VN Ren'Py Completed Scarlet Spire [Final] [AlleyKat Games]

4.00 star(s) 14 Votes

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
I don't mind a non sexual game here if its good. It seems it is not bad so far, haven't tried it yet, so i will wait for more content and then i will dig into it.

PoyntFury you'll probably make sure that they never discover that you are a member of this forum at all. ;)

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
I just tried it. Impressions:

A different Game .. and it is appreciated. But he lacks things. There are no animations, there are no facial expressions during conversations. The Models and Assets are fine, but there is no magic in the renders. I think you could get more out of that scenario.

At the moment I'm not worried about finding sexual content.

nyin

Game Developer
Mar 7, 2018
I tried it last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It felt like an interactive Book-Movie :LOL: I really appreciate the narration elements, which add quite more depth to the immersion experience. I would recommend checking it out even if there isn't any sexual content, just because it was a pretty good experience. :coffee:

Deleted member 584886

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 30, 2018
Hello,

First off, thank you kindly to all the feedback Raze and me received about the game. Big thank you to the reviewers, you people are amazing!

Now, a small update of the game:
-We heard your feedback about the English, and we got a proofreader in the team now!
-The work on Chapter 6 have officially started two days ago ^^
-We are working hard to make Chapter 6 the best chapter so far!

Thank you to everyone interested in our game!
Please, be sure to follow us on Patreon for the minute news.

~Kat

Reeia

Oct 4, 2018
"Scarlet Spire is a science fiction visual novel based on the same-named book". Am i missing something because i cant find a book called Scarlet spire on google.

Dparx

Jan 21, 2018

Chapter 6 Dark Teaser
First off, I want to thank all our Patrons. You guys are amazing. I want to thank the follows for the interest as well, I know there's quite a few of you. Hopefully, you will enjoy in upcoming content as much as we enjoyed making it.
Now, the Chapter 6 development is heavily under way, the custom assets are done, and we're working our butts off to deliver great renders.
Now a question, where is Scarlet exactly? Why is she there? What did she saw? What happened to her?

Something that is new for Chapter 6:
:: Improved day and night cycle, specifically afternoon and night, for an even more realistic renders backdrops and atmosphere.
:: More choices with exploration of the enviroment.
:: Biggest enviroments so far in game.
:: The most renders so far in any chapter.
:: Horror elements with an atmosphere to follow.

Chapter 6 is scheduled for release 15th of April for our Patrons.
Hope you will like it!
~AlleyKat

Ilfenis

Feb 7, 2019
Ok, first impressions, and they're not good ones, so prepare...

The narrative component of the game is currently not at a level where reading through it is enjoyable.

It's not the worst that I've come across, but, for example, the consistent lack of grammatical articles such as "the" takes you out of the immersion of a lot of the scenes, and this is already in a dry 3rd-person POV that makes identifying with the characters and caring about them difficult.

The bigger problem is that major points in the plot are not being communicated effectively to the reader. There's a lack of narrative foreshadowing, and some of it is also lost due to the problematic English which isn't conveying what the author is probably trying to convey.

What exactly happened to Scarlet when she fell asleep for hours after first encountering the security terminal? Who knows. Any significance of it is skimmed over so we the reader just shrug and keep reading trying to find something to anchor us.

What's with the room and the change of the AI's voice from a female to a male one named Levi? What's the significance of the man with black hair, and Dr Daniels apart from the fact that he has amnesia? These feel like important characters and plot elements but I just didn't feel that anything that they said or what happened with them made things stand out in the reader's mind.

Also, an effective story should introduce the main character, her motivations straight from the outset in a clear manner. This is to help the reader get inside the head of the MC, sympathize with them and care about their success.
I feel you still haven't done this with Scarlet, and as a result I have very very little idea of what this story is about and what its themes are. I know it's still early at chapter 4, but this is kind of a big problem.

If I were to describe to you what my impression of the plot is so far, I would barely be able to give you anything.... Girl comes to work at enigmatic corporation. There's a mysterious AI and a really smart scientist guy who she feels some stirrings of attraction for. That's literally it.

4.00 star(s) 14 Votes