RPGM - Completed - Seijin Shiki of Elves [Final] [Hoi Hoi Hoi]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Monosas17

I recommend using savedit to just boost your 2 stats to 100 and just enjoy the game.

It's not the most amazing story, but it's fast-paced and to the point unlike many other games that have a 30-minute introduction just to have a boring story afterward, good game but not amazing.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Omae wa shinda

Hoi hoi hoi poopy art strike again

This time with lewd elf
    Animation? Minimal anime movement and don't expect it to be good at all.
    Sex scene? Some scenes don't even look like humanoid fucking at all. It is bad.
    Story? Actually meh.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
    Overall? Meh. I like their previous works.
    At least their story got depth and twist.

You can try to play this game with guide to get all scene if you want
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Theftsorrow

Man the Gameplay in this one was total dog shit. I know in their previous game it was a tedious grind, but that RNG exhaustion mechanic is fucking GOD AWFUL. It can outright gate you from even completing the first trial after day 1 because you can't even rest to recover. The only recover method I saw was hanging out with the young elf girl after her breeding session, but it always ended up with him having a terrible day and contributed jack shit to improving his mood. At that point I just said fuck it and edited the stats so I could actually play the game. And well, after actually completing the game, the content...

God, compared to their previous two games it was a major let down in every regard. It was only at the very end regarding the "adult" end that made me actually laugh because it was so stupid but funny. The rest of the game though? Left a lot of shit to be desired and honestly one of the worst one's I played form HoiHoi, I kinda just wanna bleach this game from my mind and frankly I was disappointed as shit after enjoying the last 3 games.

Listen to the other reviews besides this one, they're not bias, they're fucking honest man.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

ScrollPast

The simple resource management is undercut by RNG and lack of information. To clarify, it may be the case that the RNG checks are scripted, but the lack of information about what to do still makes it RNG, much like a Mario Maker level with random death pipes. With little room for error, you just gotta brute force your way through. You don't even get a scene for getting a bad end.

There are a bunch of other little inconveniences, like the inability to save outside of free time, and the memory room not having any indication of which scene you are recalling.

I also don't like how when you fail, your coach just looks at you and says "you aren't ready" and then the game ends. Would have made a lot more sense for the MC to actually attempt the trial and fail mid-attempt.

I enjoyed the story and the art style enough to give it some credit. But it's amazing how game developers can make such awful game design choices.

Review of Final version.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Binklee

This game is fuckin horrible. I saw the poor ratings and was like "ehhh, that's probably just hyperbole, the art style looks fine and I'm okay with a shorter game, why not give it a shot?"

What a waste of my time. The mechanics of the game are RNG based, so you need to do a lot of save-scumming if you want to avoid the bad end. And I say "bad end" I don't mean the fun "we're all NTR enjoyers so we're aiming for the bad end" sort of ending. No, this bad end is literally just some lady saying "oops you failed the trial" then fade to black game over.

None of the characters make sense, you get almost no interaction with your love interest before the game effectively removes her from gameplay for the latter 75% of the game, and the MC randomly hot swaps who his love interest is. There's no room to grow attached these characters, the game punishes you for doing basically anything except training with the elf lady that's assigned to you. Let me repeat that: this NTR game, mechanically discourages you from NTR stuff like peeping on your rival or peeping on your girlfriend. All the stuff that would lead you down the NTR route in any other game, results in a failure state in this one. It's mind bogglingly stupid.

Please, don't make my mistake, don't ignore the ratings on this one. The game is offensively bad and a complete waste of your time. I know people tend to just slam a 1 star if they didn't like something and call it a day, so it feels easy to ignore those reviews as people who just wanted to hate a product or whatever; but trust me, I would give this 0 if I could.

Save yourselves brothers
  6. 1.00 star(s)

brast11

art looks great, too bad you´ll only see 3 cgis cause whatever the fuck conditions needed to advance are completely lost in tranlsation and make no sense whatsoever, be ready to reload every 2 minutes
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Marvin90

Very to the point and no build up at all. You won't have the time to get invested, because you will probably try to hang yourself from all the random success conditions you will have to spam "reload" on. Really not worth the time, even for the most avid and tolerant NTR fan. Easily skipped.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

AnonRX

It was a letdown, story is ok but the scenes left a lot to be desired, last few games from the group had some "animations", but this one is all static images, and the RNG is just too high so to progress you pretty much HAVE to use save edit.