VN Ren'Py Seraphic [Development Thread]

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Hello, my name is Hermes and I am a writer.
Hi, I am Kengen, 3D artist.
Together we make up Eronautics, and we are excited to bring to you Seraphic!

Patreon Banner.png

So, where do we start?
I think you should jump right into the story.
Right! I believe that's a great way to introduce our game.

f95zone Banner.png

You and 30 strangers find yourselves in a place that defies all logic. Sure, the inside looks like a majestic hotel, but the outside is, well, wrong.

Because the hotel itself is floating in deep space.

5.jpg

You and the other survivors are guided by a mysterious voice, who wants you to take each floor as you move deeper into the hotel. Along the way, you partake in challenges and missions where your very lives are at risk. That's not all. Each floor seems to bend time and space. One moment, you find yourself in a majestic lobby and the next, you are in a forest. It is up to you, along with your friends, to find the purpose of the hotel.

The story is a fusion of several genres, including fantasy, sci-fi, and the supernatural. The idea is to bring you a story that keeps you on the edge of your seat as you guess what is happening, while also bringing characters you are going to enjoy interacting with.

f95zone Banner - 2.png

So we have two categories of tags. The gameplay tags represent 3D design, effects, sex scenes (all the kinky stuff), and other visual and game stuff. The story tags will you a better idea of the themes of the story.

GameplayStory
  • 3DCG
  • Ren'py
  • Straight
  • Lesbian
  • Threesome
  • Incest
  • Oral Sex
  • Masturbation
  • Teasing
  • Handjob
  • Futa/Trans (Optional)
  • Male protagonist
  • Fantasy
  • Supernatural
  • Sci-fi
  • Lovecraftian
  • Action
  • Romance
  • Mystery

There's quite a bit of Lovecraftian elements mixed in as well! You're going to love some of that cosmic supernatural stuff (no gore, so don't worry about finding any of that squeamish body-horror or any horror stuff).

f95zone Banner - 3.png

The world we have built has a deep lore behind it. It may not be obvious in the beginning, but I'm sure you're going to find out several connections. Imagine if Inception, Aliens, and X-Files had a threesome and somehow they made a baby (could be possible, since this is a fantasy, sci-fi, and supernatural game after all). This VN is going to blend elements from all of them (plus more).

Sex! After all, this is an adult VN, so that's pretty important. We want to bring something for many players and people. You can have any sexual orientation, but we want you to have fun with this game :)

15.jpg

This brings us to the characters themselves. They aren't one-dimensional. Each character has arcs, complex motivations, and engrossing stories. We don't want to distinguish between heroes and villains with a stark contrast. Humans are several shades of gray, and so are our characters. What we want is for you to love them all, despite their quirks, mistakes, weaknesses, ethos, and pathos.

Several choices are going to affect the scenes, allowing you to see small and big changes. For example, you could make a choice and not only will a character say something different in a scene, but a later scene might change entirely.

f95zone Banner - 4.png
So we are currently working towards the first Chapter. Our progress so far is:
Story: 100%
Design/Visuals: 70%
Programming: 40%

We're aiming to finish everything by the end of August. This will allow us to test the game before its launch. We are aiming for an end of September, beginning of October launch. The reason for this is that we want to take any feedback from the play tests and see if we need to add or remove anything. Also, any bug fixes (fingers and toes crossed there aren't any).

f95zone Banner - 5.png
We would love for you to follow our development journey. Our socials are going to be a smorgasbord of updates, memes, conversations, and just anything interesting that pops into our brains at that time (yea, we are weird like that).

| |
Coming soon:
itch.io page
TikTok (I mean, why not?)

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Looks like someone is being sneaky. For what, I wonder? Here is a quick sneak peek (pun intended) at a prelude to a tasty scene.
I love the shadows on this one. My thought process was that the interior should more or less look like they are in space without a lot of natural sunlight. Mysterious shadows and all that.
Don't give out any spoilers.

This is definitely not a spoiler.
Yep. Since this scene takes place before that intense sequence.
You mean—
No spoilers.
Right. Indeed.

12.jpg

Eezergoode

Oct 31, 2017
You have definitely piqued my curiosity and interest. I am very much looking forward to your initial release. I know it is a bit early on, but what type of release cycle are you expecting, or shooting for?

Reactions: Eronautic

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
You have definitely piqued my curiosity and interest. I am very much looking forward to your initial release. I know it is a bit early on, but what type of release cycle are you expecting, or shooting for?
Hey Eezergoode ! This is an important question indeed.

We are aiming for a 2-3 month cycle. It is true that in the world of VNs, that's actually pretty long. However, there is a strong reason behind it. Each release is going to have a good chunk of gameplay, branching stories, sex scenes, story progression, and character development. Moreover, each chapter will take place in a different environment, featuring unique challenges, mysteries and puzzles.

In the spirit of transparency, I can say that the next chapter (Chapter 2) is going to be split into 3 parts, each part taking one of the arcs of a 3-arc structure; setup, confrontation, and resolution. Each part/arc is like a chapter of its own. For example, the setup arc itself is going to build the characters, show conflicts, raise twists, and grow relationships, and have multiple paths to explore. There's even a choice from Chapter 1 that will heavily influence how multiple characters will interact with you and whether you will even have scenes with them.

Essentially, instead of having a chapter split into several 'version' releases, we'll just create three big arcs that will effectively tell the story and have plenty of scenes for the players :)

Eezergoode

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, in the world of indy VN development, a 2-3 month release cycles is pretty good. While I do see quite a few on a once a month cycle, very few of thoserelease a substantial amount of content, or release with high quality art and/or writing. Granted, there are always exceptions, but most of the time I prefer a slightly longer cycle with more and better content. I am eagerly awaiting your initial release. This one sounds right up my alley. I am also very happy to NOT see the 'dreaded' three letter tag that stirs up so much crap on here, and that the futa/trans content is optional. Neither of those would kill a game for me, but I do find that making them optional or even non-existent make for a more fun experience for me.

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Honestly, in the world of indy VN development, a 2-3 month release cycles is pretty good. While I do see quite a few on a once a month cycle, very few of thoserelease a substantial amount of content, or release with high quality art and/or writing. Granted, there are always exceptions, but most of the time I prefer a slightly longer cycle with more and better content. I am eagerly awaiting your initial release. This one sounds right up my alley. I am also very happy to NOT see the 'dreaded' three letter tag that stirs up so much crap on here, and that the futa/trans content is optional. Neither of those would kill a game for me, but I do find that making them optional or even non-existent make for a more fun experience for me.
Thank you!

We cannot wait for you and other players to delve into our world.

We want to build something where we are giving the players the choice to interact. Even if someone does not want to engage with a character sexually, we still want that character to be endearing, human, and understandable.

Your response means a lot :)

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
I suppose now would also be a perfect time to release that special NSFW surprise. Just a little render I created while working on the others. Presenting, the first three characters you (our handsome MC), will be interacting with.

first4_intel - Copy.jpg

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
20 characters created and counting. We are hoping to add as many options for the players as possible, but introduce each character intermittently, allowing them to naturally enter the scene and display their personalities. Keep a lookout on this page as we are going to introduce character profiles, with a little twist ;)

mirgin

Jan 16, 2021
Out of those 20 characters how many of them can be futa/trans? :^) Really looking forward to this universe you've created.

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Out of those 20 characters how many of them can be futa/trans? :^) Really looking forward to this universe you've created.
Awesome question!

So far, we have 11 female, 7 futa/trans and 2 male characters (including the MC). But there's going to be more added too. The trans characters aren't just characters that will pop in and out of the frame. They are part of the main roster. In fact, each and every one of the 20 characters play a vital role in the story and will have an arc. We are going to introduce them slowly with each chapter/arc release :)

EDIT: In fact, 20 isn't the upper limit and we are going to introduce more cool characters. We are taking our time with them because we want to brainstorm how they will fit into the story, their personalities, and their arcs. We want them to have substance and color.

Reactions: mirgin

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
The characters in our VN hail from different countries, from Germany to Thailand to Mexico to Jamaica. On that note, we would love to celebrate their unique traits by celebrating the awesome holidays of their country of origins.

Today, we wish all our German friends on this platform a happy Republic Day.

Germany.png

Reactions: Reifon

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Time to explore the characters a bit more. The idea is to give everyone a nuanced personality. Nobody is perfectly nice. But neither is anyone a difficult personality just because they have to be to introduce annoying characters. Now there is nothing inherently wrong with that, because it adds drama. But we feel it's more important to give characters a well-rounded personality.

Today, we shall look into the MC.

MC
MC2_intel.jpg

NameMC
Positive traits
  • Intelligent
  • Honest
  • Naturally empathetic
  • Resourceful
Negative traits
  • Egotistical
  • Can be indifferent
  • Does not easily form romantic connections

If the MC was one major arcana, he would be:
Magician-Tarot-Card-Wallpaper.jpg
You are the MC. The Arcana tells you that you have many gifts that others do not hold. These skills set you apart from the crowd. You shouldn't wait. Make your decisions and forge a path ahead.

But what kind of path will you create?

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
As we had mentioned, our characters come from different parts of the world. One of our characters is from Vietnam.

Today, we're wishing all the Vietnamese friends on this server a happy National Day.

Vietnam National Day.png

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Getting closer to the Demo launch date. Proofreading is a pain!

On a more lighter note, created the profile for one more trans character.

Male2
Female13
Trans8

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Always good to see more good games with trans/futa content in development, will keep my eye on this :)

Eronautic

Jul 26, 2022
Always good to see more good games with trans/futa content in development, will keep my eye on this :)

Thank you doku99! Your support means a lot. We want to make sure that the trans/futa characters are well-developed and have great character arcs :)