Do you prefer bigger updates or smaller, but more frequent ones?

• Larger releases (Current rate of about 1 Chapter per 3 months)

Votes: 1,430 88.3%
  • Smaller, regular updates every 1-1.5 months (Based on in-game days)

Votes: 189 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Absolutely not. :ROFLMAO:, I can't wait that long. Play each update and the then play from the beginning again in 5 months. ;)
that's plan for real this for me well im going to play this next update from the start too cause I forgot stuff haha. But probably will do the same in the next one as well since it's gonna be complete for part 1

• Red Heart
Reactions: Captain Crystallo

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
that's plan for real this for me well im going to play this next update from the start too cause I forgot stuff haha. But probably will do the same in the next one as well since it's gonna be complete for part 1
Chapter 6 had a LOT of content. :)

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
1725646930788.png

One final delay for a development cycle that was painfully full of them.

I really tried to finish working on the chapter today, but that's just not happening. I hope a one-day delay won't ruin anyone's plans to enjoy the next installment of "Seeking Closure".

As always, thank you for your support. The wait is almost over!

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Just discovered this game. I usually don't like it when a game started with mc already in a relationship. So the MC have a GF but no cheating or harem tag. How does that work? Is it an open relationship thing? Can you break up with the GF at some point ?

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Just discovered this game. I usually don't like it when a game started with mc already in a relationship. So the MC have a GF but no cheating or harem tag. How does that work? Is it an open relationship thing? Can you break up with the GF at some point ?
Hello!
About 80% of the game available right now takes place in the past timeline when the MC is single and can more-or-less freely jump on several LI paths simultaneously. The second half of the game will focus on the future, during which you can either break up with the GF and reconnect with one of the LIs or stay with the GF (cheating with also be possible, but not as a fetish that the MC enjoys).

When I was still planning out my VN at the start, making Julia the mandatory GF seemed like the only "correct" choice for the story I wanted to tell. However, in retrospect, giving a mandatory GF for the future timeline is one of the decisions I regret the most, considering I'm trying to make user choices as impactful as I can.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
My bigger problem with Julia is not that she's starting GF, it's that she's just fine.
She's neither great nor bad, and so far the only way for MC to distance himself from her seems to be an ass + cheating on her.

Luckily, everything set in past is great so hey, lots of content anyway.
But Julia remains girlfriend in my playthrough, cheating sucks!

Full disclaimer: I really like Julia, but compared to some other LIs in this one, she's just average.

flaviopaganini

Feb 25, 2024
This game is captivating because it starts with a seemingly ordinary relationship with your girlfriend. However, as the story unfolds, you encounter people from your past who played pivotal roles in your life. The main character begins to reminisce, and the game reveals how each of these individuals, including your girlfriend, had a significant impact on you. The title, Seeking Closure, perfectly reflects this journey of moving forward while deciding who is the right person to accompany you on this path.

The developer is releasing a new chapter this week on his Patreon, and I highly encourage anyone who can to support him. Despite the challenges his country is currently facing, he managed to deliver a new episode in the midst of the war, which is truly remarkable.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Granted im 2 updates behind but my issue with Julia is because of all the time in the past it's hard for me to care for her compared to the others and not want to break up with her the moment I can. so hopefully that changes in the second half where we will be in the present alot more.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Granted im 2 updates behind but my issue with Julia is because of all the time in the past it's hard for me to care for her compared to the others and not want to break up with her the moment I can. so hopefully that changes in the second half where we will be in the present alot more.
I just wish she had more "relatable" moments. As in, couple hanging out.
Most of dialogue with her is just leading to sex scenes.

Still, breaking up definitely strikes me as dick move. Who the hell takes a girl on a trip to break up with her?

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I just wish she had more "relatable" moments. As in, couple hanging out.
Most of dialogue with her is just leading to sex scenes.
Probably why I don't feel anything really for her right now

Still, breaking up definitely strikes me as dick move. Who the hell takes a girl on a trip to break up with her?
o for sure if this wasn't a game I would never do something like that no matter how I felt.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
I agree that Julia has a lot less development than the other main girls, which is why it's hard to care for her that much, particularly since you didn't see any of the moments that the MC experienced with her other than their first meeting and date.

In my original plan, I was supposed to include one chapter in the present for every two spent in the future until the story catches up with it, developing the characters in both timelines and keeping them intriguing. Since I didn't have any experience creating a VN of any kind, the concept looked fine on paper.

However, I soon realized that I had written myself into a corner because it's impossible to spend any lengthy amount of time in the future without having the characters talk about the past or MC thinking about the events that occurred. And how can the characters discuss the past if you as the player didn't get to neither experience it yet, nor did you make the choices that affect it? I could have gotten away with it in a kinetic novel, but not if I want player choice to actually matter.

I tried my best in Chapter 4, which went back to the future/present, but it's already a bit of a mess. While you're not forced to commit to anything and will still be able to shape the story as you want, several vague conversations just feel confusing/irritating. Moreover, it has characters like Fleur/Susan/etc. act interested in you if you were on their paths in Chapter 3, but that's only Chapter 3 - you can end up dumping them by the end of the past timeline and then their reaction to meeting you again will retroactively make zero sense.

Sorry for going on a bit of a rant, but this conundrum that I've created for myself has been frustrating me for over a year now.

Sep 3, 2020
I agree that Julia has a lot less development than the other main girls, which is why it's hard to care for her that much, particularly since you didn't see any of the moments that the MC experienced with her other than their first meeting and date.

In my original plan, I was supposed to include one chapter in the present for every two spent in the future until the story catches up with it, developing the characters in both timelines and keeping them intriguing. Since I didn't have any experience creating a VN of any kind, the concept looked fine on paper.

However, I soon realized that I had written myself into a corner because it's impossible to spend any lengthy amount of time in the future without having the characters talk about the past or MC thinking about the events that occurred. And how can the characters discuss the past if you as the player didn't get to neither experience it yet, nor did you make the choices that affect it? I could have gotten away with it in a kinetic novel, but not if I want player choice to actually matter.

I tried my best in Chapter 4, which went back to the future/present, but it's already a bit of a mess. While you're not forced to commit to anything and will still be able to shape the story as you want, several vague conversations just feel confusing/irritating. Moreover, it has characters like Fleur/Susan/etc. act interested in you if you were on their paths in Chapter 3, but that's only Chapter 3 - you can end up dumping them by the end of the past timeline and then their reaction to meeting you again will retroactively make zero sense.

Sorry for going on a bit of a rant, but this conundrum that I've created for myself has been frustrating me for over a year now.
it's okay brother and I hope you're doing well but yes I don't like

forced girlfriends

especially if I fall in love with someone else

and then you want to be monogamous in faithful with the character you did fall in love with

but the game makes you feel bad for wanting to get rid of the girlfriend

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
it's okay brother and I hope you're doing well but yes I don't like

forced girlfriends

especially if I fall in love with someone else

and then you want to be monogamous in faithful with the character you did fall in love with

but the game makes you feel bad for wanting to get rid of the girlfriend
Yeah, I can understand that.

I plan to write a lengthy post on Patreon and here once the new version is available everywhere, touching on this subject and several others while also discussing the future of the game.

Sep 3, 2020

I plan to write a lengthy post on Patreon and here once the new version is available everywhere, touching on this subject and several others while also discussing the future of the game.
looking forward to it brother and it's really great to hear

from you and yeah I'm a monogamy player that likes to stick to

one woman and I don't do open relationships or cheat

so it feels really bad when you trying to avoid the girlfriend the game gives you

I mean she's really nice and it's not her fault but she's not my type

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023

I applaud, that you recognise the issues that many players have with forced romances. Many Devs are just - MC & ?? have a long and great history. Which may be true, but the player doesn't. He's only just met her and needs time to see if he feels the same way.

Julia seems very nice, but I don't know her (I understand where you got caught), meanwhile I have been able to develop a relationship with Anna (other players would be the same with other LIs), and have much greater feelings for Anna than Julia, so in solo LI game, Julia doesn't stand a chance with me.

I don't hate Julia at all, and I am going to feel like a real dick, when it comes to the breakup, but I have no choice. I as the player feel nothing for her.

I'm certainly not criticizing, just throwing my 20c out there. I love the game and any Dev willing to communicate and consider they may have made a mistake, deserves all the kudos and success.

PS - I hope everything has settled down a bit and got a little easier for you at home too. All the best my friend.

Jan 26, 2024
My bigger problem with Julia is not that she's starting GF, it's that she's just fine.
She's neither great nor bad, and so far the only way for MC to distance himself from her seems to be an ass + cheating on her.

Luckily, everything set in past is great so hey, lots of content anyway.
But Julia remains girlfriend in my playthrough, cheating sucks!

Full disclaimer: I really like Julia, but compared to some other LIs in this one, she's just average.
I agree. But if I remember right, there are some flashbacks with her. If the game work more on that, she could be a solid option to choice in the end.

But I don't think she will have enough time in the game for that.

4.30 star(s) 30 Votes