4.50 star(s) 30 Votes

imightbe69

Jan 13, 2018
I would say my limits are 6 months of no updates if there is no dev communication, 12 months even if there is one.

Like it's weird thinking about how some games (not talking about satisfy him or on edge right now) are in development longer than going through university. You could graduate from university, get a job, get married and have family all before someone finishes a game.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Personally, I find the dev's nonchalance about the development and dismissive attitude towards criticism slightly offputting, despite liking both his games.

I still think he is working on the games every now and then. So, it's not like he has given up development, he just doesn't care when it will see a playable state for subs which prevents me from subbing to him anymore.
Ye, I was subbed to On Edge until a two or three months ago. It eventually just gets to be too long of a wait, no matter the reason and to be fair to Onedge they had a couple pretty good reasons. The updates on progress are nice and all, but eventually it becomes hard to justify paying monthly y'know? No hate to Onedge, I think they have two potentially fantastic games on their hands that check all of my boxes.

Reactions: Product Placement

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
Ye, I was subbed to On Edge until a two or three months ago. It eventually just gets to be too long of a wait, no matter the reason and to be fair to Onedge they had a couple pretty good reasons. The updates on progress are nice and all, but eventually it becomes hard to justify paying monthly y'know? No hate to Onedge, I think they have two potentially fantastic games on their hands that check all of my boxes.
Fully agree. Do not pay then. That is your good right and a sign to the dev that people are not happy about the development.
But most of the people constantly bitching here do not support anything in the first place. Leechers should just shut up and be happy with what they get for free.
Those who pay have a simple recourse: just unsub.

OvaLoaf

Nov 7, 2020
Highlighted Onedge's statements in orange from subscribestar and discord.

From his subscribestar:
Before you subscribe
I put this part here to make sure you read it before moving on.

I'm making this game to calm myself down, when I'm taking a break from coding On Edge. This means that there's no possible way of telling when I will be able to update. Having that said, making this game requires less time as it is less complex, and it's scene-based so there aren't really any technical updates required (hence why it calms me down).

Like in On Edge, note that the tiers are there to support this game. The reason I made a second page at all was to actually ensure that all support for a game goes to that game only.
But it's important to make it clear before you subscribe, that On Edge is my first priority.
Having that said, finances will be used for more art regardless.

From his faq channel on discord:
Onedge — 04/11/2022 4:41 AM​
Q: Will the game be updated in x time? (this month, etc)​
A: We have decided to finish entire corruption levels as updates, instead of single scenes, which means that each update will be have a lot of content, but also that each update will take more time to finish. When it's close, or when it's in testing phase, I will make a relevant post so you will know. Until then, I am posting its progress in rough videos or teasers. Work is always being done!​
If its going to take forever so be it. On Edge is such a unique premise that it would be a waste to see it abandoned. Until then though I'll just wait and so should everyone else.

Zellemate

Community Manager For HeavenStudios
Game Developer
Dec 13, 2016
From discord regarding contents of corruption 1(the next update):

Onedge — Today at 9:26 PM
- Cinema
- Cooking (sit on lap)
- Cleaning (sock)
- Bench (park)
- Dojo
- Shower
- Bookstore
- Tea

- Creepy guy
- Corruption 1 intro (changing clothes)
- Satisfy Him readings

I think that's all the settings?

Most scenes have 3 parts to them, some 2.
Creepy guy and corruption 1 intro obviously only have 1 part.

So it sums up to about 27 scenes. But I might put some scene parts together if it proves tiring. But Tea, cinema and dojo all have 3 parts, I think the bookstore too. I don't wanna get into the scenes and count them, but yeah, that's a rough estimate.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
i'd rather have a onedge update
From my understanding this gets the next update, then he will switch back to Onedge. This just got really popular so he switched to working on it. But The system made for this will be used for Onedge too.

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
So many rate/like this games but abandoned? :oops: What happen? NTR haters? Dev can't hold a pressure from those biatch. God bless you buddy, hope you continue this games :sneaky:.
you know that you are also accusing the mods who marked this abandoned right?

its not like some random person reports a game and it automatically goes abandoned. the game havent seen an actual playable update since the first release(correct me if im wrong) and that was almost one and a half year ago. Once a playable update is released the abandoned tag will be removed.

If you dont like the "abandoned" policy you should go make suggestions in the proper forum sections instead.

If you want to talk to the devs you should join his discord, he is way more active there.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I think the Abandoned tag is more appropriate for works that have 0 activity going on. I get that there hasn't been anything poster here in a long while, but its not like the dev disappeared. So a different tag to show the dev isn't dead or vanished would be nice.

• Haha
Reactions: gilgamesh9

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
I think the Abandoned tag is more appropriate for works that have 0 activity going on. I get that there hasn't been anything poster here in a long while, but its not like the dev disappeared. So a different tag to show the dev isn't dead or vanished would be nice.
The line needs to be drawn somewhere. A year ago I bought an Early Access title from a developer because I enjoyed their first game. I don't necessarily regret the purchase but they've been basically dead silent on their own website and on steam. They do post on discord (occasionally) but since their official channels show no sign of activity I would still consider the game abandoned. It took them 2 years ! to post a few tidbits of the update they've been working on. Like, WTF?

itsmeluigi

Aug 10, 2020
The line needs to be drawn somewhere. A year ago I bought an Early Access title from a developer because I enjoyed their first game. I don't necessarily regret the purchase but they've been basically dead silent on their own website and on steam. They do post on discord (occasionally) but since their official channels show no sign of activity I would still consider the game abandoned. It took them 2 years ! to post a few tidbits of the update they've been working on. Like, WTF?
I stopped purchasing early access titles for this very reason. I don't even pre-purchase nowadays, always wait for day 2 for any kind of purchase.

4.50 star(s) 30 Votes