Sandboxie crashed

rqwjryhuwry

Feb 4, 2021
Hello, I ran a game downloaded here into Sandboxie, but Sandboxie crashed and the game went free. What do you think I risk? I'm considering to format my PC. Everyone here uses Sandboxie to run games, I guess, but I had not its protection anymore. The game I downloaded is this one (https://f95zone.to/threads/the-weighting-game-v0-5-tiggertoo.72893/) (found out it was not exactly my thing too, sigh).
Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

S.O.M.

Game Developer
Jan 30, 2021
I think this program is like an antivirus, it can "destroy" some files that are important to you (for example, games). To be honest, this is the first time I've heard of anyone using this program. Why, if it's not a secret?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, I ran a game downloaded here into Sandboxie, but Sandboxie crashed and the game went free.
Er... If sandboxie effectively crashed, then the game stopped, dot.
A sandbox is not just some kind of cage that would let what is inside goes on the wild if opened. If the game was still running, either Sandboxie didn't crashed, or the game wasn't on the sandbox from start.

Everyone here uses Sandboxie to run games, I guess, [...]
I'm pretty sure that people mostly just use an antivirus.

So a Ren'py game, and you downloaded from here. I would say that you risk nothing.

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
All the Weighting Game files on my Patreon are virus checked before I upload them.

If you get them from anywhere else, caveat emptor.