VN - Ren'Py - Secret of the Island [v0.02.07.01] [Chaste Degenerate]

1. 2.00 star(s)

karlosos

I just played v0-02-06.
    There is not much to this game yet, but it has lots of potential.
    A game like this, there can be lots of wierdo's and pervets visting the island
    to make it fun, just like in the series.
    I am glad the developer has said he is improving the looks of the characters.
    I personally find that Ginger still looks a bit "off".
    There still needs to be work to make Ginger more attractive. More lip pout, lipstick, softer features, (sometimes she looked even a bit masculine ) and long eyelashes, so she really looks like a sexy female movie star from the 1960's.
    Mary-Anne is ok, but I think an effort should be made to make her face look even more innocent and sweeter than it is now.
    In this game Mrs Howell is not attractive at all.
    In the original series she wasnt too bad looking for some-one her age.
    It would be better for this game if she was an attractive MILF.
    Just 2 stars for now, until there is more content added, and maybe improvements.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Jaango

Secret of the island v0.02.06

This one is good really good. Parody of a TV show. Well I didn't watched the show yet so the story is fresh for me even though it's a parody. Renders and models are decent. There is some sound effects. Yep humor is the main factor. Well I checked about the show and dev really did a good part for creating models almost similar to the cast of the show. It's a slowburn I'm completely ok with it take it slow I'm here for the humor part. Gameplay is short

Overall it's a good game worth playing. This one deserves more attention. Keep up the good work dev. Looking forward to next updates

:coffee:
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Jawanaut

Love this! Loved the concept and the added twist. It fits the original story so well... Why did they never get off that damn island? Now we'll know. I will follow this, eagerly awaiting additions and updates. Let's see how far this experiment will go! 5 stars easy!!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

oh45

[Based on "Pilot Episode"; updated to v0.02.07.01]

So far we have just the premise behind the game as an explanation given to Gilligan -- no real indication yet of the way the game itself will end up in play style or any "mature action". Wait for an update if you're looking for anything beyond an intro.

The developer has done a pretty credible job of matching the look of the sitcom's actors, although in my opinion, Ginger isn't quite up to the level of the others. The preferences fails to have any way to control the volume of the starting voice-over other than fully muting it. (Pushing the Sound Volume control all the way to zero for example does nothing to it.) I'd suggest having captions for the start, or at least an option to enable such. Minor issues are that the text lines over-use quotation marks and there are a few typos.

[v0.02.06 update]
    No save files carry over from the first (pilot) episode, but restarting doesn't take very much extra time.

With this episode, we begin the game proper with an actual choice to make. (Pay attention to what the Professor said in his explanation.) In it, Gilligan initiates suggestions for both Mary Ann and Ginger and only those two. There still isn't any real added lewdness yet, except for some "off camera" Howell action. There are stats maintained for Gilligan's improvements/losses in coordination and morality, as well as separate stats for Mary Ann and Ginger's lust, trust, and hypnosis levels.

One bug is that the image/text displayed for Gilligan's morality gain and loss is duplicated, with both displayed as a loss. It would also be nice to provide a way to display the current stat values in the UI. There are a few (but not too many to be annoying) typos in the text.

[v0.02.07.01 update]
    Very little additional in this update -- basically just a fetch task given to Gilligan by Mrs. Howell. The morality notice bug mentioned above still hasn't been fixed. Moreover, we are told repeatedly that we've reached the end, even though it's not the ending (well not until the final one): The first after the intro, the second after episode 6, and the last after episode 7.

Rating 4 stars at this point reflects my hopes that the developer keeps working on this game and that the quality doesn't drop.