the first one that came up, I thought I'd leave a few recommendations anyway:

Strive for Power (which has a WIP sequel, I have yet to play) as well as the WIP Portals of Phereon.
Those might be worth a shot if you're looking for an RPG/Sandbox mix. I put 50 to 70 hours in both, so there's quite a bit to do, I'd say. But that also means, you should be prepared to loose a weekend or two. ;)

EDIT: Forgot to add Lust Doll Plus, which I had a look at recently. Still WIP and more restricitve with less scale than the others, but might fit the bill also.

Last edited: