Do you prefer bigger updates or smaller, but more frequent ones?

• Larger releases (Current rate of about 1 Chapter per 3 months)

Votes: 1,430 88.3%
  • Smaller, regular updates every 1-1.5 months (Based on in-game days)

Votes: 189 11.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Can't argue with that. There was always going to be some degree of "God, what are you even thinking about?" that can be chalked up to the characters being too emotional or immature, but I'm not happy with how I arrived at this point either. Sadly, the shortcomings of my storytelling only became obvious to me once everything was done and published and I took a few days off to look at everything with fresh eyes.
IMO, it really isn't big deal enough to be considered as "shortcomings". Sure it's true that the characters are doing things in unsafe manner, but it's really a normal level of suspension of disbelief in most fictional story that is needed to move the plot. If all the characters are rational, they'd just stay home to be safe and let the police handle the issue, then the plot dies. Sure there are stupid things being done by the characters, but stupid people exist anyway. It really isn't a big deal.

I've also been stuck in a "people hate reworks, just keep moving the story forward and making new content" mindset a bit too much. That's another issue I want to bring up in my next public dev post.
I don't think there's really an issue big enough in this game that would require rework. IMO, rework is only needed if it's a big mess. This game definitely doesn't have such issue.

You're doing a great job so far.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
IMO, it really isn't big deal enough to be considered as "shortcomings". Sure it's true that the characters are doing things in unsafe manner, but it's really a normal level of suspension of disbelief in most fictional story that is needed to move the plot. If all the characters are rational, they'd just stay home to be safe and let the police handle the issue, then the plot dies. Sure there are stupid things being done by the characters, but stupid people exist anyway. It really isn't a big deal.

I don't think there's really an issue big enough in this game that would require rework. IMO, rework is only needed if it's a big mess. This game definitely doesn't have such issue.

You're doing a great job so far.
I greatly appreciate the more positive outlook, thank you.

And yes, it's nothing out of the ordinary for characters to make ill-advised decisions and I don't plan to rewrite everything completely. Instead, I'm considering expanding some scenes or adding some smaller scenes that precede the more baffling moments to help the player better understand why a character did what they did, even if it isn't the "logical" thing to do.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
In regards to the above, I don't think they are that bad either.

Anywho, all the very best! (y)
Appreciate all the legwork you do to rationalize that situation and it's similar to my line of thinking when I was writing the chapter, I just didn't present the logic behind such an approach clearly enough.

Lost gamer

Sep 5, 2017
Hello!
Are you using the modded version by any chance?

I just tried running a clean install on my laptop and PC and didn't have any issues getting past the language selector, so I'm quite puzzled by why you're having this issue.
I tried both clean and with the mod. Got stuck at the language screen both ways.

SalchichonRambo

Sep 18, 2024
Uhh how do you even get the Anna scene in ch 7? If I'm also in the Elena path, I get the threesome instead. If I'm only on Anna's path, Elena gets kidnapped and Anna doesn't get a scene either.

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
Seeking Closure Gallery Tweak MOD [0.7mab1] [asahibito]

NOTE: I know there is an existing gallery unlocker. This mod adds an unlock button to the gallery and does not overwrite game files.

OVERVIEW:
This mod adds a button to the game gallery that allows selective unlocking of scenes.

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Apr 29, 2021
Captain Crystallo Your work persists to impress inclusive of how you analyzed the shortcomings yourself which is kinda promising as a player to know that the Dev is self aware. But overall have to concur with what y'all discussed above don't think that the logic went too much out of the window there maybe a bit more context and tweaks here and there and it makes things plausible, then again though think you'll definitely know better as the creator. As usual though the new release didn't disappoint and it was interesting and fun throughout.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Captain Crystallo

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Captain Crystallo Your work persists to impress inclusive of how you analyzed the shortcomings yourself which is kinda promising as a player to know that the Dev is self aware. But overall have to concur with what y'all discussed above don't think that the logic went too much out of the window there maybe a bit more context and tweaks here and there and it makes things plausible, then again though think you'll definitely know better as the creator. As usual though the new release didn't disappoint and it was interesting and fun throughout.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)
Appreciate the kind words, as always. I'm trying to keep an open mind about what I might have done wrong/better without going overboard with my desire to "fix everything", which can be a tough balancing act that I'm still getting the hang of.

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Just starting - the backseat is definitely NOT safer than the front. I remember when I was in high school (way back in the late 80s/early 90s) there were accidents where the ones in front were OK/minor injuries while the ones in back were seriously injured (or killed in one case.) I didn't know them. Even now, the rear seats don't normally have shoulder belts or airbags - or the "fasten seat belts buzzer" that cars have had since the 70s at least for the front...

Reactions: Captain Crystallo

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020
Another strong episode with some intriguing plot reveals. Things are building nicely.

I am hugely invested in Katy and the MC so seeing Best Girl in peril was tough to watch!

Captain Crystallo, you're continuing to do really interesting work and you deserve a lot more support. Hope you are doing okay and continue to make this game stronger and stronger.

Captain Crystallo

Game Developer
Feb 1, 2023
Another strong episode with some intriguing plot reveals. Things are building nicely.

I am hugely invested in Katy and the MC so seeing Best Girl in peril was tough to watch!

Captain Crystallo, you're continuing to do really interesting work and you deserve a lot more support. Hope you are doing okay and continue to make this game stronger and stronger.
Thank you very much for the kind words! Glad to hear you're enjoying the game this much and I'll do my best to improve as I move forward.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Pendrell
4.30 star(s) 30 Votes