Save Migration/Saving Paths

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Good evening,

I've recently replaced my hard drive with an SSD. I still have the hard drive with it's data and can use it as a separate file storage/drive. All my games/saves and everything from here is in there and hasn't moved. I can run the games once the drive is connected but they don't have any save data. I know that the data is still there as I've not deleted anything and a Japanese game I ran, allowed me to load files.

Now I was wondering, is it possible for me to get games to recognize my old saves that are already in the hard drive and make sure to that once I run the game from the hard drive, the save also saves on that drive? Obviously it would be easier just to transfer all my data into the SSD, but I kinda want to keep it "clean" and only have specific stuff on it.

Thank you for your advice,

Regards,

Lord Fridge

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Most of your savefiles should be somewhere inside :/users/username/AppData folder.

If you want o keep it clean find the saves you need and then move them to the same location on your ssd.

I do not recommend changing the default location of your %appdata% folder to your hard drive because that could give you a headache in the long run.