Seeking aid

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
Well its fairly simple i have for some time by now wanted to do my own game, however i cant render for shit nor program and im not sure if this is the place to ask but anyway.
Im looking for one or two artis and some programmers that want to go on what will be an epic travel of making a game

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
Best of luck to you. Just don't be surprised when it turns out no one's looking for an idea man/manager to work under when it seems pretty clear by your vague request that you really don't know what you are getting yourself into. You've failed to offer any game ideas thus far. You haven't told us what you plan to contribute to the project. You haven't mentioned anything about how you plan to compensate those whom you seek to make your game for you, and let me tell you right now that promising profit share after the game is made as the sole source of reimbursement will never fly with anyone even remotely serious about their work.

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
Well i dont want to spoil anything, i know what im getting into but first i want to find some poeple that might want to join in on it or atlest hear whats its about, and if they want to commit that would be grand

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Why don't you offer your skills as a writer? I know you don't want to spoil anything, but so far I don't know what the game is about, don't know what engine you will use for the game, don't know what type of art you are using (hand drawn, daz, honey select).

I don't think many people are looking to be micro-managed while they do all the work, but some might be looking for a writer

Reactions: saolo996

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
That doesn't say much, what's your idea? What are your skills? Are you a writer? Do you have any experience in game making? Engine? 3d or 2d artist?

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
Roleplayer and i have some experience as writer, what engine is what the programmer feels thats best to use, i would myself say unity or renpy, when it comes to the art i myself wouldnt mind Daz so the 3D but its all up to the artis due its will be him or her or them working with it and i wouldnt wish to limited their own experiencen by forcing them to work with something they might not have the skill set to use. and i dont wish to mirco manage, i will offer the free range they need to get the job done and i want to offer it as a group thing. This may take off or not so the offer is out

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I don't know if it was intentional but after reading this all that came to my head was "I can't develop a game myself so if someone else could do that while I make the money that would be great, thanks".

fluffsta

Oct 7, 2017
I don't know if it was intentional but after reading this all that came to my head was "I can't develop a game myself so if someone else could do that while I make the money that would be great, thanks".
never said i would take money for the game and just keep it for myself, but clearly i need to rethink this over abit

MaxCarna

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
Usually people say that you need 3 roles to make a project for a game: a writer, a ilustrator/animator and a programmer. I would add more 2: a manager and a advertiser/social media.

This is not a criticism, but a suggestion. Take a position in which role(s) you will gone act. If you be the manager, you should already have a roadmap, a delivery plan and the goals. If writer, nothing stop you from already write and test it on a prototype, Twine is great. Some creators releases games completelyin text only. It's a nice way to test the concept. For advertiser/social media you should already have a well know profile in some adult games portal, or a blog somewhere.

I feel people being a little bit hostile, that may be because take the illustrator/animator role implicate in a massive workload. Hours an hours to make images that will be consumed in seconds. If the other roles fails, everything turn in garbage. Who ever passed by this, is not happy about it . Safe programmers already have their base-code done, just make some changes, but beginners will also have a lot of work.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
There is a fair bit of difference between spoiling a story and setting the stage to build interest. A lot of folks who have little to offer outside of ideas tend to over-value them and think they have to jealously guard them. Anyone who's remotely serious about game development will have several ideas of their own for games they'd like to make, they don't need to steal yours when their own are already far more appealing to them.

You absolutely need a blurb you can share with anyone willing to listen to what you have to say if you've got any hope to sell them on your vision. If you can't describe your game's premise in a sentence or two, then it probably isn't a good idea to begin with. That's the bare minimum you need just to get your foot in the door, after that you need another paragraph or so to categorize the game play. People make snap judgments on first impressions, if you can't hook them right from the start then you're just wasting your time and theirs.

As an example, here's my game in two sentences: "You play as a single man who discovers a crying homeless girl living under a bridge. Your choices will decide her fate."

That's it. I didn't spoil anything you wouldn't have figured out while playing the game's intro. I can go on to elaborate for those who like what they've heard by adding: "It's a 3D game with custom assets and gaming elements in common with visual novels, dating sims, and dress-up games. You focus on developing your relationship with the girl as you progress along one of the 3 main branches the story can take. Adopt her as a daughter, embrace her as a lover, or take her as your pet."

With just that, anyone can have a pretty good idea what my game is all about and yet they're none the wiser regarding the details of how the story will play out.

Reactions: Luderos

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Hey, I'm a programmer by training and I've been messing around with Daz3D quite a bit.
I might be interested depending on the game, how far you've gotten in developing a story and what you're looking to do with it in terms of selling it.

Not making any promises, just hit me up if you're interested.

Keato-red

Feb 5, 2020
how did you post this i'm making a demo have an artist,music maker and i'm the writer and i'm looking for some more help so how did you post this?