VN - Ren'Py - Selara [Update 6] [Sacred Sage]

1. 5.00 star(s)

desolate sharidan

Amazing sci-fi AVN set in space. The game has absolutely beautiful renders, well-written characters, and the choices you make in this game actually feel like they have an impact. I know it's still early, but this game has potential to be really good. I'm really looking forward to the next updates.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

cumsumnida

It’s a bit early, but so far it’s a great action packed sci-fi story.

The writing is mostly solid, with characters well established and it’s fairly standard but done well.

The game uses AI generated voices, so wouldn’t be surprised if the script involved some AI as well.

The renders are solid, but you can see some render issues like fireflies and fuzzy renders showing here or there. I think some assets look a little odd too and don’t know how to feel about the aliens.

Characters are hot and fun and the most developed ones are the combative Karaline with the hot as fuck British accent, supportive AI red head Amelie and Zoe the mechanic.

There’s a stats system that isn’t explained well, but it helps affect the choices you make and scenes that get unlocked.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

JamesPT85

Really well written and entertaining. Great characters. I'm definitely looking forward to playing more of this in the future.

The only criticism I could think of at the moment is that the cast feels a little small. I think adding two or three more characters would make it feel more filled out. Since there are no aliens on the squad at the moment in the current version, I figure there are already plans in motion to increase the cast.

5/5
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Draxo

Update 3

Great world building, great characters. Can tell the writer knows a lot about this stuff (I liked the whole pulse reading thing from firearms, its one of those sci fi things that just borders on reality and seems feasible)

Just 1 point to improve on for now;

The consistency of in person and message interactions:
    - I love the concept of messaging, as it feels like that is something that would definitely happen in real life. However, sometimes the messages with the crewmates seem a bit...out of character for most, it feels like they are cordial in person (which is absolutely fine), yet on messages the characters are suddenly sending selfies, emojis, and being informal with the commander.
    - Imo, the messages could be more formal initially. I mean the MC is the commander, and he is also a stranger. So messages from his crewmates (who are also his subordinates) should feel cordial and formal. This imo would add more to the realism, and will make any future sexual encounters more fruitful and meaningful.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Crippy

I have watched the progression of this developer. Through the consistent updates of his previous game, which contributed to the numerous changes, made it an absolutely better and enjoyable game.

This developer has strived to provide a better product in every facet. Could the writing be better...sure. Does it develop characters and the story...absolutely. As long as the grammatical errors are kept to a minimum, then I can get through it.

Selara has already proven the painstaking steps the developer has already taken to better his skills. All the main characters are being introduced and developed that sets the stage for the story advancement. I fully appreciate the direction that this new game is going and I look forward to the future updates.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Aoikun

So far so good. Nice animations, great renders and I kinda enjoy having a fully voiced game, even is it's AI.
    It has also many sound effects and details like that, and it looks like it's going to have a good variety of content.
    Recommended if you like Sci Fi
  7. 2.00 star(s)

quyen1998

Promising game. But It's being held back by meaningless trivia. Renders are great. But the pacing is not. The main culprit is the writing. So much exposition to slouch through. The writing feels like mainly written by A.I, The dialogue is really boring at the time filling those deadpan face renders. The gameplay also reinforces the idea that your choices can feel meaningless. A decent amount of effort is wasted. I guess I'll be seeing in a year.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Badkarmakid

Review of Update 3

Well I have to say that this game was a very nice surprise. I am fond of sci-fi settings and this one is done really quite well. It's still early days but there is enough worldbuilding (galaxybuilding since the game takes place in space?) that is done to give you a picture of the setting you are dropped into. And you are dropped into it, right into the middle of a mutiny that you immediately have to thwart to regain control of your new ship. The pacing of the story is great putting you direcly into the action and explaining what is neccesary at the time instead of frontloading all of it and making it boring.

The RPG elements are implemented quite nicely and seemlessly. So far it doesn't seem like you will be locked out of content for not having enough "stats" but instead the outcome of scenes may vary a little bit depending on how you played up to that point.

All of the LIs are attractive and have very different personalities which is always a plus. There are only a couple of H-scenes in the game so far but the animations for them are top notch in quality. As are all of the renders in the game, I didn't notice any flaws in the rendering but I'm also not an expert in the field all I know is that it's a very good looking game.

As others have stated the whole game is voiced artificially and while it is far from the worst I've ever heard it isn't great either. With voice synthesything AI on the rise maybe someday a game will be made with good artificial voices but this isn't quite it. Not going to let that detract from my rating however since you can simply mute the voices if you don't like them. The other audio however such as the music and moaning during H-scenes is done well and adds a good amount of depth and ambiance to the story.

With the introduction of our first alien species in this latest update I am very excited to see where the story goes. I would highly recommend you give this game a shot it's very much worth the time!

One minor complaint I have is that upon reaching the end of the current version there isn't a proper ending screen and it just kicks you back to the main menu. At first I thought my game glitched but I guess thats just how it is. A little jarring, adding a proper "end of current version" screen would be a nice addition I feel.

P.S. AI Waifu Amelia is the best, fight me!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

V4mpire

I quite like the start of this, also the bonus is the the voices aren't as bad as many computer generated voice services i've sampled, they all often have a robotic sound to them, so thankfully this avoids it for the most part.

I do like the sci-fi theme, as for preference on models so far, for me, it has to be Zoe and Amelia.

Interesting to see where this goes!!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Websoul

The graphics are top notch as usual. Might even be better than Reclusive Bay. Or I just love the Sci-Fi looks more :)

The voice acting works very well and feels natural to the game. That combined with the choices you have make it feel more like an RPG game than a visual novel.

Well done on the first chapter. Can't wait for the next one.