VN - HTML - Completed - Sci-Fi Story [Final] [vDateGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

CourtesyFlush

I've downoladed it, extracted and tried to run it but there's no .exe file. I don't have time nor patience to even wonder why that is. Graphics look outdated though, like it was all designed 10 years ago or something. A waste of time.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

BansheeHand

Managed to break the record and become the worst game I have ever played! (I have played some seriously bad games too!) The main reason is that the developers has made a conscious effort to upstage the player.

The game puts you in a Live, Die, Repeat cycle similar to what you see in The Edge of Tomorrow film, only this time, you're NOT trying to save the Earth from an alien invasion, and definitely not trying to save the galaxy. You evade one bad ending after another and do your best to see the ending after which there is no repetition but a big "The End" message. The problem is, that ending is the worst ending of all. This is one of those game in which you are the bad guy and don't know it till the end.

The game gives the impression that it has a semblance of story but it doesn't. During the gameplay you accumulate loose ends after loose ends and they never get tied up. In fact, in the repeated replays, you'll notice timeline inconsistencies.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    The next biggest problem is the stark stupidity of the choices your character is permitted to make. He never asks the obvious question nor performs the most obvious actions of all.
    To make the game an absolute nightmare, it has the worst UI imaginable. Hotspots are not obvious, so remember, the Tab key is your friend. (Alt+F4 is your best friend. ;))
  3. 4.00 star(s)

ScottyLQ

Usually the most tedious aspect to HTML games is that you have to play them from start to finish every time, with little to no saving capability. With Sci-Fi Story, Mr Stomper has taken that negative aspect and turned it into a positive, delivering an easy to play, light game that you can go over quickly while trying all the possible permutations to the options given.

The sex scenes may be a little simplistic and rough around the edges compared to other games, but you have to take into consideration that this is the dev's 2nd game.

I'm looking forward to the next one. Hope it doesn't take as long.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

azertymat

Really good game, typical die and retry but every time the storyline change a bitand justify the several try with is nice cause less boring. Deserve 5 star but lost one for the ending.. (could be more) the game deserve better!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

YuriiH

Quite a good game until the very end. (therefore, minus 2 stars)
    In short, you spend two-three-four hours to explore new pics and decisions, which eventually lead to horrible death and restarting.
    But then, suddenly your character faces linear story end, with no point of return, and ultimately fails…
    If you like failures (n)-- this game will be exactly for you.
    If you don't :cool:--don't waste your time searching for story branches--just watch the pics, as they are nicely done indeed.

To the dev (if you ever read, ofc):
    You could make at least one "good" ending and the game would expand the coverage upon many people that hate constant forced failures with no reward at the end.
    Truth to be told, I was going to give the score of 5 before I've faced the ending.:sick::sick::sick: