VN Ren'Py Searching a (french ?) programmer

Parsion

Jun 11, 2017
Hello Guys, I'm an art student in France, I'm currently searching a programmer on Ren'Py.

Someone who can write with me, I d'like someone who can speak french if possible, and if this french person can even more speak english for the dialogues and the programming it's even better.

I speak english very well (I'm teaching art around the world online to canadian and autraliant students) so if no FRENCH programmer propose his profil here, i will go on an english one.

Serious project, patreon split in 50/50.

I will draw on my free time (I have 38 hours of classes in my school, around 7 hours of online teaching around the world and 9 hours of delivery part time job, all of that every week). So, I would like someone who can undestand and be able to wait my art. Here's how i plan this :

- writing session, every update will represent one day in my game.
- When the story and dialogues are written, i will draw a quick storyboard and you will program the current update
- We test the update and we will see if it's good for both of us.
- I will draw the art in BLACK AND WHITE. Why ? To draw faster. If our patreon is working, i plan to hire someone to do the colors.
- and then we publish the update/game on patreon.

Can I do animation ?
-> Yes, i can do basic loop animations for hot scenes (from 3 to 8 frames maximum), I'm in 4th year art school, video game specialty.

What is my professionnal plan ?
-> We will start by a very small game, to know each others and starting creating together and then we will create a bigger game. If on the smaller one we think we can go further, we will convert this little game by an ambitious one.

How we will write the story ?
-> I use Twine to write the story.

Can we see some of your art ?
-> Sure, here : there are only some samples of the digital art I did for my school.

If you have some questions, be free to ask me here.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Hello there Parsion,

I am in the same situation as you, I speak both English and French very well (try me mon ami) and I was about thinking to make a VN game as well... So why not we do it together then?

I live in the Us though and I am not French.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

tomtony

Jun 6, 2018
Hello Guys, I'm an art student in France, I'm currently searching a programmer on Ren'Py.

Someone who can write with me, I d'like someone who can speak french if possible, and if this french person can even more speak english for the dialogues and the programming it's even better.

I speak english very well (I'm teaching art around the world online to canadian and autraliant students) so if no FRENCH programmer propose his profil here, i will go on an english one.

Serious project, patreon split in 50/50.

I will draw on my free time (I have 38 hours of classes in my school, around 7 hours of online teaching around the world and 9 hours of delivery part time job, all of that every week). So, I would like someone who can undestand and be able to wait my art. Here's how i plan this :

- writing session, every update will represent one day in my game.
- When the story and dialogues are written, i will draw a quick storyboard and you will program the current update
- We test the update and we will see if it's good for both of us.
- I will draw the art in BLACK AND WHITE. Why ? To draw faster. If our patreon is working, i plan to hire someone to do the colors.
- and then we publish the update/game on patreon.

Can I do animation ?
-> Yes, i can do basic loop animations for hot scenes (from 3 to 8 frames maximum), I'm in 4th year art school, video game specialty.

What is my professionnal plan ?
-> We will start by a very small game, to know each others and starting creating together and then we will create a bigger game. If on the smaller one we think we can go further, we will convert this little game by an ambitious one.

How we will write the story ?
-> I use Twine to write the story.

Can we see some of your art ?
-> Sure, here : there are only some samples of the digital art I did for my school.

If you have some questions, be free to ask me here.

Hey Parison,

I'm a student just like yourself but im from germany and I study informatics. I want to make a VN too, but it would take a lot of time to get into the whole 3D and 2D character and animation creation thing, I'm interested in it, but it would take alot of time to get used to it and make it better. I would like to help you out, since i also have some ideas and maybe we could share them and maybe we could implement some of it, since my ideas require drawing, because of the lack of 3D assets for it. If you would be interested pm me or write here a replay or add me on discord and we could talk. Username: tomtony#1990

Hope to hearing from you soon.

euphobie

Jan 27, 2018
hello i speak french/english/spanish, i'm not a programmer, i'm a 2D artist, so i can color your draw, and maybe translate your project in three languages

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
hello i speak french/english/spanish, i'm not a programmer, i'm a 2D artist, so i can color your draw, and maybe translate your project in three languages
Don't you think that, more than two years later, the game is either started or abandoned ?

euphobie

Jan 27, 2018
honnestly didn't see the date of the thread, but dunno, in all case my post was viewed by someone (you), so perhaps anyone will see my post and be interested by my announcement, life is full of surprise ;)

Reactions: osanaiko