rivon

Jun 14, 2018
Soo when you plan to release first act on steam? I understand you cant say for sure. But at least this year?

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Steam is a lot more flexible with payment methods than patreon so i am sure a lot of people would welcome it there.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
I'm just surprised no one has gone all "Fucking Cucks no longer releasing Free builds! Down with Seeds of Cuckdom!" Yet...

Edit: Annnnnd hopefully I haven't jinxxed it.

Reactions: rKnight

Cervixpunch

Feb 10, 2019
Hello. This is the situation as I currently understand it. I am staff, but if Arioch says anything to the contrary, consider my comments superceded.

1. Thank you for your enthusiasm for the game. We're pretty excited about 2 month dev periods too. One of the benefits is that some (but not all) new scenes will be able to come with art at launch.
2. I'm actually working on a really notable evil choice for Rowan in the upcoming few months. I hope you enjoy it. We know we've let his fall be drawn out, and we're hoping the payout for it is worth the time investment.

Regarding the new release strategy.

3. We will not be ending Itch.io or Patreon based releases, according to the current plan. We still plan for you to be able to play the game post-steam release outside of steam.
4. It's unclear how we plan to proceed on issues relating to multiple acts. However, if someone donates enough to receive a copy for the current act and then stops, they will be eligible to receive a copy of the Act based on the contributions they already put in. They simply will not continue receiving Patron builds during the time they are not Patrons. If you pay the full price of the Act in Patron fees, you will get the Act. Again, not sure how we will adjudicate if someone donates enough for all Acts and then stops.
5. We keep records of all past donations via Patreon. If someone has donated a certain ammount over time, we can keep track of it with ease.

I hope that answers your questions!
Thank you for the response :). Good to know a non steam download will still be available. The paying for acts things put a bit of wariness there because while I have no intention to stop backing, I may in the future for a while if money is tight for a period, another kid comes etc. But willing to see how you guys ultimately decide to implement it.

Looking forward to Rowan becoming more corrupt I think the fact it's been a slow fall will pay off in the end. It would be a bit weird if he was essentially enslaved but then became Darth Vader in leather straight away. I always want to play as the bad guy or have the option to go that route always been a big appeal of SOC that there's choices in what route he'll go down.

Really do hope you guys get more funding to help development with the changes. Certainly deserve it.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Thank you for the response :). Good to know a non steam download will still be available. The paying for acts things put a bit of wariness there because while I have no intention to stop backing, I may in the future for a while if money is tight for a period, another kid comes etc. But willing to see how you guys ultimately decide to implement it.

Looking forward to Rowan becoming more corrupt I think the fact it's been a slow fall will pay off in the end. It would be a bit weird if he was essentially enslaved but then became Darth Vader in leather straight away. I always want to play as the bad guy or have the option to go that route always been a big appeal of SOC that there's choices in what route he'll go down.

Really do hope you guys get more funding to help development with the changes. Certainly deserve it.
As I said, we just haven't discussed every element yet. The thing is that we're not really in the business of screwing patrons and we can keep track of how much someone has put in over the years. We're committed to ensuring we do right by the folks who've helped us out. No one is getting screwed if we can help it.

Except Alexia. She's getting all kinds of screwed.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Planing wood planks... Done.
Applying glue to plank edges... Done.
Glue drying... Done.
Applying Parchment + Gesso Mixture... Done
Nail on handle... Done.
Painting Greyhide... Done.

Shield constructed.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
As I said, we just haven't discussed every element yet. The thing is that we're not really in the business of screwing patrons and we can keep track of how much someone has put in over the years. We're committed to ensuring we do right by the folks who've helped us out. No one is getting screwed if we can help it.

Except Alexia. She's getting all kinds of screwed.
See, there’s your problem, Rowan’s not getting screwed enough.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Mhm. It's available via Patroen or Itch.io. Good sized release with more then 20K words of new text and 8 new Cgs.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Neat. Hopefully some of those CGs are actually worthwhile scenes instead of just the usual water treading.

4.00 star(s) 161 Votes