Save Diskspace compressing games

Apr 12, 2018
Greetings folks!

Recently (or not so much), I've been having problems with storing games (Yes, I have a lot of them), so I considered that I could compress them with winrar.

I would like to know if there is any specific configuration of winrar, for games like these (translated or Japanese), or even, some configuration that helps me to save more space.
Eventually there is a better option than winrar, as long as it's not too much work.

Thanks!
1659993551409.png

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Don't do that, you won't be able to extract games without deleting stuff...

Learn how to manage your games instead, delete incomplete stuff since you will have to redownload the future version anyways, delete old stuff or things you don't plan to replay, at the very least stop downloading games and start playing them and with each game you finish more space should open.

And if those games are already well managed and yet there is nothing you can do just buy another drive, looks like you need more space...

Apr 12, 2018
I already buy another drive hahahaha
I have a serious problem with store everything
For now, i compressed few games and tested, save 10%

But, thanks for tips bro

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
7zip & LZMA2 algorithm with compression level 9. that's what we use to archive this
1660034967016.png

also delete old versions of games if you're not doing it already lol.

Reactions: MyNameIsPalpaterare

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
For now, i compressed few games and tested, save 10%
The thing is that nowadays people already can download the entire thing faster than the time it takes to decompress heavier levels of compression.

So you might end up wasting more time decompressing games than you would just downloading them...