4.50 star(s) 30 Votes

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
That's all well and good, but moderators definitely don't follow the Abandoned tag rules by the book. Yes the Discord is updated regularly, the SS has received a post in February sure, but the game has not received an update since December of 2021. The moderators have good reason to mark it as such, not because it's abandoned but because there's no "Hey so this game has not been updated in over a year, maybe don't hold your breath waiting for an update" tag. It's not the only game that's still being worked on with the Abandoned tag either, Chronicles of Leridia is still being worked on (even though technically it's a finished game) but hasn't received an update in over a year so it's also "Abandoned." Funny thing is, the developer is also working on another game. Just a weird coincidence.

That isn't to say I feel like either should be marked as abandoned or they shouldn't. The mods felt this to be the best course of action, so leave it at that.

Reactions: itsmeluigi

YoshiEnVerde

Dec 21, 2020
That's all well and good, but moderators definitely don't follow the Abandoned tag rules by the book. Yes the Discord is updated regularly, the SS has received a post in February sure, but the game has not received an update since December of 2021. The moderators have good reason to mark it as such, not because it's abandoned but because there's no "Hey so this game has not been updated in over a year, maybe don't hold your breath waiting for an update" tag. It's not the only game that's still being worked on with the Abandoned tag either, Chronicles of Leridia is still being worked on (even though technically it's a finished game) but hasn't received an update in over a year so it's also "Abandoned." Funny thing is, the developer is also working on another game. Just a weird coincidence.

That isn't to say I feel like either should be marked as abandoned or they shouldn't. The mods felt this to be the best course of action, so leave it at that.
That's irrelevant, the rules are as they are for a reason.
And, if the moderators are not following their own stated rules, then they're doing a stupid job of moderating the forum. These rules have been argued about in many a forum, and they've been updated as needed, but they are there to keep consistency.

The evry fact this has happened before here, and once the dev reached back the prefix was automatically removed should tell you how much I should "trust they did it for a good reason", and not "there's one moderator being an a$$hole for personal reasons"

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
"there's one moderator being an a$$hole for personal reasons"
Probably a bunch of butthurt blueballed players mad that their isnt more, who keep spam reporting it, and eventually a moderator marks it without putting much thought into it.

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
Just to set things straight: The game isn't abandoned. I'm currently missing 2 major scenes (3 parts each) and have finished most of the update. The total scenes I counted were about 27 or something (not including repeat versions), which means I've already finished about 21 of those. The artist is also doing work for v0.3 already.

The story had to be revisited a lot because sometimes Irene was looking like she's being forced (which we don't want) and Daiki sometimes looked like he actually had a plan more complicated than his character allows - which made him look smarter than he is. I'm not even gonna talk about the code required for this, you will be able to see for yourselves.

I opened up a ticket and I got the reply that when the update is released, the abandoned tag will be removed, which is cool by me and understandable.

Here's the settings to look forward to:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And some with just 1 part
The first ones have 2-4 parts each. Most have 3 progression parts. Which means that though the setting remains the same, the scene is different and... more spicy.

Also, the sexual themes in this level are:

v0.3 will definitely have blowjobs and cum eating, that's what the artist is making rn. It might have some Laura in - or at least we've discussed that maybe some light Laura content would be more than welcome.

I've also finished the Circles gameplay, which basically means that each activity will be seen and explained in the menu, as well as broken down in a tooltip if you click on it. This is largely discussed in posts and discord.

Everything I've talked about here is teased and discussed in posts and discord as well. I'm going a bit full throttle with the last scenes to move on to testing (I will also release it for tiers 2 and 3 probably, though I've no idea what kind of bugs they might encounter)

There's also a lot of more technical changes that have to do with fps drops. I might require an entire separate post in the changelog for those, cause they are a lot. Just for those of you who enjoy tech stuff:

Anyway, quite honestly thank you all for liking the game so much, it's extremely flattering and humbling and I had no idea people would like it this much. And I have to give mad respect to Yamkha, the artist, for working tirelessly despite my many peculiarities when it comes to commissioning (there usually are a ton of layers and variations involved)

As soon as it's bug-tested and fixed, I will post it here too. The game is meant to be playable for free always.

I hope I cleared some stuff with this post and gave you an insight of where we're at, and hopefully you won't be as mad at me for taking so long. Good work is being done.

PS: Also do remember that both this and On Edge are passion projects of mine. I also have a job irl, and after a breakdown I experienced, I also resumed my social life too. I am doing these literally because I enjoy making them.

PS2: After I finish this update, I will move back to finishing On Edge's overhaul. That will use most of the code from this, so luckily I won't have to rewrite a ton of code. Meanwhile, the artist will be finishing Satisfy Him's scenes for v0.3. If we include Laura, then he will have a lot of work to do, as the current idea is that Laura will be able to do whatever Irene does, in her place (so cleaning, cooking, etc). I will talk more of this after the update is done.

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
Just to set things straight: The game isn't abandoned. I'm currently missing 2 major scenes (3 parts each) and have finished most of the update. The total scenes I counted were about 27 or something (not including repeat versions), which means I've already finished about 21 of those. The artist is also doing work for v0.3 already.

The story had to be revisited a lot because sometimes Irene was looking like she's being forced (which we don't want) and Daiki sometimes looked like he actually had a plan more complicated than his character allows - which made him look smarter than he is. I'm not even gonna talk about the code required for this, you will be able to see for yourselves.

I opened up a ticket and I got the reply that when the update is released, the abandoned tag will be removed, which is cool by me and understandable.

Here's the settings to look forward to:
And some with just 1 part
The first ones have 2-4 parts each. Most have 3 progression parts. Which means that though the setting remains the same, the scene is different and... more spicy.

Also, the sexual themes in this level are:

v0.3 will definitely have blowjobs and cum eating, that's what the artist is making rn. It might have some Laura in - or at least we've discussed that maybe some light Laura content would be more than welcome.

I've also finished the Circles gameplay, which basically means that each activity will be seen and explained in the menu, as well as broken down in a tooltip if you click on it. This is largely discussed in posts and discord.

Everything I've talked about here is teased and discussed in posts and discord as well. I'm going a bit full throttle with the last scenes to move on to testing (I will also release it for tiers 2 and 3 probably, though I've no idea what kind of bugs they might encounter)

There's also a lot of more technical changes that have to do with fps drops. I might require an entire separate post in the changelog for those, cause they are a lot. Just for those of you who enjoy tech stuff:

Anyway, quite honestly thank you all for liking the game so much, it's extremely flattering and humbling and I had no idea people would like it this much. And I have to give mad respect to Yamkha, the artist, for working tirelessly despite my many peculiarities when it comes to commissioning (there usually are a ton of layers and variations involved)

As soon as it's bug-tested and fixed, I will post it here too. The game is meant to be playable for free always.

I hope I cleared some stuff with this post and gave you an insight of where we're at, and hopefully you won't be as mad at me for taking so long. Good work is being done.

PS: Also do remember that both this and On Edge are passion projects of mine. I also have a job irl, and after a breakdown I experienced, I also resumed my social life too. I am doing these literally because I enjoy making them.

PS2: After I finish this update, I will move back to finishing On Edge's overhaul. That will use most of the code from this, so luckily I won't have to rewrite a ton of code. Meanwhile, the artist will be finishing Satisfy Him's scenes for v0.3. If we include Laura, then he will have a lot of work to do, as the current idea is that Laura will be able to do whatever Irene does, in her place (so cleaning, cooking, etc). I will talk more of this after the update is done.
27 scenes is a lot, but given that it took 16 months to make 21 scenes, by average it would take about 4 months to finish the remaining 6 scenes, and even after 0.2 drops, you'll focus on your other game after right? I see it could be a while before 0.3... Not looking particularly great to be honest. But game's good so far, here's hoping everything works out.

Reactions: Truvelo

fydar69

Jul 12, 2020
Intro / New outfit (Irene changes into her new outfit as part of the corruption 1 intro)
I hope we will get the option to still use the first outfit, from what images weve seen the second options a downgrade imo if she loses the pantyhose/ strockings

Reactions: Grave1754

Liam_3

Dec 3, 2018
27 scenes is a lot, but given that it took 16 months to make 21 scenes, by average it would take about 4 months to finish the remaining 6 scenes, and even after 0.2 drops, you'll focus on your other game after right? I see it could be a while before 0.3... Not looking particularly great to be honest. But game's good so far, here's hoping everything works out.
Keep in mind that a lot of time was taken by the code reworks/improvements/additions, so finishing the scenes should be a bit faster than that 4 months projection. (hoping)

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Keep in mind that a lot of time was taken by the code reworks/improvements/additions, so finishing the scenes should be a bit faster than that 4 months projection. (hoping)
here is what I see happening. 1 week before the supposed release, "oh no, the reworks/improvements and additions aren't working properly we will have to scrap everything and start over. All the money people gave us has been used and we need more in order to start over"

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
here is what I see happening. 1 week before the supposed release, "oh no, the reworks/improvements and additions aren't working properly we will have to scrap everything and start over. All the money people gave us has been used and we need more in order to start over"
If you can't contribute to this thread except for crying, perhaps do yourself and the fans the favor of unfollowing it :coffee:

Jul 18, 2022
nah, just posting my opinion. Must have been close to reality for you to get worked up.
I don't have a dog in this fight, I really like this game but I only found it recently so I haven't been waiting a long time or anything. I say that to show I don't have a strong bias it's just that your argument is dumb. You're stating an opinion that doesn't belong here, like typing out "blue is a bad color" on a baking forum. It may be your opinion but it's pointless and wastes everyone's time. If you stated an opinion that contained constructive criticism that would also be different. Like "this game would be better if it was updated more regularly". Then the dev could see that you have a preference, people who agreed or disagreed could chime in, whatever. But instead you went to the place for people who like a thing and then made fun of the thing. Misery may love

adeptusSum

Jun 14, 2019
Glad to see the thread get some news. I'll play the update at some point after it drops but i really wish the next one comes in a shorter timeframe than this one. From what i can tell i consider this update part of the buildup of the game(which has been excellent) but if the next update with the proper H content takes another 15-20 months we are looking at some serious blue balling and if that happens to be the case i really would not wish to be a moderator on this thread near the end of that period, not even to my worst enemy.

Good luck onedge.

John-721

Feb 3, 2022
If I'm sure of something is that when I played the demo of this game I was really surprised of the content that it had, very large that I almost thought that it was the full game, also it has been one of the few and really few games that has a good ntr story, slow corruption and doesn't throw you the h scenes out of nowhere. I like the game because it is well done and if something is well done it takes time specially because it is not the only thing that the dev does with his life. I wish most of the ntr games were made with all this effort and the last thing that I'm sure is that the people that are hating will continue hating no matter what, but when updates come out they won't hesitate in download them and enjoy the game like if they never talked trash about it.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
A few updates from the developer on discord:

Onedge04/18/2023 4:51 PM
On other news, I just discovered that I can put my custom windows in the pictures layer, therefore they are affected by shaking screen, flashing and fadeouts. No need to do that manually now. Here's me testing it.
For anyone wondering, the array of the pictures layer is here:
SceneManager._scene.children[0].children[2]
ffs
Just make sure that you successfully remove any child you add there, otherwise you're in for a memory leak
I had to test that a lot to make sure the custom windows are being removed
In the video, I am shaking and flashing the screen via the engine's command, the actual window isn't commanded to follow it. It follows it due to its current positioning in the appropriate layer
I am also fading out the screen, but the contents of the window don't have their opacity changed at all
So as you can see, the screen is fading above them
Before it was below them.

Onedge — 04/18/2023 5:08 PM
If you remember, I had told you a while ago that I found a way to replace the pictures' bitmaps with my own premade ones, but it seems like there's no need for that, since the window itself is updating like pictures do, when I put them in the same layer as the pictures
Onedge — Today at 10:25 AM
Just revisiting and editting the final cinema scene, you can see how the shaking of the screen now affects the image (despite the image being on a separate pseudo-screen)
It came so naturally I was editting the scene and forgot about it, and then it dawned on me, that I have completely removed the code where the pseudo-screen follows the shaking of the screen. Now the shaking of the screen simply happens above it, so it affects it xD
And I was like, lmao, it shakes!
You can't imagine how much of a hassle it was to fine-tune and bug-chase the "follows" of the pseudoscreen, as it followed whatever the screen did.
It required shit like this:
if (this.followFlash) {
if ($gameScreen._flashDuration ||
this._windowContentsSprite[0] != 0
|| this._windowContentsSprite[1] != 0
|| this._windowContentsSprite[2] != 0
|| this._windowContentsSprite[3] != 0) this._windowContentsSprite.setBlendColor($gameScreen._flashColor);
}

Onedge — Today at 10:34 AM
now this is commented out
I left it in my code cause people will read it, and I wanna leave in some of the intermediate steps I had to follow

hack1!

Jun 24, 2022
it is nice to see that the game is not abandoned. but dev it would be nice if you could just give us a release date. I know about your work seclude and stuff pls consider this request and set a date for release.

Zellemate

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
it is nice to see that the game is not abandoned. but dev it would be nice if you could just give us a release date. I know about your work seclude and stuff pls consider this request and set a date for release.
Highlighted Onedge's statements in orange from subscribestar and discord.

From his subscribestar:
Before you subscribe
I put this part here to make sure you read it before moving on.

I'm making this game to calm myself down, when I'm taking a break from coding On Edge. This means that there's no possible way of telling when I will be able to update. Having that said, making this game requires less time as it is less complex, and it's scene-based so there aren't really any technical updates required (hence why it calms me down).

Like in On Edge, note that the tiers are there to support this game. The reason I made a second page at all was to actually ensure that all support for a game goes to that game only.
But it's important to make it clear before you subscribe, that On Edge is my first priority.
Having that said, finances will be used for more art regardless.

From his faq channel on discord:
Onedge — 04/11/2022 4:41 AM​
Q: Will the game be updated in x time? (this month, etc)​
A: We have decided to finish entire corruption levels as updates, instead of single scenes, which means that each update will be have a lot of content, but also that each update will take more time to finish. When it's close, or when it's in testing phase, I will make a relevant post so you will know. Until then, I am posting its progress in rough videos or teasers. Work is always being done!​

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
If he doesn't know when it will be done it would be retarded to set a date he can't for sure keep.

pussyreaperxxx

Oct 18, 2018
Personally, I find the dev's nonchalance about the development and dismissive attitude towards criticism slightly offputting, despite liking both his games.

I still think he is working on the games every now and then. So, it's not like he has given up development, he just doesn't care when it will see a playable state for subs which prevents me from subbing to him anymore.

4.50 star(s) 30 Votes