• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py - School of Harem [v0.12a] [Black Studios]

1. 1.00 star(s)

xMaoam1123

Full of bugs and paywalls. Content behind the current paywalls does not exist, even in the "Patreon Version", which is 1:1 the same version as here.

Navigation is a pain and time system is not working at all, like showing "39 o Clock" and similar.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

shiite

The game is essentially a demo, to obtain content you need to pay for author's Patreon. I am not sure this is appropriate at all, especially considering that everybody seems to hate the game. In most options, the game says "not in this version".
  3. 3.00 star(s)

WillNotWork

The good: there are some interesting ideas, and a fair amount of content. Significant effort was put into the models.

The bad: there is no flow control, so events are interactable out of order or when they aren't supposed to be available. Combined with very little hinting, it makes gameplay difficult. The location graphics are undeveloped.

If clicking around and grinding for scenes doesn't bother you, it's a fun game. If you want more interactivity, or less sand in your sandbox, avoid.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Remnantfate

tons bugs and SO much content just locked away behind "not in this version". meaning that it is not that the content isn't there, just that the dev asking you to fork over money if you want anything meaningful out of this "game"
  5. 2.00 star(s)

ImaginaryMe

At first glance, I thought this might be a mid-tier game I could try because it has pregnancy content. I figured that I could slog through it to see what I'm after. Sadly, between the missing images, missing content, untranslated dialogue and lack of real structure, I wasn't able to force myself to get through it.

It seems like it's trying to be The Headmaster, but it's going to need a lot of work to get there. It could be possible, it just needs more content and a good working over.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Hyperserver

not recommended at all
    Bugs over bugs - missing images - broken menues - false hints - most menu points are "not implemented yet" instead of just leaving them out ....
    ... and much more.
    Also senseless grind for raising stats /typical fucked up sandbox mode)
    Renders are below average of modern standards.
    No hint system (the few hints are even broken or just wrong - as mentionned above)
    The game feels like a very early pre-alpha of a first try to create a game.
    It needs A COMPLETE overhaul and re-design to be considered even worth to try. Right now it's a pure mess and barely unplayable.

All those who gave this game a 5 star rating maybe played another game or got money from the developer to do such a rating.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

mmdx

When I see people say there are too many bugs I thought they may be too harsh on it, until I really try it. 1/2 of the clicks bring me to not implemented/available, and 1/4 brings me to bugs. the rest 1/4 bring me to random events that I don't even trigger.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

ghostmaster

Not even slightest direction in this one. Broken and empty dialogue. Unmarked doors. No indication on which actions spend time and which don't. Unintuitive interface. Tons of stub buttons leading to "not available yet" - then why there is a button?!
    And worse of all - paywall. Game has an outfit system for its characters. Which means that dev had re-rendered characters in all different outfits. And he slapped a paywall on that.

Stay away.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Tremonia

Hard to describe how bad this experience was. The grammar is really imaginative. The graphics are bad even by Honey Select standards. You can make nice games with HS but this one is a total letdown. I gave two stars because the dev had tried and even if he failed I honor his lost of lifetime about his work on this. Moreover the idea was good and he will learn from this. Hopefully he abandone this field experiment and start again.

edit: no, I have to give him only one star. It wouldn't be fair to other games I rated with more stars. 2/10 would be a fair rating but not 2/5.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

spiderfan

This is the worst game I've ever seen.

Renders /art style
    are shit; perspectives are all wrong; empty sterile locations

Story?
    There is none

Gamedesign
    there is no concept here
    there are no descriptions of the items you can click on most of the time
    events just pop up out of the blue; you never feel like you are in controll of the game
    there isn't even a display for the day and the time on the screen

Content
    there is barely any
    most locations are just placeholders

bugs
    there are a lot
    game crashes all the time
  11. 1.00 star(s)

Fred the Red

School setting, harem, incest and corruption is a great combination of tags but this game just oozes laziness everywhere. The English is dodgy, the writing is threadbare, the visuals look like unmodded Honey Select, mechanics aren't explained. To top it all off it constantly blueballs you with content being "Not available in this version", which could mean it's paywalled or not implemented yet (as of 0.6)
  12. 1.00 star(s)

DiTo

This can hardly be called a game, it's a collection of bugs. I am not even going to bother critiquing the minor things like the quality of English, story, and the absence of any guidance because there are far bigger problems here, and many of them. This is the sort of game one makes if he wants to practice, not the kind of game you put out to make money. The dev honestly thinks this is worth paying for since there is Patreon only content in this mess of a game with almost no content to speak of as is. The dev honestly needs a reality check. I have no idea who in their right mind would support a game with no content and endless bugs. The least the dev could do is play his own game and fix the bugs in it before releasing it...
  13. 4.00 star(s)

AiKNicK

I played version 0.6. I overrate the game's score because I think it has a lot of potential and I like the character design and plot. But I had a lot of bugs and the game has a lot of options not implemented or blocked. Another problem is that you have too many paths, but only a few are in use or too short.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

loikl

The game itself is not terrible, but it is far from being a good game, it needs to improve and better plan both the content and the story in general, if the dev sees this, I would recommend taking your time to consider both the content of each update (preferably something more durable) like the gameplay that is the worst of the game at the moment, he wanted to add an objective screen to start with, in the same way good luck with the project, it could be very good if it is only planned correctly.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

El experto

more please

nice job!

the game looks to be very good, I like the whole story and the paths, cheer up and try a little harder to present something better, you can!
    improves the quality of the images and there are some paths that cause errors, one of them is sleeping on Sunday and advancing 1 hour does not let you exit the context menu
  16. 1.00 star(s)

_Utakata_

Update for 0.8a
    nothing changed
    most stuff is still not in the game yet and clothes still locked behind patreon
    Renders are the only good thing
    You can cheat add corruption to your wife and daughters but there only wife scenes
    There are even no school corrupting scenes
    Game still feels to empty
    To buy clothes for i need the patreon version :FacePalm:
    language jumps from english to spanish
  17. 1.00 star(s)

Plaguey

I would be more than likely to give a better rating if there was more to the game and not behind a massive pay wall. I really hope you do better with this game. But as it stands right now it is unplayable, not fun and aggravatingly paced with bugs everywhere. Not to mention hard to navigate and such. I feel as if there is looking into the feedback given (talking about the constructive ones) on the thread for it as well as it is vastly noticeable that money is the real driving force for the game. I get it that people want to make money but putting a ton of features behind paywalls and leaving the game a buggy mess only to be met with a massive Patron logo and constantly being asked to join it at nearly every turn. Well that makes hardly anyone want to give money. As you can see from the comments. But once more I feel that you need to take a step back and look at what is being presented to you.

I hope for the best in your endeavors. But you are not going to gain more fans of this game if you do not put forth the effort and pump out updates without a single play test for the game. Not to mention you are not giving people the option to support you rather than forcing them to. Which leads me to wonder is the good content behind the payments? If so then I think you have lost sight of what the majority of these games are and that is passion projects.
  18. 3.00 star(s)

Gamesman01

Bugs bugs bugs. Then not in this version. This needs a lot of work before it's playable. Not even the language choice works consistently. Several choices break the game. Clicking on wife in living room shut the totally breaks the game. NPCs are in multiple places at the same time. Wait till it updates a few times and check again.