Scalp showing through hair in render.

Darth Bane

May 2, 2018
If one of you rock stars out there can help me with this....
I'm using Bonnie hair on a model, and in the render the scalp is showing. Particularly with a light source above the character. I've got the cut out capacity set to 1.0, I've played around with some other options I've read on the webz, but I can't seem to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! bonnie hair.png

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
If one of you rock stars out there can help me with this....
I'm using Bonnie hair on a model, and in the render the scalp is showing. Particularly with a light source above the character. I've got the cut out capacity set to 1.0, I've played around with some other options I've read on the webz, but I can't seem to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 264385
I don't know if this will work in your case but I had a similar problem on one of mine once. I ended up solving it by playing with the scale of the scalp and hair. Not by much. I think it was one percent or such either way.

Reactions: Darth Bane

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
The hair on Amy in my avatar always bled through the scalp on the front under certain lights, the only way I could ever fix it permanently was to delete the scalp hair mesh with the geometry tool. I put the hair in blender and 3ds max to have a look at it, I could see what was causing it but do not know enough about daz to know why. The hair on one of my other characters has the same problem but nowhere near as bad, I have to clean it up too sometimes. Shits me to no end.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
It seems to be fitting problem, you can look for fits for it or play with the size or fitting sliders it it has any, if not you can export your model and hair, fit it in blender and import back just the hair as a morph