[S>Programmer] Seeking for knowledge.

Drimenlon

Jul 15, 2018
Hi. I have been downloading and enjoying games from this forum and now I want to see if I can contribute (curious how people make those things).

I'm currently a database programmer (Mongodb) using python for an University. I have made some websites with javascript/htmlt/css/bootstrap and PHP. But I have never program a game. That why I am posting here, I want to get some knowledge in games, I am interested in godot and RPG maker mostly but I have no problem with others engine.

I am serching for a not-that-complex game, so I can get familiar with how this thing actually works. My fetish is NTR (Don´t hate please!!) so if u game is about something like that would be perfect :D.

My native language is spanish, but I can use english good enough (I hope), i can speak catalan aswell and know some basic japanese (learning it!).

I dont want any payment but dont expect too much of me (have mercy xd)

ghwvjts

Jul 24, 2020
I've been using RPG Maker VX and VXA for about ten years now, and while I'm not still good at it, I can say it's a great engine to learn even without coding knowledge. It's an object-oriented software, so pretty much everything is in there: database, commands, etc.

However, many of the RPG games released by indie devs are compressed, so you can't simply take a look at their works (or take assets from their game). It shouldn't take too long to learn your way around RPGM, should only take an hour or two. Try making some basic actions on there, like making stuff move and how the database of RPGM works.

RPG Maker VX uses RGSS2, RGSS3 for VXA and Javascript fot MV. RGSS is Ruby language, by the way. Find an engine you're comfortable with before you start making a game. Jut my two cents.