• Search is back up, but the index is being rebuilt, there may still be some minor problems until this is complete.

Ren'Py Selected screen

PlayWithMe

Feb 5, 2019
Hey, I was messing with renpy a bit and a problem happened, I want to remove the text that says in what screen we are right now but can't find the propriety that allows switching that. The image shows what I want. The navigation menu is done with images.

I suspect that the propriety that puts the text on the screen gives an xpos so my Settings buttons go to the right.

Thanks.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Hey, I was messing with renpy a bit and a problem happened, I want to remove the text that says in what screen we are right now but can't find the propriety that allows switching that. The image shows what I want. The navigation menu is done with images.

I suspect that the propriety that puts the text on the screen gives an xpos so my Settings buttons go to the right.

Thanks.
These screens are implemented in a slightly complicated way. If you look in screens.rpy, you'll find
Code:
screen preferences():
which is the preferences screen. The actual word "Preferences", however, ends up on the screen via the
Code:
use game_menu(_("Preferences"), scroll="viewport"):
command. What this does is to pull in the game_menu screen as a sub-screen. Thus, the game_menu screen provides the overall layout for all the game screens. In game_menu, you'll eventually find a "transclude" statement. What this does is take the content that's indented under the
Code:
back in the preferences screen, and insert it at that point.

So, basically, game_menu serves as a template, with the information in the right hand pane being "transcluded" from the preferences screen definition.

So what you want to do is to edit screens.rpy. If you want to remove ALL the screen names, then just remove or comment out the
Code:
label title
line right near the end of the game_menu screen. If you want to do it for just the preferences screen, easiest way is to edit the preferences screen so that it passes an empty string in to the
Code:
statement.

PlayWithMe

Feb 5, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks that works for the title. What probably does is write nothing which solves the problem.
I hadn't noticed that is on screen on top of the other (i had visually, but not looking at a part of the code and see which the one that does that).

so a digged in the function
game_menu()
and to change xpos of the title the code is the following:

Code:
style game_menu_label:
    #xpos 75
    ysize 180
but unlike I expected does nothing to my button "Settings". I must be missing something...

And I want to remove the title from all screens (now that I know how to change is place maybe I will put it on the middle, my problem was then on the game, for example, load another save the buttons and the title overlapped each other)

PlayWithMe

Feb 5, 2019
Because both you and Rich haven't dig deep enough. There's a third level of screen, and the buttons are in the navigation screen.
Worked thanks.

The options on navigation screen had a xpos by default and then I switched to images didn't delete it...
I was changing xpos with
Code:
transform slide_plates:
    on hover:
        easein 0.1 xpos -0.07
    on idle:
        easein 0.1 xpos -0.37
to fixing it.

Anyways solved.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Because both you and Rich haven't dig deep enough. There's a third level of screen, and the buttons are in the navigation screen.
Ya, my response was focused on the title, not the navigation part. That's the other component of all those screens.

Reactions: PlayWithMe