Ren'Py Scrolling images

NemesisPrime88

Jan 13, 2019
Hello, I just wanted to ask this as I am new to these issues. When I click on an image as shown below, a photo of the listed places and places to go is shown, what should I do as a code, I can do something similar. I do not have a lot of code information, I searched, but I could not find this system. Thank you

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
When I click on an image as shown below, a photo of the listed places and places to go is shown, what should I do as a code, I can do something similar. I do not have a lot of code information, I searched, but I could not find this system.
Hmm, what do you want exactly ? The code that will show (and I assume hide) the list of places, the code that will send you to the place itself, or something else (scrolling ?) ?

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Looking at the picture and guessing, I can see two possibilities...

• #1 : A collapsible navigation bar. Most of the time, it's just a button. But when you press that button, a list of other locations appears, with each of those locations being another clickable button. In which case, he's probably asking how to animate the bar open/close.

• #2 : Alternatively he's asking for a navigation bar which can scroll to show other locations. Each picture being a clickable button to move to another location. With more possible locations than can be shown on the screen in one go. With maybe scroll up/down buttons to see the extra buttons. In which case, he's probably asking how to animate the bar to move up/down when the scroll buttons are used.

My answer is going to be the same for both... don't do it.

Location navigation is something the player is going to be doing all the time - as such, your "making it pretty" solution is only going to make actually playing more cumbersome. Keep your interface simple: an "always on" set of buttons that need to be clicked only once to move somewhere. Both my guesses above will mean the player needing to click multiple times to do one thing. If there really are too many locations to show at once, either create separate world/local navigation buttons, make the buttons smaller or just use multiple rows.

I can sort of see the attraction of #1, in so much as it offers a "cleaner" UI. But even so, you're substituting "pretty" for "functional". Whereas I would suggest it's better to keep it functional. (of course, I have the artistic soul of a lump of coal - so maybe this is why I don't actually write games).

NemesisPrime88

Jan 13, 2019
Hmm, what do you want exactly ? The code that will show (and I assume hide) the list of places, the code that will send you to the place itself, or something else (scrolling ?) ?
Firstly sorry for bad english. I mean the place I drew in the photo I took. When I click, how do I sort the pictures below and when I click on those photos, I go to that scene.

What I need to write as the code, so I searched but could not find it exactly.