[R>Programmer] Paid Seeking Steam Programmer help for my current game!

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Project:
-Karlsson's Gambit (please see my signature links for Patreon/game thread)

Developer:
Grym Gudinna Games
Patreon is

Looking for:
A basic program job helping with making game available as a free Steam release.

Employment Type:
One time payment job

Work commitment:
I think this isn't a gigantic time sink, but can discuss in more detail.

Preferred method of contact:
PM here is best, or Discord.

Job Description:
Hi all! I recently hit a specific pledge goal on my page, and one of the things I promised to try and do at the request of a few people is get a copy on Steam (a few people don't want to pledge on Patreon specifically) Now, I am pretty ignorant about Steam because I don't really play many "normal" games, so I am seeking help for someone to help make my current version (up to 0.4) work on Steam as an adult game. (if possible, perhaps it's not) So perhaps the code might need a few tweaks for achievements and some editing to make the game still an adult VN but ok on the platform. Prefer to work with someone pretty familiar with putting an adult game on Steam in the past if possible. (like how to apply for it, categorize and help put it together basically -- I can write a lot of descriptions/marketing, but still any helpful experience here goes a long way)

Additional comments:
I am also currently recruiting very quietly a coder and two artists for something, but it is not public yet. However, a coder working out here could translate long-term if it works out well too. Thank you for your time!

noway1

Nov 27, 2019
You should check, if you can actually provide a useful version of the game with the heavy content removed.
If not, better check on the terms you have with steam. If your heavy content violates the terms of steam, they may remove your game and in the worst case provide a refund to every owner. (Best case, they can keep the version and just do not sell further copies).
If they refund the player, you might be liable, since you violated their terms. Overall, you might lose money.
So I recommend you check that before. Of course, no risk no fun, your business.