Sex scenes and music?

Do you like to have background music in sex scenes?

• Always yes

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes, but only if the scene is voiced

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yes, but only if the scene is NOT voiced

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters

Kodra_Dev

Aug 28, 2022
As title. Do you prefer the sex scenes with music or without?

And if yes, which games have the best music choices for sex scenes, in your opinion?

Scruffles DEV

Fuckass
Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Having the right music can absolutely set the mood when considering emotions, mood of the scene, the context of the scene, etc, and can especially heighten the experience.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Are you creating or paying for original music that is part of the game and defines it? If so then by all means yes.

Are you just using royalty free music or songs that are extremely overused? Than no thanks, this can have the opposite effect of what you might be expecting.

Sometimes less is more.

AugustEsoterica

Game Developer
Mar 31, 2023
Been struggling with this myself. I think less is more in a lot of cases, but some subtle BGM isn't bad either as long as it's not terrible.

TessaXYZ

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2020
Good music choice = sex scene is much better than it is without music
Poor music choice = sex scene is much worse than it is without music
But in general, all scenes in a game should have some kind of audio, whether it's music or ambient sounds.

Reactions: Scruffles DEV

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
Most of the time the first thing I do is turn off the music, because it doesnt fit with general tempo of the game or grabs too much attention so its bad as background.

But it is great to have some background ambient sounds like wind, birds, rain, cars...

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
It really depends on the mood and scene, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, as everything. For example, when I go to youtube I want to see some music and not tits.