Daz Saving a character from Genesis 8.1 base, so that it's recognized as a NEW character.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
Answered my own question down below: https://f95zone.to/threads/saving-a...nized-as-a-new-character.129151/#post-8896800

The issue I'm running into, is that if I load up two Genesis 8.1 Female figures, apply different morphs to them, and then try to generate 2 different genital textures with New Genitalia For Victoria 8, I won't be able to because NGV8 will think I'm trying to recreate the texture (since it sees both figures as Genesis 8.1 Female).

I've tried renaming the figures in scene view, saving them as different actor presets, saving their materials as two different presets (even though they use the exact same material). How can I save these characters so that they register as "unique" characters?

Last edited:

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The issue I'm running into, is that if I load up two Genesis 8.1 Female figures, apply different morphs to them, and then try to generate 2 different genital textures with New Genitalia For Victoria 8, I won't be able to because NGV8 will think I'm trying to recreate the texture (since it sees both figures as Genesis 8.1 Female).
I cannot see your issue, if you load two Genesis 8.1 into the scene daz will call them Genesis 8.1 female and Genesis 8.1 female(2) by default. Any vagina textures will only work on Genesis 8.1 female OR Genesis 8.1 female(2) depending on which one you have selected.
How can I save these characters so that they register as "unique" characters?
Character A and character B -

Save both characters as a scene called A so you have A and B saved as a scene
Delete character A so you only have B in the scene then save it again as a scene called B this time (so character B is saved as scene B now)

Reload scene A that has character A and B still in it and delete character B, then re- save it so now only character A is in save A.

Last edited:

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
I cannot see your issue, if you load two Genesis 8.1 into the scene daz will call them Genesis 8.1 female and Genesis 8.1 female(2) by default. Any vagina textures will only work on Genesis 8.1 female OR Genesis 8.1 female(2) depending on which one you have selected.

Character A and character B -

Save both characters as a scene called A so you have A and B saved as a scene
Delete character A so you only have B in the scene then save it again as a scene called B this time (so character B is saved as scene B now)

Reload scene A that has character A and B still in it and delete character B, then re- save it so now only character A is in save A.
I specifically mentioned that renaming the characters in the scene view does nothing to fix my issue (that (2) does nothing, it still registers under Genesis 8.1 Female). NGV8 stores textures in the library like this:

1662000652170.png

You did not understand my issue. Here, look:

1662001015736.png

You see how it asks me to re-create the texture? If it was considered a different figure it would ask me to create new textures.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I specifically mentioned that renaming the characters in the scene view does nothing to fix my issue
You also didnt specifically mention you were using the expansion pack thingy

You did not understand my issue. Here, look:
Because you never explained it.

The answer is, I don't know :p (I have never used the expansion)

Last edited:

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
You also didnt specifically mention you were using the expansion pack thingy

Because you never explained it.

The answer is, I don't know :p (I have never used the expansion)
My bad for explaining it poorly in the OP :oops:

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
then try to generate 2 different genital textures with New Genitalia For Victoria 8
What is the name of that "generation" script you use here, I don't remember ever using this (I may not be up to date tho) :

1662001015736.png

Why not using the usual color/effect script? Or if that fail, just manually choosing the desired maps?

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
What is the name of that "generation" script you use here, I don't remember ever using this (I may not be up to date tho) :

View attachment 2019828

Why not using the usual color/effect script? Or if that fail, just manually choosing the desired maps?
1662132723670.png

It's the "00 - Customize..." script, part of the expansion pack for NGV8. It's the recommended way of using this product by the author, so much so that I forgot they're technically two different products.

That said the above issue (textures assigned via some internal name, rather than scene name) is also present for HD Nipples 2.0, another great product from 3feetwolf. It's not just NGV8 that's affected, and it makes creating characters from scratch difficult.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
no__name
mickydoo

Not sure if you're interested in a follow-up, but I think I figured it out. The expansion script is looking for the head morph of the selected figure, to figure (lol) out if it's a new character or not. I dug into the script and found this:

1662171504843.png

So I played around a bit, and the instant I applied a new head morph to a character, boom, the prompt is "create new texture" and not "re-create texture". So I guess I just need to create/export/install a unique head morph that can be picked up by the script. Why 3footwolf decided to do it this way instead of looking at the node label I will never know.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Alternately, load one character, generate the texture, save the character as a scene subset, or save a materials preset for the genitalia. Clear scene. Repeat for the other character. Then load both your characters as required.

o7sniip

Dec 6, 2020
Alternately, load one character, generate the texture, save the character as a scene subset, or save a materials preset for the genitalia. Clear scene. Repeat for the other character. Then load both your characters as required.
This wouldn't actually work, the materials preset would point to location A for the textures, and when you did that again for the new character the second material preset would still point to location A for the textures.

There is a way to make this idea work: 1) copy the textures to a new location and 2)manually edit the material preset to point to that new location. Now you can change the textures in the original destination without affecting the new location. It's a very manual process though, would not recommend.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
This wouldn't actually work, the materials preset would point to location A for the textures, and when you did that again for the new character the second material preset would still point to location A for the textures.

There is a way to make this idea work: 1) copy the textures to a new location and 2)manually edit the material preset to point to that new location. Now you can change the textures in the original destination without affecting the new location. It's a very manual process though, would not recommend.
OK, yes, I see the problem. It didn't occur to me that the process was re-generating the textures to the same location each time.

Doh!