[R>Artist 3D] Share Seeking a 3D Artist for My Game: The Racket

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Hello,

My name's Craig, and I'm looking to partner with an artist for my game, The Racket.

Project:

It’s about a poor 17 year-old who gets a scholarship to attend the luxurious Kensington College, where he wants to focus on school but ends up getting involved with a dangerous, student-led drug organization called The Racket.

It’s a choice-based game in which choices matter and the player has the possibility of achieving multiple endings. The story (which has already been written out) will have 15 chapters in total, with each chapter including at least one h-scene. (Currently, the h-scenes are a mix of renders/animations, but I’m open to negotiate if you’d like to do just still images for the sex scenes.)

Developer & Looking For:

I’ve been working on this game for a while now, and when I started out, I did everything (writing, coding, artwork, scoring, etc.), but as I get close to finishing Chapter 1, I’m realizing that I don’t have the time to do absolutely everything thanks to my job, life, etc.

I’d like to continue doing the writing, coding, scoring, Patreon, etc., but would like a partner to take over the art. I can also help when needed. I just don’t want to do it all.

Job (Employment Type, Commitment, Description, etc.):

• The game currently slated to have 15 chapters. I’d like to publish a new chapter at least every 2 months. Eventually, I’d like to be publishing once per month or 1.5 months, but I understand if that’s not achievable for a while.
  • My Chapter 1 currently has 347 images and 3 animations for the h-scene. I’d like each chapter to have a similar amount of content, (but that’s open to negotiation).
  • I’d like the artistic/render qualtiy to match or exceed the quality of the ones I’ve already been making. (I’ll attach some renders so you can see what I’m talking about.)
  • I currently have a mix of pictures and animations for the sex scenes, but if you’d like to do pictures only, that’s negotiable.
  • I’ve already acquired/purchased a good amount of assets, and I’ve already created the characters and a lot of locations for the game, (all of which are unique). You will of course have access to all of that.
  • For payment, I’d like to split the Patreon proceeds in a way that’s reasonable for both of us. We can negotiate that if we feel like we could work together as partners.

If you’d like to get in touch with me about this, please send me a direct message on here or email me at craiggerbird@gmail.com. If it seems like we could work well together, we can set up a video chat to talk more.

Pills.png
Discussion.png
Duncan.png
Looking.png Girls.png
Lauren.png Maria.png

Pouring.png Security.png
Hand-Pills.png
1677532330633.png
Finished.png

Last edited:

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Can we try out the game's demo?
Hi HotX studio! I don't have the first chapter completely ready, but I can put something together so you can see the first bit.

I'm at work now, but I'll try to whip something up to send to you when I'm available.

Last edited:

HotX Studio

Feb 20, 2023
Sure, Craiggerbird! We appreciate your effort to put together a demo for us. Take your time, there's no rush. We're excited to see the writing and visuals you have in store for us. Looking forward to it!

Reactions: Craiggerbird

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
Hi HotX. I put together a little something for you. It's the first few scenes of the game. I'm sure some things will get fixed up / polished later, but all in all, I think it's a decent representation of what I'm up to.

Let me know if you can't access either link for whatever reason. I wouldn't put it past me to have messed it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: HotX Studio

HotX Studio

Feb 20, 2023
Hi there!

I recently had the opportunity to play through the demo, and I wanted to provide some constructive feedback to help make the game even better. Please know that I intend to contribute to the development of the game and not offend in any way.

• While "sprites on background" can be a great technique for 2D games, it might not work as well for 3D games. When used in a 3D game, it can create the feeling that the character is separate from the background, which can take away from the overall realism of the game.

• Secondly, I noticed that the characters' expressions still don't quite convey their emotions. Emotions play a crucial role in any game, and it would be great to see the characters express themselves more clearly.

• Additionally, there seems to be a lack of flexibility in the conversation scenes between characters. While I understand that this can save render time, it can also make the scenes feel repetitive and monotonous. Adding some variation to the conversation scenes could enhance the player's experience.

• Finally, while the animation is already quite fluid, I believe it could be even better if the camera angle were adjusted slightly.

Of course, this is just my personal opinion.

Thank you for taking the time to read my feedback. I hope it helps in some way to make the game even more amazing!

Craiggerbird

Feb 24, 2020
HotX Studio, thank you so much for the feedback! I take no offence and am super grateful to be getting some constructive criticism that'll help me get better at this.

I have a couple questions: in terms of the characters' expressions, can you remember some instances of their expressions not being expressed clearly enough? I'm trying to figure out what my actual problem is here. Is it just where I don't bother changing the characters' expressions to match what their emotions should be, or is it where I actually try to express the characters' emotions but don't quite manage to do it?

And in terms of the conversation flexibility, do you mean, like, the different choices in the conversation don't lead to different enough outcomes? As in, the conversations are fairly linear and the choices don't actually allow you to impact the conversations enough?

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate the feedback.

HotX Studio

Feb 20, 2023
Hey there!

As an artist, I only focus on visual feedback. While there isn't a lot of content in the demo, I noticed a few areas where improvements could be made in the dialogue scene between the MC and the two girls in the demo

Firstly, the expressions of the two girls could use some work, especially their eyes. There isn't much variation in their facial expressions, with only a few renderings showing changes in the eyebrows. It looks like the mouth is the only part that's being animated to open and close, which can make the characters seem less expressive.

Additionally, the scene lacks flexibility, with the two girls standing side by side and only moving their arms when talking. It would be great to see some more variation in the camera angles and the way the characters move to add more depth to the scene.

Lastly, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but the girl's smile in the first scene seemed a bit fake to me. To better express her feelings, it might be worthwhile to experiment with some other facial expressions.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my feedback. I hope it helps to make the game even better!