Ren'Py - Completed - Second Happiness [v3.4] [Vnorth]

1. 2.00 star(s)

jonrage39

Geez, I really want to like this game. I like the design and variety of the girls, and the animations are well above average. The renders are great, but low resolution. While there isn't much of a storyline, the writing is good enough to keep you engaged. But man, the grind is ridiculous. I'm not opposed to a little grind in a game, but this is way too much. The individual scenes that you do unlock aren't substantial enough to really get off to, which wouldn't be an issue if you could just continue playing to get to another scene. Unfortunately, the grind is so convoluted it takes forever to get to the next short scene. I've been playing this a little bit here and there and I've just barely started unlocking scenes with the mother, with only slight progress with the sisters and teacher.

This game desperately needs to be better balanced, but unfortunately, I think it's probably too far along in it's development to make the substantial changes it needs. Unless you have several-hour chunks of time to devote to this, I don't currently think it's worth the time for fapping.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

hunghungday

It very suck game because it very hard to play. And posted walkthough is like the pain of my ass. It version 1.9 now and walkthough is still 1.2. Too hard to play. This developer try to bore people to dead by playing the same thing to many times
  3. 1.00 star(s)

lewdmachine

Too entangled, the mechanics of the game are poor and as many have already said, you have to guess what you have to do. The art is decent but i cant see anything if i can reach it! Well, that´s all i guess, bad playmode.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

PokeIssau

The game is unplayable without a guide/walkthrough, without it you have to guess things and take action over and over again until "something" comes out. It has a wird system in that the interaction with the characters leaves you crazy, LITERALLY you have to guess what to do (and when) and that's impossible, I can't qualify everything else because it's so hard to see the game without being able to move forward.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Tutti Frutti

good study of story and operation. Hidden spots are well thought out. also renderers and animations are also good. it's not like a straight story. Every move you make will affect the results. producer successful.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

Catwashere

I just could not get into this one, i'll try again someday and maybe change the rating but the gameplay and art are not my thing. The game still gets 3 stars because nothing wrong with the game just personal taste.

Art 6/10
    Story 7/10
    Characters 8/10
    Sex 6.5/10
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Frank01

This game requires a meticulously perfect playthrough in order to see all content. If you do anything out of order you're condemned to a hell of an endless loop of grinding without purpose and without a clue as to why you're stuck, or that you are stuck at all. There are hidden hotspots that are required to click, which don't highlight when you mouse over them, or give you any indication at all that they are there. 0/10. Avoid.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Bob Barker666

Grindy but worth it. Not sure how anyone could get through it without cheats though. I would suggest the developer either ditch the random events or have more progress occur per success. (Also, requiring multiple successes without feedback of any sort of progress is a touch frustrating.)

Also needs a full gallery of unlocked scenes eventually added. There are check boxes for completed items but I see no way to replay the scene for it.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Kuniyoshi

Pretty girls in kinky situations! Progression is well moderated and content is high. The only negative is that the English translation still needs some work, but it's easily forgiven when story progression kicks in!
  10. 2.00 star(s)

pystudios

Animation definitely gets 5 stars as one of the best I've ever scene although it's not in the 16/9 ratio standard that most games and just about all media is today.

The stories aren't bad they just recycle endlessly to the point of wishing the grind fest would end. You have to do everything in order then repeat, do this, then that to see a small scene, redo do a different way to see a different scene, even if you do everything right there are random events thrown in to make you have to repeat everything the following week even though you saved just before.

It's just not worth it! For that I deem it not worth the time and effort to play this game unless there's nothing else left for you to do with your life but waste hours and hours for a few short scenes. The dev even went so far as to write in a cheat detector to try and stop you from skipping all the terrible grind fest.

If there was a better mod or a way to cut out all the damn confusing meaningless grinding without triggering the dev cheat detector it might become a decent game but as it stands now it's awful and only getting 2 stars from me because of the animation.
  11. 3.00 star(s)

whotheff

Very similar to HHS without the school managing. Almost good graphics, terrible, terrible Rus->English translation, very very grindy. the only otiginal thing is the volleyball mini-game. Although it is as old as computers are.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

PowerZ

Interesting game, sexy models,lots to do, top notch animation, and a decent world to root around in. Very well done. Unique game stands on it's own especially compared to the sea of similar games out there.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v0.9...

Originally Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Ok, I've played this game/visual novel for around 7 hours straight... I determined that this has got to be one of the most grindy games I've ever played, erotic or otherwise...

The visuals are fairly good, and the backdrops are fine as well... The UI is decent for the mechanics of the game... I can see a lot of work has done on the visuals/animations/hidden clickies, even though you will see repeats of these visuals over and over and over again with only slight variations once you've done a lot of grinding and repeating of scenes...

The script is not bad, although I did run across some grammar errors every so often, but for as much text as the game has, it's not bad... The story is an interesting one, not as creative as some, but still enough of a variance on the same theme to make it appear a little more unique from the rest... You will be space baring through a lot of repeated text as you repeat events A LOT, to eventually open up more story... But beware, as you progress, a scene/event may alter slightly depending if you finally achieved the proper stats and done all the right things in the right order... You even have to purposefully repeat certain choices to also unlock content and actually move the story along...

As to the grind, I decided early on after reading up a little about this game/vn before playing it, and found that if you choose not to use a walkthrough, and just explore and repeat the content at your leisure, it would most likely take 2 to 3 times longer, or worse, to open up something new... And when you do open up something new, it isn't much... This game keeps teasing you with tiny bits of content as you go through it... And you will see some of the content so many times it will make your eyeballs explode and you may even go through a keyboard or two as you wear out your spacebar (just kidding on the keyboard, although it feels like it)...

After 7 hours, using the walkthrough, I got nearly all the way through page 5 of the walkthrough out of 45 pages... And that is with the walkthrough... BTW, the author's actually warn you that they've booby-trapped the game from cheating in stats... So skipping the grind, if we believe the warning, by cheating will not only end the game but also scramble the save games... Now, i can understand the author's wanting you to experience their game, but when the experience is boring, repetitive, mind numbing, and tedious, how do you expect the majority of readers to finish your game and have fun doing it, without going out of their minds? Or at least cheating a little bit just to get the thing moving...

I really really really tried to give this game a chance... But as time went on, i actually started to get a headache, yes the game was causing me physical pain... All because it was taking an eternity to get to tiny itty bitty pieces of new content over a slow sludge of space baring (not too fast in case something new finally appeared) and seeing the same things over and over and over...

Some folks may find grinding games to be a bundle of joy, but I can tell you right now, a majority of folks do not... A smidgen of grind is fine, but not an epic crap ton... Now don't get me wrong, based off what I saw in the walkthrough, there is lots of content to see, yet it comes so crazy slow, and with repeating prior content so many times, you wish it would just get it over with, or makes you just want to delete it and go onto something better... I was very disappointed, because I would have loved to see all the content, but I just can not handle the repeating content any longer... I'm sorry...

I think this game was showing promise, and I was entertained by the story I did get through, when I finally got through it... But I don't want to spend weeks or more playing a game where you feel like you're playing the same content a million times just to see the whole thing in small parts... Anyhow, I would just like to finish with saying I felt like the game was developing as a simple love story of sorts, but just be warned there is a massive grind to experience a story that could have been much easier to get through, in a fraction of the time, and still not have been a rush, if only that's how this game worked...

Will I revisit this one? I want to but I just can't torture myself with the INSANE grind this VN/Game has... I've played lots of grind based VN/Games, but this one has been the worst, seeing stuff repeat so many darn times, just to get a tiny tease of more content, before back to the very long repetitive grind again... Best of luck to the developers...
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Darkaura

Hidden buttons. That's not gameplay. That's a bad dev. The perfect game to Unren and just view the art. And don't even get me started on the "Volleyball/Pong game being BS."

A for Art on the renders and animations.
    A for Project Management regular timely releases
    B for a Story, that look like it would be fun to play out, if not for the unholy grind of looking for hidden buttons.
    F for an ungodly number of hidden, story halting, buttons and one grindingly bad mini-game.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

jora

In my opinion, this is the best game in the style of its genre! There are many flaws in the rationalization of the game, I hope the author will fix it in the near future ..)) I would like to see in the following versions: more dynamics and extreme, the development of as much action as possible in terms of fetish, new characters and the same keen and lethal humor!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

NTR Lover 69

It's a great game without any doubt. Best character definitely goes to Shantrel. THE best in artwork and storyline as well. Though there is much grinding but the scenes make up for it. Kudos to the developers.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

ede22

I apologize for English knowledge..
    incredible what the makers got out of the engine, the imagination fascinated me!
    the graphic work excels all my appreciation for the team
    I hope the game will be successful and it will continue for a long time
    marketing deserves it, I wish you great success
    and for further resumption
  18. 5.00 star(s)

nokanaSi

character behavior can be logically explained, interesting background story with humor. positive, light relations between characters. nice scenes(shots composition and montage). little by little, step by step corruption oriented grind.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

dutchpete

The graphics are original and not like something you see in a lot of other games. Achievements are sometimes hard to unlock so no boredom there. Quests are linear but the game is not so you can focus on one charcter at a time or play all possibilities simultaneously. Many hours of playing await you. BONUS: There is humor!
    And did I mention lots of nice animations ?
    This is by far my favorite game and well worth becoming a Patron.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

idocatrudiaris

The game is complex is not linear and opens and likes. Maybe in the future there will be sex scenes between MC and Chantrelle in the kitchen, club, park, after the time of history. And in the living room. Spicy sex, made fast not to catch them but sex with all possible options. But it remains as structured with options that may or may not lead to those scenes I like in this game. The club club can be better developed, has the potential. A shopping shop would be good and diversifying MC's sex scenes with his sisters. More wardrobe and the opportunity to give and receive gifts