AidsDelivered

Apr 9, 2018
i would say that its generally the best idea to cross out the items, since the game isn't nearly done and we already have a HUGE amount of content and i think it could be a hassle to code them in.
Judst concentrate on the writing and try to work towards the end of the rastadel part. love you guys

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Hello everyone,

So last month was pretty decent, we had a nice bump and we got the release out on time as usual. This month has also started well, so hopefully that will continue.
The important thing I have to talk about today is the survey. It has been a year since the last one, even though it doesn't feel like it. We have some new questions on the 2019 edition, suggested by other members of the team. Like last year, I will give it a couple of weeks and then make a post comparing the public and backer results, but for now, you can fill out the survey here:
[DO NOT FILL THIS OUT IF YOU ARE A BACKER - You have a separate survey in the next post down.]

In other news, work on the new release is well underway. I'm just waiting for the rest of the sketches from MDN and then I'll be sharing them with the backers as usual. Sommy is working on a narrative CG for the Rastedel arc, which you can see above, and it looks stunning as usual. Winter is once again focusing on Rastedel content, to move the narrative on, while Rein is trying to get his mechanics overhaul finished so we can start coding it all soon. We'll have some fae content from Phoenix, and some random event stuff for Valaska to help pad the release out though.
That is all for today. This month's release will be on the 31st, and we are very close to being done with the final public demo of Jessika's Curse, so I will be sharing that with everyone soon as well.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Whelp, I've done my civic duty and done the Survey... Here are my thoughts.

Ahahahahah... I want some tits, that's the best, most straight-out direct survey option I've seen! :ROFLMAO:

Which male would Rowan pursue a romantic, loving relationship with? Okay, that's an honest question... but Andras is an option... really!? Come on, A romantic and loving relationship with Andras... oh man, I don't think even Barry White can work his magic to this!

Oh shit. I casually want to see what this would look like, now. Thanks survey, thank you for giving me thoughts of a Suave Andras with a rose in his mouth like in Shrek 2!

Jul 27, 2017
As a long time patron, I've been underwhelmed by the latest updates. A month is a long time to wait for two or three scenes when many of them aren't even relevant to my interests. As a writer, I understand all the hard work going into developing the story and non-erotic stuff, but its still a let down. I mostly became a patron because I liked the world and characters, but over the past year the main characters have barely developed at all. I seems like you're spreading yourself too thin writing-wise, and may want to stop adding more elements to the story until you've developed the ones you have. Seriously, just say no to more characters and story tangents.

You don't need a goblin or an ogre quest. You need to develop the original characters and create some payoffs.

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Survey completed. Fairly extensive. Even wrote up a comment about Black Ness, the spidergirl monster.;P

Some thoughts from way back in the day (circa 2017, page 14):
"Black Ness" is an interesting (and powerful) drider--a spidergirl monster. I was really hoping it wasn't a one-off and that Rowan can have further encounters with her. Perhaps due to their first shared experience when Rowan visits the Breeding Pits, Rowan and Ness favors one another much more than the other "handlers" or "monsters", respectively. Rowan might come to appreciate the strength and "beauty" of Ness over several nonsexual visits, and in a similar fashion, likewise for Ness. Conceivably, Nessy just adores Rowan so much that she escapes the Holds once more only for her to sneak her way towards Rowan's bedchamber. Who knows what could happen then?! Maybe she just hides there until she decides to pounce on Rowan who is all the while blissfully unaware to rekindle that once shared experience. Nessy and Rowan might develop a strong bond of trust and maybe Nessy allows Rowan to mount her (no pun intended) and becomes Rowan's battlemount! Just think how scary that could be for someone on the receiving end--seeing a mounted knight, not on a horse, but a fearsome (and cute?) drider as they wade into battle together! Strength, three-dimensional mobility, unique powers, and the cunning of the rider to utilize them all while in battle! Awesomeness.

I'm going to go find and watch an episode of Monster Musume after this... lol.

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
Any walkthroughs for this game? I don't mean a scene guide like in the OP, I mean a guide on how to optimize my playthrough like The Last Sovereign has. What I should research first, what I should build first, that sort of thing?
I was sort of working on a week by week breakdown of how I try to optimize the first few weeks of exploration so I'd remember for future playthroughs, though I trailed off on that and it's been a while since I've actually restarted the game, so I haven't gotten back to it yet. Here's a loose breakdown that assumes you're okay with savescumming.

As of version 0.3.0, the game has received major updates to its gameplay systems. This guide was written before that, so please be mindful that some information may be out of date.

Disclaimer: I'm mostly working off memory and briefly poking around some of my save files here, so there are probably some mistakes. Anyone reading this, please feel free to inform me if you find any, or have any alternate ideas on some of the opinions I've presented here. Thanks! Also sorry this got quite a bit wordier than I intended.

Things to do while exploring
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Things to do in the castle
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Courtesy of Stes, now with Map! See this post for a map key.

Andras got the short end of the stick.
That sort of depends on how you look at it. True, Andras's scenes with Alexia are shallower, but that reflects his interest in the affair—he's only really interested in her to sate his lust and to demonstrate his power over her and Rowan, it doesn't really go any deeper than that. Jezera's interest in Alexia is more complex, and so the scenes she has with her are more involved (which is what makes them, imo, more interesting).

That said, even with the recent Jezera update, Andras has more scenes with Alexia (though granted, not much in the way of penetrative sex). JezeraxAlexia has, I believe, 4 scenes, while AndrasxAlexia has 6, 7 if you include the tavern harassment scene. That doesn't seem like a huge difference, but it's 50% more scenes. 50% more updates devoted to the one pairing than the other, though I won't make any presumptions about how much time the scenes take to write.

Last edited:

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
As a long time patron, I've been underwhelmed by the latest updates. A month is a long time to wait for two or three scenes when many of them aren't even relevant to my interests. As a writer, I understand all the hard work going into developing the story and non-erotic stuff, but its still a let down. I mostly became a patron because I liked the world and characters, but over the past year the main characters have barely developed at all. I seems like you're spreading yourself too thin writing-wise, and may want to stop adding more elements to the story until you've developed the ones you have. Seriously, just say no to more characters and story tangents.

You don't need a goblin or an ogre quest. You need to develop the original characters and create some payoffs.
What story thread do you feel is abandoned? The fundamental problem isn't that we're spreading ourselves to thin. It's that the entire writing team shifted in the middle of development.

Why is Shaya, for example badly underserved? Because we have no idea what do with her. We also have a directive to actually advance the story with Rastedel.

Why is there fae stuff going on right now when Greyhide hasn't been getting a lot? Because the fae writer doesn't write other stuff and the main team has been fixing the mechanics and making Rastedel. Greyhide meanwhile lacks a dedicated writer.

So what are we doing about it? Well, part of the goal is to add some writers to help fill in the gaps. That's the plan with the M/M writer mostly. Part of the goal is to take some time to expand the castle segments after we finish up Rastedel.

Jul 27, 2017
What story thread do you feel is abandoned? The fundamental problem isn't that we're spreading ourselves to thin. It's that the entire writing team shifted in the middle of development.

Why is Shaya, for example badly underserved? Because we have no idea what do with her. We also have a directive to actually advance the story with Rastedel.

Why is there fae stuff going on right now when Greyhide hasn't been getting a lot? Because the fae writer doesn't write other stuff and the main team has been fixing the mechanics and making Rastedel. Greyhide meanwhile lacks a dedicated writer.

So what are we doing about it? Well, part of the goal is to add some writers to help fill in the gaps. That's the plan with the M/M writer mostly. Part of the goal is to take some time to expand the castle segments after we finish up Rastedel.
It's not one story thread, it's almost everyone in the castle. None of them have seen much development. Maybe one or two tease scenes and that's it. Anyway, thanks for the response. I can see you have your hands full.

I'm glad to hear that you plan on focusing on the castle after Rastedel. It badly needs it, and it is where most the action happens.

Reactions: Back

TheMagister

Aug 5, 2016
To add to the walkthrough post, I would always build the tavern first. I think military might is hardly necessary at the start of the game, and the Tavern increases your revenue, which makes building all the other shit quicker. If you want to infiltrate Raeve Keep with spies, I would only build the tavern as well (because the brothel is expensive as...dicks).

Reactions: diebesgrab

diebesgrab

Feb 25, 2019
To add to the walkthrough post, I would always build the tavern first. I think military might is hardly necessary at the start of the game, and the Tavern increases your revenue, which makes building all the other shit quicker. If you want to infiltrate Raeve Keep with spies, I would only build the tavern as well (because the brothel is expensive as...dicks).
While it's true that the Tavern is a pretty good source of income, I would say that quickly bringing villages under your control through capture and trade agreements is an even better source—in my latest save file, at week 15, I have 97 gold per week coming from villages alone. Since there are more important research projects to take care of early if you want to infiltrate than there are building projects, my preference is to amp up the tech rate as fast as possible; and since I like getting the somewhat difficult Greyhide route started ASAP, my preference is to get the Dark Sanctum done first for the research, and the Forge done next for Greyhide. It also helps that getting both of those done first multiplies the effectiveness of each orc soldier, meaning I have to use fewer for capturing those early few villages.

That said, it's absolutely possible to get the brothel built in time for Raeve if you start with the tavern; I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not sure what sort of rate of money you'd get out of it, but you can certainly still get what I'd consider the four most important research projects done by Week 22 even with the base research rate. That said, if you can get up to a research rate of 15 or higher by week 12 (not a difficult feat if you start with the dark sanctum and are working with a map and can find abbeys quickly), you can get those 4 projects done by week 18 or sooner, giving you ample time to build everything if you can secure the funds—and if you can get to all 7 villages by week 10, you should have more than enough funds.

For reference, in that week 15 save file I was talking about, after building the Dark Sanctum, Forge, Tavern, and Brothel in that order, I'm sitting on 945 gold and have ~125 as my total weekly income (varying somewhat week to week), and I haven't even gotten at least one of the ruler events (the Cla-Min one triggered when I was trying to remind myself which research projects did what). Granted, not everyone's going to want to savescum the villages, because that's pretty tedious. With that kind of income, though, you can just build the Dark Sanctum, Forge, and Tavern in consecutive weeks and feel pretty safe that you'll have enough for the Brothel and the Week 22 quota as well, so you're only losing two weeks worth of the tavern's income. As to my preference for building the Forge before the Tavern, well, that's personal preference again, but the sooner you start equipping soldiers with iron gear, the fewer of them you need to capture villages, and the sooner you can start collecting money from them. I'm willing to waste another week of potential Tavern profits to secure those villages all the earlier.

tl;dr: Nothing wrong with going Tavern -> Dark Sanctum -> Forge -> Brothel, but I feel like it's more limiting to your options than going Dark Sanctum -> Forge -> Tavern -> Brothel. Speeding up those research projects early on really helps accelerate things, and you can secure pretty ample funds from villages if you know where to find them.

aqd

Jul 16, 2017

What themes could use additional writing other than M/M?
Could you use any editing assistance, or are you primarily in need of original writing?
Where would one submit writing samples?

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
Seeds of Chaos does not take unsolicited submissions and to date we haven't accepted any unpaid writers. Volunteer writers have historically low consistency and it's generally not worth the effort.

We are currently working with a new writer for M/M and some M/F content and we hope to debut material from him this month. That, and the end of Rein's mechanics rework, should mean more castle events. Same with the end of the Rastedel narrative.

Beyond that, the main concern is funds. We can only pay so many people to write so many words. Y'all might not have noticed but we've bitten off quite a bit here and we're doing our best to chew it.

May 19, 2017

Have you guys thought of hiring SlutWriter? They're one of the good ones.

Reactions: TheSexinati

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Have you guys thought of hiring SlutWriter? They're one of the good ones.
No offense, while I do like Slutwriter's work myself... I have the feeling that Hyper-penises, Dick-cheese and Pissing-in-orifices is not exactly going to be featured in the story (Though If we ever get the option to piss on Andras, I'd be all for it!). Additionally, I am not sure if SlutWriter's writing style would complement a Visual-novel style of writing, which tends to be more condensed.

But god-damn, when Slutwriter does MxM content, which is somewhat of a rarity... Nnnnggggg!

4.00 star(s) 156 Votes