4.70 star(s) 3 Votes

MaxBouch

Jul 24, 2018
View attachment 4042585

Overview:
The continuation of SexBot

Tech Demo
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thread Updated: 2024-09-17
Release Date: 2024-09-17
Developer: LlamaMann Games - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 2.00 techdemo
Language: English
Other Games: Link
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - - PIXELDRAIN - - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 4042636 View attachment 4042606 View attachment 4042614 View attachment 4042637 View attachment 4042607 View attachment 4042638 View attachment 4042611
View attachment 4042635 View attachment 4042608 View attachment 4042615 View attachment 4042609 View attachment 4042612 View attachment 4042618 View attachment 4042616
Where futa ? :(

OddityOne

Jan 31, 2018
oh, hell yes. So looking forward to This!
more characters looks nice, too. any chance of a wider set of optional/simple copies of found story scenes as click and play for a wider set of varied ladies?

slightly weirded by the character in image 3 (4066816_screenshot0009.png)

gun506

Dec 1, 2017
As one of my favorite games, I'm feeling a bit "meh" about the implied trajectory.

First, I question the importance of all these tech updates. I don't really care about receiving text messages and photos. Instead of wasting time on all that, I'd rather see more focus on quality scene construction. However, if the phone ends up helping the player to navigate the content more easily, then it's good. But as a means to build tension between the MC and other characters . . . *shrugs.*

To me, it's always more about content over the tech stuff (assuming the tech stuff isn't overly broken), and this update makes me question the content to come. First, several of the characters' stories seem to be reset (Ashley's, Bailey's, Jessica's, etc.). If months of updates focus on regrinding the relationships between the MC and these characters, only to get those relationships to where they had been at the end of the first game, then I'd probably stop bothering to play. Why retread old ground? Why not just make a new cast of characters to play around with? At the very least, if this game restarts most of the relationships, then the graphic design for the characters should be updated--that is, the characters should be polished. I would have been delighted to see a lot of the characters redesigned/upgraded; Llamaman's characters are hot--but they're not the best in the industry by far.

But, hey, here's a new phone.

Speaking of characters, I'll give credit for Xel--awesome character. The new Lexx is decent, but the Mai character is the weakest Llamaman's ever produced. Jessica's new outfit is crap when compared with her old one. Of course, these are my opinions.

As for the story of Sexbot, I was somewhat interested in it. In the first game, the game ended up focusing much more on building up relationships and taking girls to the prom, and it only hinted at a larger story at play. I would expect and hope that story be expanded upon from the start and that Recalibrated is not, in essence, a reset.

Of course, I realize this is the first update. I could easily end up being wrong, because I know Llamaman is a smart dude and knows his bizness.
The relationships clearly aren't reset to the beginning of the first game though and retreading areas is quite literally a core part of the first game as part of the time traveling story and the content. The tech update expands well past "hey, here's a new phone.". llamamann wanted to create phase 2 to avoid too many file sizes and too large of a download and worked on the coding to develop a game that would run even smoother then the first game. Rather than talking shit about it I think they deserves some praise for putting in effort and actually taking time to try to smooth out and improve things while continuing his story instead of what many other developers do and just milk patrons with extremely delayed or slow updates or by remaking the exact same thing with hardly any changes while reusing most assets. it wasn't even that big of a delay to set this one up compared to content releases from before.

gun506

Dec 1, 2017
Yeah, so my point still stands about this game risking treading old ground. Sure, a few things might have changed . . . but ultimately if the MC's memories get wiped, he doesn't learn anything. So on the next cycle, in Recalibrated, he'll have to relearn everything.

What's more, my previous comment was more about Sexbot not really being story driven. It's more just about unlocking sex scenes with different girls, and then the apocalypse is thrown in at the end. To see what I mean, you have to stop and consider what a story is and what it's structural elements are.

For example, the hero is usually a character with some kind of psychological or moral weakness. Through the pursuit of some object or goal, the hero usually addresses his weakness and achieves some sort of self-revelation or new equilibrium. Along the way, there are allies helping the hero along and, especially, at least one opponent. In the best stories, the opponent is often competing with the hero for the same goal. This competition generates plot.

If you look at Sexbot as a whole, you'll likely notice it doesn't deal that much with the above elements. Yeah, Melvin and that mysterious lady could be deemed as opponents, but they never really compete in Sexbot in any meaningful way with the MC. If anything, Sexbot has the barest foundations of a story, and if we take the conclusion of the apocalypse, only upon seeing it do we finally see the stakes. Sexbot, if anything, is only an introduction.

But the MC's memories have been wiped upon learning the ultimate stakes, so the story is forced to circle back around to its foundations and risk treading old ground--rather than proceed full steam ahead. Another ending for Sexbot could have been the following sort of revelation for the MC: "Holy shit! All this time travelling for the sake of banging chicks has brought about the apocalypse!"; then, with that new revelation in mind, he and Alexa go back to try and manipulate time consciously for the greater good, but of course gets into other sexual shenanigans, and other time manipulators get involved. Instead, his memory is wiped, and only a few things have changed.

Hopefully, it will expand upon its story, rather than just repeat the previous formula, where the MC kept going back in time just to slowly break down the women, without serving some larger narrative.

Also, I should mention that I don't think sex games need to have the most powerful, jaw-dropping stories to be good. Mostly, I am concerned with story in so far as it can keep a stranglehold on the types of scenes/content that can be created among characters.
His mind is wiped but alexa still remembers and has begun moving to change things, also he recovers some of his memories in this. I would say Melvin trying to enslave the women the mc cared about in previous versions or the mysterious women destroying the MC's life and also enslaving the women he cares about as meaningful competition. Also, the plot of the story and it's lead up to the mysterious woman taking control was always built up throughout the first game, there are several scenes showing her and her schemes in the first game.

Reactions: yourmomma

no_name_742

Aug 9, 2017
pretty great for a tech demo, but it could just be my bias because the first game was my favorite game on this site.

Oct 18, 2020
Except that it's not a reboot. It's a sequel, a continuation, a part 2, a second season, some other fifth term. You would've realized that if you took the time to read the descriptions on page one, which explicitly states that this is a sequel.
Who said that "reboots" can't also serve as sequels? :unsure: (albeit much slower typically in furthering new storylines).
I mean what I say, and I say what I mean

Breadt

Jan 31, 2022
Are Sam's (the MC's sister) boobs bigger in this one? Same with the MC's dick. Maybe I'm just misremembering them as being smaller.

4.70 star(s) 3 Votes