Seeming lack of games to look forward to

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
Hey, is it just me or is there a noticeable lack of chatter about new games that are being developed or development is planned for? Yes, there are plenty of games that are already mid development (and will likely be in that state for years to come...) and are already on the website but lately I haven't noticed anyone bring up any "hey have you heard about this?" type of stuff.

I remember when people would get hyped for a new oneone1 title being in the works or the new scalegarden title. What else... People were talking about Karryn's Prison before there was a thread for it on this website. Cursed Armor 2, Nymphomania Priestess. That kind of deal. Where are all the rumors of new stuff? I don't really visit the forums all that much so maybe I've missed it but with all the mentioned titles before I'd come across people talking about them in random game threads. The hype was real.

Are there such titles? What are people excited about that maybe hasn't been translated yet or is only rumored to be developed by some crowd favorite dev?

Oct 14, 2022
I think we are currently in a period of time where people are tired of the same old crap in a new coat.
There are many games but when your choice is incest story 7341 or femdom story 1325 or harem builder 12524547 they all start too blur togather.

Nothing stands out anymore.

Last edited:

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
Yeah, that's the feeling I get too. Sucks. You'd think with the success that Karryn's Prison has seen other devs would take notice and make an exciting system for their new game instead of the same uninspired copy paste that gets churned out. It's almost more disappointing that people are buying those titles rather than the devs making them. :rolleyes:

I guess the only thing to look forward to right now are original text based games with AI art if someone could make it work and make the images look coherent and match the plot. :cautious:

Apr 25, 2019
A lot of the games made here are made in RPGM and ren´py. When a big amount of games are made in the same game-engine,
you end up feeling you have played it before, even if it has complete new assets and story.
Breaking the mold and feeling from a small and simple game-engine takes some technical understanding of the engine and unique ideas to be able to create a completely new feel of it all.

in the beginning of the H-game era everything felt new and exiting, because it was, our expectation where smaller back then cause we had next to non.
Now it have become one big blur of the same thing over and over again.
Newcomers have become spoiled for choice, in a sea of the same waters, where veterans are fishing for the next great thing.
This is where we the players become the problem, cause we are always looking for something better then our last catch.
if we catch a 1 kg. fish you want something bigger and better for you're next catch.
This will put pressure on the developers, to do bigger and better then the previous hits.
Players keep raising the bar for what is a good h-game, but it does not help that the majority of the developers keep lowering it.

There are 2 games in here that i personally are following the progress of because they don't feel like the others and actually provide some interaction and immersion to them:
- Some model agency
- Together BnB

Yeah i know one is so rough around the edges that it might cut your tits off while playing it.
The other will properly never get to a state of good h-content.

So for now i will just let my rod dangle in the water in hopes it will catch something good some day.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Yup, hgames are dry af nowadays and people are only hyped with reputable devs i.e NLT to deliver which they tend to do
i personally have a few devs which im keeping my eye on but thats about it

Nykus

Apr 26, 2018
Yup, hgames are dry af nowadays and people are only hyped with reputable devs i.e NLT to deliver which they tend to do
i personally have a few devs which im keeping my eye on but thats about it
Which devs are you keeping track of?

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
Which devs are you keeping track of?
NLT Media, Faerin, DrPinkCake, JimJim, kompas productions, nomeme and epiclust
however i used to get the game despite them being low version, now i tend to wait until a suitable version is released i.e 0.7/8 before actually downloading, since by the time i get to the end of that version, the game should be close to fully complete

Reactions: Nykus

JeFawk

Game Developer
Mar 8, 2023
Interesting thread I stumbled across :HideThePain:

I agree that a LOT of them are made in renpy with daz models. It's easiest and fastest. Doesn't require that much time, and a full blown game is extremely risky in this genre.

Doesn't help the fact that steam removes some every now and then.

Also the story, more than not, is just horrible.

This is exactly the premises why we (my gf and I) started making our own. Not in renply, and not with daz models.
While there is nothing wrong with ren'py nor daz, it gets repetitive fast when developers don't do anything too customized and they start looking super similar.

The biggest challenge for us is the word spreading and making the materials for marketing while also developing the game, the website, freelancing here and there, etc.

It seems nowadays that unless the game can be downloaded, there are very few places to post to gain a small following. Once you have a download link, forums promote them. I guess in part due to abandonware rising.

So while there could be games out there in development, it might just be too hard to notice them now than before.

Feel free to check our stuff out, we think it's pretty damn unique

Reactions: Nykus