VN Ren'Py Secrets of Sorcery [v0.22.5 Public] [Habardgames]

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Sharks are Evil

Jul 17, 2021
at this point the Dev needs to make the choice of either quitting the game or changing the visuals. if this is done for fun then no problem, but if money is what the Dev wants, it won't happen with this one. most of these games are the same copy paste visually no original work done boring burnout. and it's a shame because these people actually work hours and hours to make a good game, but it's just not enough because you can't turn shit into gold. and this game engine sadly is shit, it's the same models, same animations after so many years, people just don't wanna see this shit anymore. not unless it has some original stuff like different visuals (combining it with blender or something) or actually creating new sex animations (Koikatsu is fucking garbage, there I said it. the same crap every version, everyone working on a game but no one bothers to create new positions LOL)

just my 2 cents, take or leave it, wouldn't change much.

Mar 28, 2018
Ok but nobody has said anything about the story? I can deal with generic everything as long as girls are cute and the story is good and no game breaking bugs. It's the story that makes the game.
It's not Shakespeare, or anything like that, but the story kept my interest throughout. The biggest issue for me was that the current version ran out of content just when it seemed like the plot was about to start getting more involved with the magical side of things.

That's wrong, that's for v0.05.0, *5.5 is:

- New music.
- 100+ New images.
- 12 New events.
- 4 Kimiko events.
- 4 Takane events.
- 4 Hisaaki events.
Sorry about that. I have no clue how I managed to fuck that up, as I could swear that I just copypasted the changelog straight from the link I posted. I must be going senile in my old age.

Reactions: Bingoogus

daddyCzapo

Mar 26, 2019
I have created compressed version of the game :)
Tools used:
-YAC (https://f95zone.to/threads/yac-yet-another-cruncher-a-game-compactor-v3-3.55421/)
-Ren'Py SDK 7.4.11 ( )
Compression preset: Medium
Original size: 609 MB
Compressed size: 354 MB

PC: /
MAC (untested): /

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
Ya, not knowing what I need to do to trigger an event makes me less interested in continuing the tedious grind to figure it out.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
Boring grind.
Shitty hint system.

Gotta click everything 10000x to finally get to an event which takes forever.
Either rebuilt this shitty system or just stop because ain't no way anyone enjoys this.

I tried to play this over 5 times and I just can't.

The event and love stat system is the worst I ever played and that's saying something.

This game can be playable if it had a better system imo.

this why sandboxes get bad rep LMAO.

not only that, the story is just meh.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
uncaught exception in attached save.
the save is just after you start the event. just hold down ctrl to see the event and towards the end it will give the uncaught exception

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/takaneevents.rpy", line 1681, in script
    with Dissolve
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at beec690>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at beec790>}>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with Dissolve
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3679, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)
Exception: Expected transition to be a displayable, not a <curry <class 'renpy.display.transition.Dissolve'> () {'new_widget': <Fixed at beec690>, 'old_widget': <Fixed at beec790>}>

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Secrets of Sorcery 0.06.5
Sat Nov 12 18:35:41 2022

jadih96207

Apr 30, 2021
uncaught exception in attached save.
the save is just after you start the event. just hold down ctrl to see the event and towards the end it will give the uncaught exception

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    with Dissolve

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    with Dissolve
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1443, in execute
    renpy.exports.with_statement(trans, paired)
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
    return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
    clear=clear)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3679, in interact_core
    raise Exception("Expected transition to be a displayable, not a %r" % trans)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Secrets of Sorcery 0.06.5
Sat Nov 12 18:35:41 2022
Well it's the only line in that script that doesn't have "with Dissolve(.5)" so just added that.

Reactions: mrttao

covertanon

Oct 24, 2017
I've spent an hour trying to trigger the new events and I can't get them to work. I have 1 event with Nari and one with the teacher that won't trigger and the main event 3 smiling faces won't either. This is why I don't like sandbox/free roam type games. I can't for the life of me figure out why people like them. I've only played a couple good ones and they were good despite being sandbox/free roam not because they were sandbox/free rome. This would have been so much better as a VN.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Chiyo is best girl. Hana knows who Azumi is for sure. Was hoping for more but it was a cute little update.

JapanFreak

Sep 15, 2019
how in the world do you advance in this game no metter where i go or do i cant advance the story...

daddyCzapo

Mar 26, 2019
I have created compressed version of the game :)
Tools used:
-YAC (https://f95zone.to/threads/yac-yet-another-cruncher-a-game-compactor-v3-3.55421/)
-Ren'Py SDK 7.4.11 ( )
Compression preset: Custom/Medium
Original size: 652 MB
Compressed size: 404 MB (not much size reduction, without butchering the quality, sorry)

v0.07

PC: /
MAC (untested): /
note: The mac version is a byproduct of compiling the game in Ren'Py SDK, as i have no way of testing this version download at your own risk

Last edited:

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017
I gotta admit I despise the event guide and method that LiL made popular. I have 0 clue where to go and what to do. It gets old real fast having to click everywhere hoping to god you get an event. It feels tedious and unnecessary. It is the main reason I hardly play LiL anymore. Please give us hints or the event requirements, knowing only the event name doesn't help much.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes