[R>Writer] Share Seeking A Co-Writer & Partner for a Unique Cyberpunk-themed Project

Aug 24, 2019
Project:
I have this idea for a visual novel that will blend together cyberpunk, martial arts, sci-fi, and specific traditional Japanese elements. This would be a relatively more serious game, in terms of its plot and story, with sex not entirely being the exclusive focus. Rather, I am aiming for an adequate balance of action, erotic content, and violence. Perhaps I am being too ambitious, but I'm aiming for TV series-level quality in terms of the plot and visuals. Of course, to the best of my abilities and those of my teammates.

Developer:
Currently, I am the 3D artist and writer for this project, and I have friend who is a Ren'py developer/programmer and will be onboard once the writing and then the artwork are completed.

Looking for:
Even though I am a writer myself, although my focus as of lately is more towards 3D art, and I have plenty of ideas for this project, at the moment I am coming up blank in terms of a working plot for at least the first episode of this project, and the rest of it as well. Overall though, I have lots of ideas and will keep coming up with more, but they're useless unless I can weave them into a story.

Therefore, I am seeking someone who happens who has experience with writing, and has a genuine interest in and is passionate about the cyberpunk, dystopian, and post-apocalyptic genres. Although not mandatory, it would be a bonus if they also have an interest in and/or are familiar with historical Japanese culture and traditions. I am seeking someone who could brainstorm with me and come up with ideas for the plot of this project, which we would then work on together. So, the complete burden of the writing would not entirely fall upon them, rather I would be contributing towards the writing as well, but there certainly would be a lot of brainstorming involved.

Employment Type:
Whoever I end up working with would receive a balanced share of from the earnings this project shall hopefully generate. Although I cannot afford to pay anyone upfront, but I would definitely offer an adequate percentage of share of whatever revenue this project would generate.

Work commitment:
I am not exactly in a hurry to launch this project, but I also do not want to just sit on it. Overall though, I prefer quality over quantity, for the most part. So, we could end up working at our own respect paces, as long as we gradually make progress.

Preferred method of contact:
Feel free to get in touch with me on Discoard at SSBarry#1495

Additional comments:
To generate some potential interest in my project and to provide some inspiration, below are my recent renders of the protagonist. Though minor changes here and there might be made, this is likely his final appearance.

New Character w mask.png

New Character wo mask-Beauty.png

hreserves

The Mithril Hourglass
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2018
I've been trying to work on a cyberpunk story myself lately. I've got plenty of loose ideas, but I haven't worked anything into a narrative yet. I'd be happy to brainstorm even if we don't end up working together.
Discord request will be coming from Tsod.

DrTor

Mar 7, 2021
Did you get a writer? I've been working on a cyberpunk story for some time now. I sent you a request on Discord if you want to talk.

neto00740

Nov 13, 2018
Hello I'm a aspiring writer wanting experience with new projects and I'd love to work with this project. I sended a request on discord if we could talk

Aug 24, 2019
Apologies for not doing this sooner folks. However, I already began working with a writer, and a great deal of brainstorming, planning, and writing has already been completed. Yet, I still thank everyone who has replied here for taking an interest in my upcoming project and taking the time to post here. Unfortunately, the position has been filled. Thanks again.

P.S. I know this isn't supposed to be a promotional thread and I have plans to do the development log and promotion in a more organized, but I also wasn't expecting my thread to be on top again with new replies, and so, I can't help myself but apparently I can't help myself and share some progress.

Cassandra armor without mask-Beauty.png
Joji casual updated-Beauty.png

Last edited: