Unity - Completed - Sex & Drift [Final] [Octo Games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

gigi4ever

Ooh boy, where do i start with this one.
    - 3 maps with 3 variation each. Pitch black night, blinding white morning and Fog of war
    -3 types of races. Bending laws of physics Drifting, Wall huger 8000 Racing and Brain dead Boss Racing.
    -The driving ... atrocious.
    -The sex scenes ... Meh. Aside for the freaky look of some characters have, the scenes and animations are average at best.
    -The experience ... Whatever you're thinking it's wrong. You just click on the race, win race, unlock picture in title screen. Nothing else in between.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Cartageno

Yeah, uh, this is not a good game.

First of all, I didn't find the driving itself as atrocious as some other reviewers apparently did. Sure, it ain't a driving game, but it ain't worse than Cyberpunk's driving. Okay, maybe it is as atrocious.

But yeah, to a degree I found the driving enjoyable. That degree was reached when I knew all three tracks already mentioned. The "drift" track is the only one with actual race track features, both other tracks only feature soft curves and no interesting spots where you might need tactics or dexterity. Just go full speed all the time and turn a bit when needed. Your middle finger (or whichever you use for the W key) will become sore from being pressed down for minutes on end though. Also the tracks are extremely different in length (city course about 1 minute per lap, countryside over 3 minutes) so different races take a lot of different time.

As mentioned, the AI is atrocious and not really an AI at all. There is a pre defined line which they will go to immediately, leading to the mentioned crashes at the start, and also to the fact that they will never overtake one another - if the car behind is faster, it will stay behind, bumper to bumper as if pushing the one before it. Also, the cars use a random selection of the models you can buy for yourself but there is no discernible correlation between the car and the physical attributes of AI drivers.

In the main menu you can pick to "launch game" - and you will have to do so often because for whatever reason after a race you will be put back here instead of the race track pick menu. That also means only one save.

The "picking" menu allows for one training "drift" track (which is not the drift course), one training "race" track (which you will use to grind money since it offers 15k every 2.5 minutes), and a couple of areas where girl "bosses" are. There is no indication about the girls, whether they are a different difficulty (seems like they are not), who they are, just a name and a picture, small and pixelly. To get to a girl, you first have to win a "drift" race, then a "race" race, and then race the girl.

I did not have the bug mentioned in another review with upgrades not carrying over to the next race (though the stat display is a bit wonky in that regard, the racing behaviour clearly included the upgrades), but I did have many others. Race wins not registering. Suddenly dropping from 1st to 4th position without any AI cars in the vicinity. Cash not registering. No fastest rounds.

As for the lewds, I was "lucky" that another bug unlocked them all already after winning the "drift" race, so I could just watch the gallery. One "sexy" pic, then the same pic with clothing removed, a blowjob scene from different angles, a sex scene from different angles, totalling nine because the same scene counts multiple times depending on how you watch it.

The girls have no introduction, no characteristics apart from their looks and, if you want, their name. Unless some bug also made me miss dialogue.

In the end a coveted 1 star bugfest. Without bugs and at least some context somewhere in game it might have gotten three.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

helixfossil

[Final]

If I could rate 0 stars I would. Skip this game.

Car physics are awful, the car will stick itself in overdrive, become absolutely gutless, and then never downshift. It will keep shaving speed until you get swallowed by the pack.

Upgrades don't seem to carry over between races,.

If you try and challenge a girl, every car in every subsequent race becomes her car, so if you thought you could just grind for a better car and challenge her again, guess again.

I haven't even gotten to the sex scenes so who knows if they're even worth it.

This should be a demo, not the final build.

The concept as a whole is great. The execution is awful. All I can hope is that someone sees what a mess this is and strives to make something better.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Ple Bo

This game is actually dogshit
    there's only 3 maps
    1: a actual drift map
    2: wide open highway driving map (no drifting)
    3: wide open city driving map (no drifting)
    each map also has day and night modes
    Handling of vehicles is terrible
    AI is terrible at the beginning of every race they drive into each other.
    Gameplay is terrible.
    Play the same 3 maps over and over in order to buy the best vehicle and upgrade which is forced because when you reach the boss levels their vehicles are insanely fast
    5 character 9 unlocks each character
    playing this game 45 times to get everything should get you sent to a mental institution for a psych eval.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

kajikaizoku

This game is not worth the time. there are only 3 different tracks (1 for each style). The renders are just okay in the end. But the Car controls are bad... honestly the base car is the only one that feels decent to use. The Best Car in the game (cost around 98k with all upgrades) is very fast, and has the best controls, but feels like you either cant turn or the car is on ICE. And for Street racing I find it funny how much the AI wants to wreck their cars just to mildly inconvenience you.

All in all I can not recommend the game. its just a chore to play with bad car controls for honestly not amazing renders. You don't really feel like you earn it since there is no story its just chose a lady do 3 races get animated renders. which you have to leave the game and go to the main menu to even see in the gallery.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

TotalCritter

The handling feels wack

and Funnily enough the car physics is so fucking odd. Like what the fuck man, it doesn't even downshift and I mean it RARELY downshifts during deceleration. And during acceleration it suddenly upshifts to the max gear.

No manual transmission to remedy this problem either, like what in the name of fucking hell man. Honestly though it's just boring, AI are also wack and just odd.

Even Juiced 2's automatic transmission which I think was odd turns out to be better than this game because the car downshifts itself when exiting a corner

Sex scenes, is just nah.

Overall 2/10. Not even a good game when you can get Street Racing Syndicate which has the same price but better handling. Eventho' the "sex scenes" are just girls dancing