Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py Completed Secret Summer - Cheat/Walkthrough/Gallery Mod [v1.0Epilogue] [KoGa3]

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Secret Summer - Mod Banner.jpg

Overview:
This Mod adds an info screen with the game points and cheating functions to the game.
Also I integrated the walkthrough/gallery Mod v0.9 from OscarSix, too.
Since v0.10 I'll add the wt and gallery entries myself.
New since v0.8: walkthrough+ (you get ingame hints on branching points)

July 2, 2022
I've updated my Mod for the final game version v1.0beta

=====================================
July 11, 2022
SuperWriter made an epilogue to the game endings.
But he had to do an own game because of steam terms.

I've tried to re-integrate it into the base game again,
the epilogue starts right after the endings and your
previous made choices do also matter there.

Updated: 2022-07-11
Game/Creator: Secret Summer / SuperWriter - -
Modder
: KoGa3 F95zone / /
Mod Version: v1.0Epilogue
Game Version: v1.0BETA
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

July 11, 2022:
New Mod with integrated epilogue for the main game

Download Mod v1.0Epilogue (~24MB)
-

Game v1.0beta + Epilogue slightly compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0Epilogue (~680MB)
-

Android port from the game v1.0beta + Epilogue compr.
with integrated Mod v1.0Epilogue (~680MB)
-

Old Mods without the epilogue:

Mod with integrated walkthrough/gallery Mod
from OscarSix (until v0.9, since v0.10 from me)

Download Mod v1.0betaWT (~4MB)
-

Game v1.0beta slightly compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0betaWT (~672MB)
-

Android port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v1.0betaWT (~672MB)
-
Some ingame pics of my Mod (attention, spoiler content):
SecretSummer_01.jpg SecretSummer_02.jpg SecretSummer_03.jpg SecretSummer_04.jpg SecretSummer_05.jpg SecretSummer_06.jpg SecretSummer_07.jpg SecretSummer_08.jpg

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
If u added walkthrough then it would be perfect ;)
There is already a walkthrough Mod for the game, but it has not been updated yet to v0.7. When it''s released, I''ll try a patch so that you can use both Mods at the same time. After a quick look at it, it should be feasible.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
There already seems to be an unofficial walkthrough Mod update, you can find it here. Of course I immediately tried to integrate that into my Mod. Here is my first attempt:

Download Mod v0.7aWT (<1MB):
Workupload (removed outdated link / KoGa3)

Installation instructions:
Install the walkthrough Mod from OscarSix from the link above first, then install my Mod v0.7aWT

Ingame pics of the new Mod:
SecretSummer_WT_01.jpg SecretSummer_WT_02.jpg

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
I made a new test version (v0.7bWT) of my Mod with the integrated unofficial walkthrough Mod. As with my normal one, I have unfortunately forgotten to integrate the Norah points - sorry for that. I also have briefly checked the walkthrough now and adjusted a few of the hints there:

- in game update 4 I added a missing "Leanne Path" ("piggyback ride")
- in game Update 6 I have changed an "Irene Path" ("Tell him off" instead "Kiss Irene")
- in Update 7 I changed some green markers to "Path" indications

I also already included the unofficial walkthrough Mod into my download file. So you don't need to download/install that before my Mod for now. But I will probably remove it again when the official one is released.

Download Mod v0.7bWT (~1MB):
Workupload (removed outdated link / KoGa3)

Ingame pics of the new Mod:
SecretSummer_WT_01.jpg SecretSummer_WT_02.jpg

Last edited:

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
Well, I was actually working earlier today on a merge of both mods in a new branch of my github :LOL: I'm actually still working on trying to make you mod a tad simpler to maintain (notably regarding the list of choices you can change retroactively, but I'm trying to do the same for the RP screen). Would you be against something like that being pushed to my github fork of OscarSix's mod ?

Edit: OK, I was able to rework your code to avoid repetition and make it much simpler to add new choices or (if ever useful) new character relationship points. You can look at it at if it's of any interest to you. I'd be happy if we could use the collaborative nature of git to work together on the mod, but if you or O6 are not fond of the idea, it's no big deal, I've had my fun ;) If on the other hand you think it's a good idea, I'll send a pull request to O6 to integrate all of this into his mod !

Last edited:

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, I was actually working earlier today on a merge of both mods in a new branch of my github :LOL: I'm actually still working on trying to make you mod a tad simpler to maintain (notably regarding the list of choices you can change retroactively, but I'm trying to do the same for the RP screen). Would you be against something like that being pushed to my github fork of OscarSix's mod ?

Edit: OK, I was able to rework your code to avoid repetition and make it much simpler to add new choices or (if ever useful) new character relationship points. You can look at it at if it's of any interest to you. I'd be happy if we could use the collaborative nature of git to work together on the mod, but if you or O6 are not fond of the idea, it's no big deal, I've had my fun ;) If on the other hand you think it's a good idea, I'll send a pull request to O6 to integrate all of this into his mod !
Sorry, only saw this now. Right away: of course everyone can use my Mod code and make everything for himself from it, what he wants. Otherwise I would be pretty wrong to post it here on F95... And in principle I do nothing else with my Mod "creations" when tinkering with the code of the devs.

But there are some reasons why I'm rather skeptical to do this as an open project:

- Actually I went already a bit too far with my implementation of Oscar's walkthrough into my Mod. I have taken his code 1:1 (okay, with small changes) and built into my Mod. I actually wanted to avoid something like that. After all, it is his code, he has put his hard work into it. I will therefore remove it from my code again as soon as his 0.7 update is released and make only a patch/fork/whatever.. to maybe use his wt functions in my Mod again - and of course only if he's not against it.

- Just when I looked at the code of you and Oscar, I quickly realized that I no longer come along. For example, I can only guess what you did in my Mod (ok, probably some kind of loop) - but that's the problem: it's already way beyond my capabilities. I am not a programmer. Python was more of a big fat snake for me until recently.... The problem would then be that I wouldn't know my own code anymore. And the other way around I would rather hinder you with my long-winded mod texting.

- I'm actually more "known" for my audio extensions. That's actually my main reason when it comes to do Mods (I considered that briefly here at Secret Summer, too - but the game is maybe too far progressed for me already). All the cheat additions of mine in my Mods actually only were "born" because I mostly needed them myself for testing those audio additions in all game routes. This Mod here with only cheating is rather one of few exceptions and was more a "quick project in between". Maybe I need from time to time a break from all the sounds, who knows...

- and last but not least: I'm more the lone wolf when it comes to do Mods. Of course I did already some coops with others, too. And they were fun and I will do some more in the future - but still, at the end I prefer to to that on my own. And of course only for fun - it should always remain as a little pastime/hobby besides personal life and work (well, actually it's already a bit more then a "little"...)

And here the summary of my long text: I don't know...

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
And here the summary of my long text: I don't know
Hey, don't sweat it, there's no need to be so serious about it ;) I myself aren't much of a programmer, and certainly not very invested in the modding stuff. It's just the little thing that's got me interested at the moment and gives me a breather when I want it to. I know I'll end up getting tired of it, but in the meantime, I thought having a few people "gathering forces" might make it less stressful (because, yeah, I get the feeling some avid posters on f95zone might cause a bit of stress from time to time :sneaky:). In any case, the decisions in how to operate things certainly don't belong to me anyways, and this was merely a suggestion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts AND your code, and I'll be glad to read you around here !

Have a good time !

peulaupeu

Aug 26, 2019
Can you make android version of your wt mod? ,been waiting for long but o6 didnt make it ...
Well, I really didn't intend to dip my toe in that kind of things... but then thought "what the hell, I might learn something on the way" ! So .

Cheers !

Reactions: KoGa3

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
could you maybe implement a walkthrough? at the moment oscar is busy with other stuff and it could take many updates before he continues his mod.
d0fd65e42f378819de28c9ee11729ff8.gif

Reactions: imzahai

stahalle

Jul 11, 2018
Well, my Mod version v0.8WT is actually with the integrated walkthrough from OscarSix + the added recommendations from me for v0.8
now that you mentioned it i see the info at the op :FacePalm: only read features and changelog. maybe should write it there too.

Reactions: KoGa3

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well, my Mod version v0.8WT is actually with the integrated walkthrough from OscarSix + the added recommendations from me for v0.8
It isnt working for me, i installed the mod but no option gets highlighted, i even started a new game an still doesnt work

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
It isnt working for me, i installed the mod but no option gets highlighted, i even started a new game an still doesnt work
The walkthrough function is deactivated by default. Please open my Mod menu (the button below in the games quick menu) and turn it on:
You can do that at any time in the game (and also deactivate it again if you needed the correct answer only for a certain choice)

Android version ?
A bit late, but I finished it now

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepenone and Punto