Others - Secret Care Cafe [v0.8.37 Patreon] [Rare Alex]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Meaning Less

Pretty solid game so far 0.7.3.

The management aspects of it are fun and balanced already, it never feels too easy or too hard, you are always entertained with the minigames and the more you play the more options you start to unlock which also are nice motivators to grind more.

Prostitution mechanics are well implemented and the slow burns helps reinforce them.

Although the game is unfinished it already offers several hours of engaging gameplay and I look forward to seeing were it will end.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

KetsuekiSaiko

Weekly Updates, good content and a lot to look forward to.

Glad i found that unpolished gem and look forward to it being polished.

Normaly, i am not into NTR stuff, but after i looked into it, it's 1 scene where the mc's GF goes with some Sports Guys and "falling" for them. But in the core, she is loyal to the MC and just has fun "swinging" since she is allowed to. Basically a "hotwife"
  3. 3.00 star(s)

popabear

Secret Care Cafe [v0.7.2 Public] review

What it is:
    A mix between point-and-click timed management game, dating sim and a VN.
    Positives:
    + Unique concept
    + Actually a decently enjoyable gameplay loop
    + Fun characters

Negatives:
    - Grindy. Money comes in soooo slowly. I lost interest before unlocking everything. In the end the normal gameplay just felt like work. Also the stat points take forever to increase. If the time to play through this game was cut to 1/3, I would rate this game higher.
    - Confusing progression. Some events are triggered automatically, other events I need to find in the "talk to" menu. Other events are random. I don't feel a lot of player agency in this, I'm just along for the ride. I spent a lot of time going through the gallery hints to ulock new events and that kind of gameplay isn't fun to me.
    - So many different stats to increase. I got very confused.
    - Main focus is swinging content. Not my cup of tea really.

All in all this is decently enjoyable because of the interesting main gameplay loop, but I feel the lewds were a bit lacking and/or confusing to unlock.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TheDistorted

Nice game, decent gameplay, love the balance between netorase and harem.
    The backroom looks interesting but I hope there will be some help on automating the maids, looks like the gameplay will become more complex in the future.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ryuahr123

Good game, nice and interesting story. graphic ++ / Dev work hard on game and is active. really like SCC and will wait for more to play! ^^

ps. Cookie is my fav girl, hope for more content for her c;
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Voilsh

A very good game, I recommend it.
    (Warning, I eased up the grind after a while to accelerate the game, but I didn't at the start)

Pro
    - Some of the best koikatsu renders I've seen so far, mostly because the characters are well made, and the lighting/pose taste is pretty good. It shows that just because people use Koikatsu or Honey Select engine, doesn't mean the result would look meh.

- The characters are well developed, and the way they interact makes sense. So, good writing for a hentai game.

- I'm not the biggest fan of netorase (I prefer netorare), even less swinging, but the scenes are hot to follow, and I love seeing girls gradually being lewder and lewder.

Con
    - It goes way too fast from being a tease, then suddenly giving blowjobs... and it's also uneven, as some parts can be pushed to levels where the girls is banged, where in others the girl is just there doing teasing or being cute. I think a good way to avoid that is to tie all the level ups between each others, so that you have to get everything to level n before going to level n+1. And also maybe link it more to the story, to avoid inconsistencies, like the girl being shy in a story scene before giving a blowjob the day after in the café. Maybe allow the obvious sexual stuff only later in the story.

- I didn't like the fact that you needed to buy an object to enable the netorase/swinging content, I'd have prefered a switch in the option, especially as it's not obvious I needed it for anything being actually lewd in the café past certain levels of the girls.

- It overall has nice content, but I feel like it needs 10 times the content for the grind to be enjoyable, because then you'd see various stuff going on while serving customers, as the most erotic stuff to me is when you use the special abilities of the girls in the café.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Interracial UglyB NTR Fan

As everyone has already stated the grind is huge in this game but it goes from a 2 to a 4 if you use cheatengine or edit your saves, both of which are very easy to do with this game

content is decent still has a ways to go if you prefer to wait for a full game this isn't quite there yet

visuals and animation are good, musics not bad, could do with more story but there are snippets and seems as though more is on the way
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Koumi

Even if it's a koikatsu clone, great idle animations (I love how the skirt flutters on everyone, especially cookie), interactions and gameplay is quite decent too. Sex scenes might need a boost tho, since they're somewhat lacking
  9. 5.00 star(s)

dorsalkeyboard

Few games do a combination of lewd content and gameplay as well as this game. One of my personal favorites on the site, with one of the most consistent release schedules as well. Well worth a patreon subscribe, and I am so excited to see all the designer can accomplish.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Parasativa

suprisingly fun gameplay that really doesn't get old and is neither super difficult nor easy
    sex scenes are usually short and far between and dont have very good pacing - your girlfriend will go from having one h scene with you to being gangbanged by 3 guys out of nowhere
    all ntr is optional which is good
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Requiem131

Secret Care Cafe has an interesting starting point: to manage your cafe and your girls. But as a management game, it lacks either the depth or the speed to actually make it compelling in either way. The girls are all too generic and uninteresting, and so is the story as far as I've gone, making me have no real reason to keep on playing and advancing.

Art is not great either, nor in design nor in execution. Same goes with sound, which doesn't have much more than a few sounds and a generic-sounding song. At least it didn't have any bugs during the time I played.

So, all in all, I can't really recommend SCC.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Tsuyoi

Great game that's a balance of NSFW and cafe management. Decent amount of content, though a bit grind-y for now. Heavy on Netorare/netori content, which can be disabled but would remove a large portion of the games NSFW portions. Frequent updates, can't wait to see what else author adds.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Klereb

As title says this game is about a cafe were girls take care of customer, NTR can be turned ON or OFF, so if you don't like it, it's not a problem but you lose some scenes.

About Grinding.
    I suggest you to read tutorial, for example to improve money income you have to use the skills when customer have already ordered a lot, so you can reduce the grinding; there is a grinding but it not so much.
    I suggest to add more in-game scenes or animation during game play to add some variables.

The scenes are good and this game is in constant evolution, with weekly updated so it is improving and expanding week after week
  14. 2.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

I'm morbidly impressed at how this game can have such a sexy concept, but such absurdly boring gameplay. I love the game concept of a sexy, slutty maid cafe, but this game completely misses the mark when it comes to what you actually do. You're not the cafe manager, where you might tell the maids who to entertain, manage their mood/exhaustion, or train their skills and lewdness. You're the bartender, dragging and dropping food, drink and maids onto the desirous customers. It's like the game intentionally took the most tedious and uninteresting aspects of a sexy maid cafe and focused almost exclusively on them.

There are lewd scenes in the game and they're pretty good, but the amount of grind required to unlock them is just ridiculous, especially with such boring gameplay. I'm a big fan of voyeurism and exhibitionism, so this game is right up my alley, but even I can't recommend this game. This game could have been so good if the gameplay wasn't so terribly boring.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

dim1138

Slow, boring, tedious progress for no real reward. Can't possibly see why this game keeps popping up or why it's so highly rated. Tried it after seeing it on top games frequently, but this needs a lot of work before it can be described as engaging on a gameplay level or rewarding in any other way.
  16. 2.00 star(s)

ara1111

Grindy. Without much to see.

Basic gameplay loop feels like a phone game. Not a good one. You drag a chick to the doorway, wait for dick cheeze and his pals to walk in. Drag chick on dickcheese and pals.
    That's all you can do for a while, because all the upgrades cost too fucking much, of like 5 different resources. The best way to get 90% of these resources is to just buy them. So they just feel like cash with a dozen extra menus and steps. Tedious. And your food items are also very expensive.

You grind through the days to either talk to an singular girl for mostly the exact same static image of them doing nothing.
    And in the hopes of scenes at the end of days. Scenes you can't repeat, even with the gallery, since the gallery has no dialogue, so you just get the background of the scene. See a hot scene after 5 days of absolute tedium and a boring waiting minigame that manages to be both too slow paced and too fast at the same time? Better hope you saved yesterday. Because its done now, seen. It will never happen again.

Now let's talk about the 'swinging'. Did you know, in the saves for this game, that statistic is called 'ntr'. Explicitly. And it, for one girl, really feels like NTR more than swinging. Because you can't date her. She just has 1 and done random scenes. But she can date a customer repeatedly. He ntr's you. On top of that, the mc is dating the blonde girl. She lifts her skirt and lets a guy grope her BEFORE you give her the NTR pin. She's already trying to cuck you and will happily continue to do so. Too happily.
    Just a warning for the kind of weirdo who likes swining but not NTR.
    On top of this, you seem unable to both be able to fuck the girls yourself from the menu and do NTR. Like they're seperate routes. If its swinging, those would be the same route. For you to lose access to a chick because of another guy's dick is more slick? That's NTR.

There really isn't much sex in the game in general. One girl can't date you OR customers. Only the blonde one has a full set of options. And she herself doesn't really fuck much.

What the game DOES have is quite a lot of singular screenshots taken in koikatsu of a vaguely lewd animation. That only sometimes plays even if your whore has maxed lewd stats and you explicitly use the command to make her go be a whore.
    Like, I can't get the blondey to do any of this shit at all anymore, she just does her purest, level 1 'remove table' move every time, to all clients, despite jumping into dick and muff happily before. No reason. Just stopped working.

These animations are, however, tied to 'abilities'. Which you can only use x times per day. And getting more uses is insanely expensive and drawn out (ie flirt goes up to like 2 uses a day from 1... at level 7) . So if you use all of them up without any hot scenes, you may as well just skip the day. Except you have to get money to buy more food and shit. Also skipping days costs 2k or so for an item before you can actually do.

The gameplay loop is functional but its... so fucking boring. The days go so slow, but customers, baseline, will sometimes just rush in like 5-6 at once. You only have 3 girls. You don't even start with the ability to remove them, so if this happens too early, you are just fucked. And even later, its on an X per day ability. A cheat mode to remove the limits of these abilities would probably make it a much hotter game. But there's no such option. Skip day. Hope its less shit the next day.

There are also 'boss' clients. I don't really get the point of them. Like some chick who has you mash m1 at a brisk pace when you send a chick to her AND locks the girl to her. Why can't I use any of my abilities? Why can't I tell her to fuck off? There's no real reason. And no challenge. She just means I can't use any of the abilities the game's based around grinding for.

So I wouldn't really rec this for its core gameplay, its characters (the girls barely have any personality), the swinging (its not swinging; its ntr), the ntr (there aren't many scenes outside of rng and limited per day single screenshots - also you have to buy the ability for girls to be slutty enough to fuck others), they lovey dovey mc route (mc is the flattest character in the game and his scenes are largely one and done things you need a save before to properly replay) , the sex (koitatsu sex is flat to begin with, this more so), anything.

Its a tedious grind for basically no payoff that honestly seems mistagged.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

JackFateRipperNight

The Concept is good. But there just isn't much there yet. You just grind all the time, to make very little progress. The amount you make per day is also purposely misleading. Since you have to blow it all away buying coffee and what not. The few H-scenes are decent I guess but there is just so little of them. Its really not very good. I recommend getting a full save every release, looking at the CGs and that's it. Until the Dev puts a decent amount of events and animations in it.
    Its hours in between H events. You don't even see much in terms of "teasing" which I expected a lot of in the early game but its really only like one or two CGs.
    Really not good.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

One word: GRIND. The core game by itself works quite well, but as soon as the shop closes and the focus switches to progression with the girls, the game starts to mess it up very much.
    You are only able to progess with ONE girl a time per evening. Purchasing items that are out of stock is also annoying (yet not unrealistic), because restocking is very expensive (= slow).
    The render quality is quite nice, though, BUT the engine/ controls are bad- no rolling back, no quick access to the menu, the performance isn't that good either.
    I doubt this game is able to improve much, due to the things I've mentioned before, so:
    Thumbs down, no recommendation.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

DrDerpington

TL;DR = way too much grind for a little content.

Story: 3/5
    - You open a cafe. You will get closer to your employees. Each girl has some backstory and some lewd events. Some girls are more interesting than others. At this point thats all. Nothing special, it's average at best.

Art: 5/5
    + Girls are cute.
    + Lewd scenes are usually hot.
    - Unfortunately there isnt much content at this point. Author decided to mask low amount of content by hiding each event behind a lot of grind. It will get frustrating very fast.

Gameplay: 0/5
    + On the bright side english is decent.
    - As for negatives: This game is pretty much the mouse click trainer game. 95% of your game time you will spend by fulfilling requests by doing "Drag and Drop" mouse movement or by waiting for new requests to pop-up. It will get boring very fast.
    - Unfortunately each event with girls is hidden behind a lot of grind. For example: during first 3 hours of gameplay I only managed to see 2 blowjob events and one short panty flash event. It's BORING. Bear in mind that one of the girls is already your girlfriend, therefore a lack of content feels unnatural.
    - Another super annoying thing about the game is that you have to do everything manually:
    When customer enters the shop and you have only 1 free waitress: she wont get auto-assigned, you have to assign her manually.
    When a customer wants coffee then you have to Drag&Drop the drink on the customer (these waitresses cant do anything on their own!!).
    When you unlock a skill for waitress: she will be unable to use it on her own, once again you have to Drag&Drop skill icon for her to use it every single time.
    After every single work day you have to restock your supplies manually (you cant set some auto-resupply of certain amount of coffee).
    - There is so much micromanagement that it is no longer fun.
    - Also a lot of game mechanics are doing nothing and they only serve as teaser. For example: you can buy an item in a shop, that promises that the waitress can "have fun" with customers in her free time (NTR warning). Problem? It does almost nothing, because majority of events with customers are not implemented at this point.

To sum it up:
    This game has too much grind and too low amount of lewd content.
    If author reduces the level of micromanagement and increases the number of (lewd) events, then this game might be interesting in future. But at this point its not worth playing.
    On the other hand, if you are a Simp and you enjoy slaving away for hours for a little reward, then this game might be your thing.
  20. 1.00 star(s)

i_probably_shouldnt

This game sucks. Dont play it. Srsly. Grind into the heaven. Only a few cgs which most suck. wish i had unlocked the cgs earlier. Would have saved me much time. The girls are hot. Thats about it. Not worth playing until dev does a complete overhaul of the system and story and so on in my opinion. To bad it has 5 stars. It deserves not more than two. Cause then i would not have played it. Probably still a lot of work but sry, not good.