Sex Scene Length

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
So I'm writing a sex scene with 2 major variations that total to about 4000 words of dirty talk, so 2000 words each path. I'm aiming at a jerk session of about 10 minutes on any path. An assumption I'm making is that the average reading speed is about 200 words per minute, so 200 words x 10 minutes is 2000 words. Assuming that the CG's amount is not a concern (have a good variety of images for the text), I have two questions:

1. Do you read faster or slower when the text is dirty talk and you're presumably jerking?

2. Taking into consideration the answer from above, will 2000 words of dirty talk fatigue you?

The chief concern of mine is sex scenes being too short and having to get half a wank out in one sex scene, read through 30 minutes and having to wake up the poor guy to finish the next half of your wank session. It's a shortcut to erectile disfunction if you ask me. It's why I want to write long sex scenes with meatier content. On the other end of the spectrum though, eye strain from reading too much is definitely a thing I want to avoid. Also, I feel like there's definitely a set limit on the possible variations of dirty talk you can write, so after 50,000 words of dirty talk, it does start to sound pretty similar and I don't want to get into a situation where people develop dirty talk immunity.

DonTaco

Compensating for length
Game Developer
Feb 25, 2021
I have never seen someone as dedicated to dirty talk dialog, and who cared so much about my erectile dysfunction. You are a real hero my friend.

As for your question I tend to read faster. but depends a lot about the quality of the text, after all no one wants to be reading 4000 words of "Ooh"s and "Ahh"s.

2000 words will probably fatigue me, but I’m not a man of words. That said I always consider a plus when a text heavy game or VN puts more effort in his dirty dialog as well. You can always skip it if you are tired, but there will be always more for you to chew on if you like it.

Take what I say with a grain of salt. I’m a game designer, not a writer.

Reactions: Mimir's Lab

Staimh

Dec 12, 2020
A click or two is OK but don't want to have to scroll through text
I guess for me it's a bit like the patting head while rubbing tummy conundrum

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
I have not found until now a game that has good enough writing for me to want to really read dialog during a sex scene. (more than a few words per image)
I would probably just skip as I am more of a visual person (I think most men are).
If the writing was really good, maybe I would go through it but I don't know... feel like a lot of dirty talk.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
purely depends on the person playing, they may enjoy the dirty talk and might not be overtly horny, at the same time there will be people who will click through it furiously trying to see the next cg, so i would say its upto you dev