Script error message when starting game

Jan 26, 2020
When I try to start this game:

I get an error saying: "Script 'Σ Fullscreen' line 93; NoMethodError occured.
Undefined method 'size' for nil:NilClass"

Anyone got an idea what this is and how to fix it? I've tried all compatability modes and locale changes, but it looks like a RPGmaker problem.

Download to the game here:

Jan 26, 2020
Now the game works if I run it in 640 x 480 resolution restricted mode, but it is visually buggy and does not fit the screen. Does anyone have any experience with this?

BiggieChz

Oct 28, 2017
You're probably not still worried about this or maybe you found a different solution. Mine was to remove the fullscreen script from the scripts.rvdata or .rvdata2 files. It doesn't appear necessary from what I can tell.

To do this, you'll need some form of the VX (I used Ace's) editor, load the project, go to Tools -> Script Editor, and scroll down until you find Σ Fullscreen script. Right click and delete that, hit apply, then File -> Save Project. Problem should be solved.

If you don't want to do any of that, I'm pretty sure replacing the two script files in Data/ with those attached should suffice.

If you choose to add the original scripts back, that's as easy as unzipping another copy of the archive since this issue stems from a setting in the core engine. You'll have to re-enable fullscreen on startup while having the fullscreen script removed though if you want to do this.

Last edited:

maroon5wow

Aug 13, 2022
" " This link seems like the old 1. When I opened it. It told me that the file was removed.