Daz Saving as scene subset not working properly

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
So I want to save my custom character and load them into any scene whenever I want. So I decided to use scene subset but then this happens, (2nd pic). 1st pic is how it should look.
1670243927069.png

But when i load it comes out like this,
1670243974018.png

Ignore the PBR brightness since i didnt save that option when saving as subset. But the clipping shouldn't happen, right? Even the breasts seem wrong.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Try saving it as a character and wearable preset instead. Subsets have limited uses, imo.

Select your figure > File > Save As > Character Preset > Save it to a location where you can find it quite easily.

Do the same for the clothes/hair/eyelashes/etc.:

Select your figure > File > Save As > Wearables Preset > Save it to a location where you can find it easily.

Then load your new scene, load your character preset, select your character in the scene pane, and then load your clothing preset.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Try saving it as a character and wearable preset instead. Subsets have limited uses, imo.

Select your figure > File > Save As > Character Preset > Save it to a location where you can find it quite easily.

Do the same for the clothes/hair/eyelashes/etc.:

Select your figure > File > Save As > Wearables Preset > Save it to a location where you can find it easily.

Then load your new scene, load your character preset, select your character in the scene pane, and then load your clothing preset.
I am still getting the same issue. The t-shirt is dforce and I used simulation in the original scene. Is this the reason why I can't save it properly?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I am still getting the same issue. The t-shirt is dforce and I used simulation in the original scene. Is this the reason why I can't save it properly?
Might be. Try simulating in the new scene. I might hide the pants, though, as it could cause the shirt to explode.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Did you use the timeline to simulate? If you did, move your timeline to the place you finished the simulation and see how it looks.

immortalkid69

Jun 13, 2022
Did you use the timeline to simulate? If you did, move your timeline to the place you finished the simulation and see how it looks.
It was already at 30 frames when I saved. Otherwise, I wouldn't save if the breasts still looked flatter.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
One oddity with dForce I have noticed is that, even when you Freeze the simulation on an Item - AND - you even hide that item... hitting the CLEAR button on the simulation tab will reset every dForce item in the scene, hidden or not, frozen or not.

I noticed the character in your scene subset is in a T-pose - so realistically, the funkyness of the t-shirt being dForce really shouldn't matter. You'll still need to adjust and simulate it when you make your pose. (Hit CLEAR and the shirt will probably "puff" out to it's default pose, then simulate it )