Ren'Py - Completed - Second Happiness [v3.4] [Vnorth]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ElPiti

Love this game, it is hard and obtuse but it pays off well.
    The way this goes is that you gotta deal with this itinerary of character activities with very little guidance top progress.
    It IS a but painful to find the rhythm and cadence of things, but once you do, it'll click.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

darthpham

This game is a brutal slog! It feels like the developer punishes you when you finally figure out something because now you have to do it 3-5 more times. And the hints or clues to progress is virtually no existent! No way you can play this game without a walkthrough; you'll see people say they can, but that's a lie especially with those "hotspots" that is just plain idiotic; literally invisible tags on characters that are placed in certain situations without any clues, so enjoy randomly waving your cursor around everyone's body like a lunatic just to see if there's a hotspot!
    I see people say that want a challenge or to make them think, but there's a fine line between something challenging/thought provoking & something designed to waste time. It's not thinking when you have to guess the randomness of where someone is, or what is hidden on them, or how they're even connected to another character. Other game grind too, but they have quest markers or hints within to allow progression & flow; this is not one of those games! There's literally a mod tip to focus on one character at a time, just so you don't get lost. Does that sound like a thoughtfully designed game?
  3. 1.00 star(s)

wrs_supernova

I wanted to give it a try, checks a lot of the tags I'm usually interested.
    Sadly, the engrish is too strong with this one.
    And I guess that even with a good translation the story would still be bad, because the way things happen, the lack of transition and setup for scenes are easily noticeable in the first lines.

Graphics are really dated, so nothing on that side too.
    Don't know about animation, couldn't stand until one appeared.

MC looks dumb/stupid, that kind of game that keeps throwing its thoughts on you.

Sadly I don't see any saving grace for this one, no third or forth happiness salvaging it.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

jed999

The Premise is tired but the dev does a good job of changing it up just enough to keep you interested it would have easily been a 3 start or better game.
    For an honest evaluation I had to deduct stars for the bad writing which made it drop to 3, but the kicker is the disjointed story progression that must be adhered to in order to progress.
    This in of itself this wouldn't be an issue if the walk-through actually worked but it doesn't.
    You miss one step in the badly worded walk through and the game progression stops.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Uroboros_33

The most messy, convoluted, unintuitive hell of a game that I've ever played in my years on this site.
    And I LOVED IT.

Second Happiness is a sandbox game written in broken engrish or proper russian (at leastI assume) that tells a story seen a thousand times already in a moltitude of different games.
    Than why and how can I love this google translate incest erotica?
    Because it was CONSISTENT.
    From beginning to end our MC only care about fucking and fucking alone and that's what he does, every single female member that can be interacted with can and hopefully will be fucked.
    The other characters are built on a slutty-compliant axis and have very little to them apart from how likely they are to fuck MC by him simply asking.

I had to install a mod, restart the game 4 times and went trough the hint sistem and walktrough several times just to finish it, spent god knows how many hours on this and I don't regret it one bit.

After all the struggle this games gives you, reaching the game over fills you with a warm feeling that you would not expect from a game of this genre and yet you can't help but to feel as if a small chapter of your life have reached its end and has made you grow as a person.

In the end, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and to me the 100 flaws of Second Happyness are what made this game so memorable...that and the
    wonderful animations.

TLTR: Broken game with best mommy and dumbest MC, will never play again 10/10
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Fox0077

The best sandbox game, of course it's old, but as they say, the old horse does not spoil the furrows. But most of all I want to see a remake of this masterpiece in the future. Thanks to the developer that he put all his efforts and brought the game to the maximum. I am waiting for further developments)
  7. 2.00 star(s)

oakwood

When I saw the gameplay visuals on the site, I thought "wow, it's not bad at all". But as soon as I started the game, the terrible interface was the first and most effective slap in the face.
    There is no concept of time in the game. It is very difficult to understand whether it is day or night, and how time advances. Cant say much about the story since i couldnt able to keep playing till the end. Artificiality of the characters figures created a great disappointment on me so i can say that art is neighter good nor bad...
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Leon26091

very bad in english, the translation was so all over the place it made it unplayable seemed like some weird acid trip with a person who could barely come up with complete sentences and on top of that it jumped from scene to scene without any direction completely weird and not at all an interesting story
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Hirshum23

super grindy and english a little off. Spent 8 hrs and still haven't reach a sex scene. Only seen naked boobs and pussy this entire time. Probably going to quit and undownload. Story is pretty bad thus far as well. Game may be better with the mod, cause as of now the games biggest problem is how grindy it is.
  10. 1.00 star(s)

Angelray

First let me say: which game is in 4/3 format these days? at least use common 16/9 resolution for modern screen.

If that was the only issue it would still be a good game.

But then what about the art direction? it's awful. The background are ugly and yet again it may not be the most important thing but add this to the models of girls which are quite ... not good looking.

It's not that the girls are not good looking. They are. But the models themselves are coloration, textures problems.

It looks really bad and do not invite the player to play.

Finally the animation? what are those? are we back in the late 90's?

I'd advise not to play this and use the time elsewhere.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Eu sou o BATMAN

I had a love-hate relationship with this game. The dialogues are good, the characters are great, especially Shantrel haha. she must have been the reason most people played this game! What this game lacks most is the progression and the grind. I've lost count of how many times I've gotten lost in the game not knowing what to do even though I have an in-game walkthrough. the problem is that it is outdated, many details are not mentioned in the walkthrough so you can progress with most characters. If you are going to play this game, do yourself a favor and download the mod that shows the hidden buttons in the game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

pazival

This is a really good sandox game, I love it and played few days. I like the multiple ending set up. It will be even better if there are more harem endings. And we need collection mod!
    maybe the only bad point is the time cost during the game.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

After "playing" (meaning collecting events and unlockables) like a motherfucker for 2 days, i found myself in the end of all the exclusive content of 2 characters.
    For my surprise, despite the decent animations, some scenes are way too simple. I decided to stop playing for one reason:

After completing 50 "cards" couldnt find nothing worth from Lala. There is some decent with Lora considering amount and quality, but Lala is just there, and for some reason she only has anal. There is a threesoe at some point, absolutely dissapointing, after 20 hours of grinding, the best option this game offers is Shantrel, which has more than everyone combined, or go with Angie, who is basically a prostitute: you pay her and you have scenes without much compromise.

There is way too much "sleep sex" (meaning sexual abuse), and even when they are awake, they are always and somehow unwilling. Its way too much effort to get one full scene. And text from scenes is not synbced qith the animations, you need to skip the dialogue manually to adjust. Many times the narrator is telling you something that hasnt happened, and sometimes it already happened 2 times cause the scenes is looped.
    It is enjoyable if you are planning on spending 2 hyears playin it, cause playing more than 2 hours straight is hazardous.

It is just unbearable. I dont have any strength left to keep playing, despite some good,and almost plot disconected scenes.
  14. V
    5.00 star(s)

VitaminD

Some quests are such a mind-fuck even with cheat mode on. But! BUT! Shantrel(what a weird name, lol) is the best "mommy" in all incest or stepcest games out there! So she alone for me redeems most of the grind. It's just too bad that her arc isn't properly ended. Game lacks any good ending in general. Seems like author didn't had an ending in mind and just got tired of developing it. Still, I will remember Shantrel for a long time.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Axilaa

Like the game, doesnt tell you what to do, the walkthrough doesnt make sense, nothing makes sense, the graphics and stuff are well, but the concept needs a little bit of change i think, like more of a guide is needed
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Jack Hanma

OK OK the grind is awful a guarantee of blue balls, but man those models are amazing Shantel and Laura Damn man, so in short if you have time and patience to read the walkthrough and tips go ahead man (of course I can't forgot Moira its a shame that she don't have more scenes)
  17. 5.00 star(s)

akirome

One of the best games ever ... just don't play it without walkthrough, specially as the beginning.
    A lot of teasing, slow burn development (that is worth a while) with a ton of great sex scenes. It's easy to give up on this game because tasks are really difficult but remember, just use walkthrough until you figure out how this game works ... it's more that worth it and you will "squeeze you little snake" for hours and hours and you will still not complete half of the game ;)
  18. 2.00 star(s)

elm0

review based on 3.4 version.
    pro:
    - CG not so worst, i can remember much worstest
    - lot of content
    cons:
    - CG . many other games have much better
    - grinding... no, i mean OVERGRINDING. its mean not money- u must repeat huge amount times some ur actions to reach adavancing char story
    - playthrough- even with ig hints u 100% ll stuck without reading code.
    - again CG- looks like game developed by bunch different people, check icons on map- my eyes bleeding...
    - code... huge mess. looks like game was ported from QSP/RAGS- some parts of code hard to understand logicaly. some labels/variables have errors like "wannna" etc.
    - translation... if u can normaly read russian- then play on russian lang, cuz in taste- eng lang almost unplayable. i played on russian, and that was terrible- too many russian slang.

conclusion: be ready to lost 20-40 hours of ur life if u dnt read code and use console to discover 80-90% content, othervise, with reading code to discover near 90% content u ll spend near 10-12 hours...
  19. 5.00 star(s)

rony123

Loved this game there is plenty of content. animation is also good but there are few problems too like you are unable to proceed forward few times because you don't know what to do next and which requires walkthrough which is not updated but you can also use mod because it makes hotspot visible to us makes game easy to play . Hopefully creator will solve these problems in future
  20. 4.00 star(s)

Zal

This one of the games that i follow religiously. It´s a great game, with an intricated plot, filled with several ongoing storys and goals for each character. Despite of now and then it can be a bit of grindy, i overall like the game and i can see it´s evolution, version after version. Thanks to the developer and keep it up!