4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Like the beginning and how we still get the characters in potentially sexy situations, Xel looks like she will be fun.

HollowVoice

May 26, 2017
I don't buy that these are new models, even without Llamamann coming here and saying so. New models means more work, and if he was going to put in that work, he wouldn't make it worse except by mistake. Which, maybe, it's plausible; but when I look at the shots, I see a different problem.

Mai, for example:

1727186116053.png

Or worse:
1727186157212.png

I resized these, but the full size version has the same detail I'm referring to. It's all around the eyes. The bottom one looks especially unfortunate, like she just got up after one hour of sleep. But all this is suggesting to me is the elevator lighting being in a bad place for that shot, possibly with a bad shader algorithm(?) not handling diffusion well enough. End result is a lot of shadow under the eyes that probably wasn't intended. If the light was further forward in the elevator roof, this would probably go away.

If the model is a problem at all, it might be the cheekbone not coming up high enough, based on what I'm seeing here:
1727186420579.png

But that's all. Mostly just lighting. I'm betting that if Llamamann thought it was important enough, he could scoot the light forward, re-render this sequence, done.

If it were me, I totally would, assuming it's a few hours of rework - this is Mai's first impression in Recalibrated and I'm sure he's going for a total tease show here; given that, why have the bags? Unless it's foreshadowing? Pun not intended?

--

For that matter, the fact that this is a tech demo tells me all these images are subject to tweaking, so I'm not going to agonize over this. I'll admit I was slightly disappointed that the Hot Squad wasn't sporting all new outfits for university season (MC's outfit makes more sense), but I know there'll be new outfits later anyway.

Which reminds me of the freckles. I do miss them, but again, I suspect the lighting is just wiping them out.

The lighting isn't what I'd call a step back, either. I think shader improvements can sometimes look worse in certain shots. I remember going from Portal to Portal 2, and the sequel definitely had better environment overall, but I remember the lighting looking a bit smudged at first. I was too used to the earlier shader with its inferior diffusion. I have no idea if that's what's happening here; it's just a thought that crossed my mind.

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I don't buy that these are new models, even without Llamamann coming here and saying so. New models means more work, and if he was going to put in that work, he wouldn't make it worse except by mistake. Which, maybe, it's plausible; but when I look at the shots, I see a different problem.

Mai, for example:

View attachment 4065785

Or worse:
View attachment 4065789

I resized these, but the full size version has the same detail I'm referring to. It's all around the eyes. The bottom one looks especially unfortunate, like she just got up after one hour of sleep. But all this is suggesting to me is the elevator lighting being in a bad place for that shot, possibly with a bad shader algorithm(?) not handling diffusion well enough. End result is a lot of shadow under the eyes that probably wasn't intended. If the light was further forward in the elevator roof, this would probably go away.

If the model is a problem at all, it might be the cheekbone not coming up high enough, based on what I'm seeing here:
View attachment 4065802

But that's all. Mostly just lighting. I'm betting that if Llamamann thought it was important enough, he could scoot the light forward, re-render this sequence, done.

If it were me, I totally would, assuming it's a few hours of rework - this is Mai's first impression in Recalibrated and I'm sure he's going for a total tease show here; given that, why have the bags? Unless it's foreshadowing? Pun not intended?

--

For that matter, the fact that this is a tech demo tells me all these images are subject to tweaking, so I'm not going to agonize over this. I'll admit I was slightly disappointed that the Hot Squad wasn't sporting all new outfits for university season (MC's outfit makes more sense), but I know there'll be new outfits later anyway.

Which reminds me of the freckles. I do miss them, but again, I suspect the lighting is just wiping them out.

The lighting isn't what I'd call a step back, either. I think shader improvements can sometimes look worse in certain shots. I remember going from Portal to Portal 2, and the sequel definitely had better environment overall, but I remember the lighting looking a bit smudged at first. I was too used to the earlier shader with its inferior diffusion. I have no idea if that's what's happening here; it's just a thought that crossed my mind.
Most of this stuff is being addressed. The Mai issue was cuz she had two eyelash instances, so I rerendered and removed one. The lighting in the elevator isnt great, just a top down light in a box, but that is typically how elevators go, so I didnt change it.

I rerendered the hot squad images with more iterations, which helped a bit. Mostly its a big environment, with lots of models, and another new set. They will look better in the hallway sequences etc.

Lastly I redid Meiko's scene with brighter lighting, it was set to the evening value by mistake.

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
Get your Sexbot Recalibrated Fan Sigs here! Thanks to DeGary! (Don't forget you can hyperlink these to this thread in your signature) Enjoy!
View attachment 4065717 View attachment 4065718 View attachment 4065720 View attachment 4065721 View attachment 4065722 View attachment 4065723 View attachment 4065724
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Does Llamamann have a foot fetish? All the intrigue starts with sexy feet 1000222856.gif

HollowVoice

May 26, 2017
Most of this stuff is being addressed. The Mai issue was cuz she had two eyelash instances ...
So I was wrong about exactly what was goofed up, but this is generally what I expected: minor stuff, to be fixed, because tech demo.

So yeah, this is why I'm not worried. :)

I do stand by one of the things I said: if this is Mai's big first impression, it's probably worth tweaking the elevator light at least a little (unless it turns out to be a major hassle somehow). OTOH, maybe the eyelash fix will solve the problem. Sounds like we'll find out!

I should say: I think that Mai model is otherwise freaking perfect for what the character is - yandere girl picks her perfect bod and goes maybe overboard with it. I'm surprised the MC isn't in full on "panic+horny" mode around her, and if he isn't, that ought to bother her.

(I'm kinda surprised her personality ended up changing along with her bod. She seems more chill. I wonder what's going on.)

Reactions: Llamamann

ShinyMetalAssKnight7xl9

Sep 23, 2019
Nice! Just a question is the NTR gone? Kinda liked it seeing the MC fail, and also sharing the Milf with the Bot was awesome, I wonder if we are going to share other girls with her as well
Anyways can't wait for the sequel to continue this amazing story

Reactions: Bob Jewl

estteno

Apr 4, 2022
First teaser for Sexbot recalibrated is up on ! And the other place too
Hey sorry to bother, but I found a 2 bugs and a spelling mistake in the recalibrated tech demo that should be fixed for the initial release (not renders)
  • When the game asks for your name, it says YOU'RE, not YOUR
  • When trying to see Meiko's stats on the phone her icon shows up twice messing up the rest of the list
  • When trying to see Xel's stats on the phone it throws an exception about xel not being defined yet

Reactions: Llamamann
4.70 star(s) 3 Votes