Ren'Py Sexbot Restoration 2124 [v0.9.0] [squirrel24]

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes
Sep 3, 2018
I’m sorry if I misunderstood but AkiranGaming’s reply is what I would say. Bots activities all cause destabilization. Shopkeepers and clerks deal with cranky and obnoxious customers for example. In this game any time the bot learns it will lose stability, there is never one without the other.
So what's the point of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade capsule AI if it can't even maintain bots that are maxed when you put them in there? I know you are pretty set on this but this one specific instance isn't too much to ask I don't think. It's ultimately your call though.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
So what's the point of spending hundreds of thousands of dollars to upgrade capsule AI if it can't even maintain bots that are maxed when you put them in there? I know you are pretty set on this but this one specific instance isn't too much to ask I don't think. It's ultimately your call though.
I'm surprised at how much this bothers you. When I created the capsule upgrades I played the game a fair amount to set the levels. Levels 1 through 3 don't keep up and that's intentional. If you think they are a waste of time then I invite you to play a while without them and then decide if they are a waste of time. They help but not enough to allow you to ignore the bots in them. On level 4 I have no trouble keeping a portfolio of 18 bots stable using capsules and repaired using master techies with the MC pretty much ignoring them provided you allow the master techie and housekeeper bots to stay home all the time to do their jobs. I'll admit I have an edge because I know how the game works but figuring out how to run the shop effectively is what the game is about. I am absolutely certain you can play the current game in hardcore mode with a stable of bots that you can "set and forget" who will give you a positive cash flow week after week. I've had an active game doing just that for many, many weeks of game time. At first I spelled out exactly how to do this here in this message but then decided that the spoiler would be wrong for people who enjoy figuring things out so I deleted it. For what it's worth, I use the last 2 capsules for the MC to tinker with new bots either to sell them or to replace bots I'm tired of.

I should add that I play the game 'vanilla' (with no mods). Adding mods will make the game easier or more difficult. I cannot test and control everyone's unique set of mods so I don't try. If you play the game with mods please remember that you're not playing the game that I'm making. Please don't read into this that I'm against mods. I am not against mods, after all that's how I got started. I just want people to understand that I make no attempt to balance the game when you are using mods. The only game that I try to keep balanced is 'vanilla'.

Last edited:

Komodia

Jan 14, 2022
Just sharing my opinion here, having played through original dscs and now SR quite a few times. The capsule upgrades are new and supplementary as mentioned above. One thing you should test out is how stability changes with rank of CPU and find yourself a sweet spot. For instance if you have a bot with S in everything you care about, a lower grade CPU will means less XP per action and mean slower stability loss. Whereas S rank cpu, they learning like a toddler on Adderall but crashing shortly after.. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be :p

alex666p

Jun 29, 2017
Nice game.
I refurbished some bots from old game packs and made some myself. Big thanks for Daedalron, Eekhoorn123 and YuriShikane for their packs I used as foundation. A lot of videos were swapped or compressed. No additional mods needed - just this game.
For people who prefer to add few bots I made small packs. Here they are:
1. Sci-fi pack 1: AX-400, 2b, Panam, Judy

2. Overwatch pack 1: DVA, Mercy, Tracer.

3. Fantasy 1: Ciri, Morrigan.

4. Action 1: Lara, Quiet.

PS. All packs double ingame bots so I recomend to swap assets of Vanilla bots with this ones so you get more spicy content but without bloted pile of bots affecting gameplay.

Last edited:

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
That´s why I said this isn't recommendable in the beginning, I play in either Hard or Hardcore and a little mistake can have you losing your Sex Bot in a mission and it takes forever to gain experience. ( I can easily imagine someone going crazy getting them all the traits to their bots and messing their run, or making it a lot harder... I know it happened to me at least twice)

I do more or less the same as you once I have the traits I like I causally get the bot to Stable ASAP, but in H and HC it takes a lot longer to do so while you still need to gain money for the debt collectors and you get bad events happening to you all the time.

So yes I do agree with you, but I´m a little biased since I done even remember the last time I played this in easy or normal, so you need to be a lot more careful at H and HC.
I've started out over quite a few times playing on HC, as I went in blind. First time I couldn't get it to work at all, since I thought you were supposed to focus on working to make money. I couldn't keep up with the debt that way and my duded got depressed. Then I learned to use the gray market. It messed me up in the beginning not knowing A and S rank parts aren't accepted there for buy requests.

I've gotten quite good at the start and managing the debt. What you do is you buy a storage as soon as possible. Go to the junk yard and farm bots there. Dismantle those you don't want to use for the good parts and use the parts for the buy requests and later for parts to bot requests. It'll put you leaps and bounds ahead of the early game. Provided the RNG doesn't completely fuck you over. It's okay to save scum.

alex666p

Jun 29, 2017
to
squirrel24
I wonder if it will be difficult to make whoring images customisable. Say I add new bot or swap vanilla pics with modded videos and will get folder to drop whoring pics\videos with same bot to avoid breaking immersion. Is it very difficult or time consuming?
PS. And can you please add grey market just in NetConsole first screen - pushing 3 butons to get there is tedious after few ingame days.

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
to
squirrel24
I wonder if it will be difficult to make whoring images customisable. Say I add new bot or swap vanilla pics with modded videos and will get folder to drop whoring pics\videos with same bot to avoid breaking immersion. Is it very difficult or time consuming?
PS. And can you please add grey market just in NetConsole first screen - pushing 3 butons to get there is tedious after few ingame days.
Good question and suggestion, thanks!

Custom pictures: The DSCS game uses custom pictures for sex training and the private room at Robosechs and the same code is in SR24 but I've never looked at it. I will look at this to see how long it would take me to learn how it works and use it in a different location in the game but I make no promises. Even if this is not difficult it will be time consuming and there are many things I have planned that I would have to postpone.

Grey Market: You make a good point. I believe the Netconsole was intended to be used for more things in DSCS but when the game was abandoned many of the buttons had not been used yet. I will add "simplify the Netconsole" to my to do list but I'm not sure when I will get to it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hajtand

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Good question and suggestion, thanks!

Custom pictures: The DSCS game uses custom pictures for sex training and the private room at Robosechs and the same code is in SR24 but I've never looked at it. I will look at this to see how long it would take me to learn how it works and use it in a different location in the game but I make no promises. Even if this is not difficult it will be time consuming and there are many things I have planned that I would have to postponed.

Grey Market: You make a good point. I believe the Netconsole was intended to be used for more things in DSCS but when the game was abandoned many of the buttons had not been used yet. I will add "simplify the Netconsole" to my to do list but I'm not sure when I will get to it.
First of all thank you very much for working on this awesome game. You are awesome.
Speaking of pictures. I'm not that far into the game yet, however, the picture of Techie v2 is a tad odd.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's more focused on the male in the picture. The female in the picture is lying down on the table blending in with the orange/salmon pink colored bricks in the background. Unless the bald dude whos face we can't see with no breasts barely having a butt dressed in masculine clothes like a in the picture is meant to be the female? You don't have to give every bot giant tits should that be the case. You can even have a bald bot chick with small breasts and a tiny buttocks, but at least let us see the face. So we can better see it's a female. Sure maybe the bot likes to dress a little m/f. Give her something "cute" showing her femine side.

Examples of steampunk'ish women:

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: saladinoking

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Just sharing my opinion here, having played through original dscs and now SR quite a few times. The capsule upgrades are new and supplementary as mentioned above. One thing you should test out is how stability changes with rank of CPU and find yourself a sweet spot. For instance if you have a bot with S in everything you care about, a lower grade CPU will means less XP per action and mean slower stability loss. Whereas S rank cpu, they learning like a toddler on Adderall but crashing shortly after.. Perfectly balanced, as all things should be :p
The first pod upgrade is really important. They might get much stronger on the later levels, but the first level helps out a lot in the start.
I change their CPU's. The one currently in training gets the Centric XT. They don't really need an XP boost after training and they get up to an Atlas i5 or what is lower in the inventory afterwards. What XP the bots get on the job is not that important. Compared to the pain in the ass and action cost it is to stabilize 6-18 bots all the time. The spare Centrix XT's and NeuroTech v7's are placed in bots for sale.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
I just read in the helpful guide https://f95zone.to/threads/sexbot-restoration-2124-v0-8-1-squirrel24.213667/post-14323525, that the bots would at least have 1 defect. That is untrue:

It's from a new save. I wanted to try something else on HC. Going D D on mechanic and electronic in the start foregoing everything else. Having immediate access to the pods is amazing. The bad part is the low social rating . You have to spend around 4-5 days to get it to D, allowing you to train house keepers. The even worse part is the low computer rating. The average stability repair rate is 2.5 ((1+2+3+4)/4) with an F score. Getting 2.5 XP on average per AP when you need over a thousand or something. Will take you too long to accomplish via stability repairs. Working can give you over 100 XP in the computer skill.

You almost certainly, have to save scum, when working. So you don't start the night school quest and as to get you computer XP... unless you want to spend an another eternity training combat bots beforehand
, so as to increase your own score when training further. Another week spend before getting access to the house keepers. The extra +2 AP is of high priority. Admittedly it took me 2 weeks, before I got them. The first week spend stabilizing my own economy, by digging up stuff at the dump site. You sort of have to, if you want to spend almost a week straight socializing.
My other experience with the game is that I'm almost a month into the game playing "normally" on HC, before I get D D in mechanics and electronics. Electronics being the bottleneck. I think, it's worth it, although your starting economy is way worse off. The rest runs smoother.

Last edited:

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Some day (future version) you may make connections with people who are willing to spend more money for the right bot.
Silly question. After a bot has learned skills is there any advantage to higher rated body parts in say combat? Or am I wasting good parts on a B or C rated bots(talking arms and legs ect,not CPU)?

• Thinking Face

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
Silly question. After a bot has learned skills is there any advantage to higher rated body parts in say combat? Or am I wasting good parts on a B or C rated bots(talking arms and legs ect,not CPU)?
I'm curious about that too. Although some of the parts seems to take more damage than others... or it could be pure coincidence with bad rolls.

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
Okay, not sure what you're asking, and going slightly spoiler-y here (so ignore if you don't want spoilers.

First the less spoiler-y thing. Higher rated parts take less damage when training. Diamond skin always takes way less than roboskin, by a lot. So better parts help there.

Next, better parts mean more xp working as well. So when they get a boost to social being a clerk, their parts can still matter.
And for event based damage, you do still take less damage for better parts when a bot is damaged in an event.

Note that psychocore loss is also tied to XP gain, so if you're spending too much time stabilizing your bots and have already maxed out the AI on the capsule? Try less efficient CPU.
You'll get the same payout (cash/AP which is tied to bot skill level) but less bot XP (so they won't level as fast, but won't go crazy as fast either).

Now for the tricky thing. It isn't only the CPU that can boost/lower your training XP gain.
But the parts that matter depends on the skill being trained.
This is in the parts files (so custom mod parts could have differing info) but in general...

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
Okay, not sure what you're asking, and going slightly spoiler-y here (so ignore if you don't want spoilers.

First the less spoiler-y thing. Higher rated parts take less damage when training. Diamond skin always takes way less than roboskin, by a lot. So better parts help there.

Next, better parts mean more xp working as well. So when they get a boost to social being a clerk, their parts can still matter.
And for event based damage, you do still take less damage for better parts when a bot is damaged in an event.

Note that psychocore loss is also tied to XP gain, so if you're spending too much time stabilizing your bots and have already maxed out the AI on the capsule? Try less efficient CPU.
You'll get the same payout (cash/AP which is tied to bot skill level) but less bot XP (so they won't level as fast, but won't go crazy as fast either).

Now for the tricky thing. It isn't only the CPU that can boost/lower your training XP gain.
This is in the parts files (so custom mod parts could have differing info) but in general...
Say you have a bot that has all 100S skills(all skills as that is most of my bots). Is there a point to them earning xp? As for repairs after missions/sex I have enough not managed bots that the 8 who go out nightly are repaired in the morning or at worse the afternoon turn,with no effort by me.

I run C and D cpu's in most bots unless training(which I do with S),and all pods are highest AI level so no problems with psychore stability that I even need to deal with,with rare exceptions.

The real question I am asking is how other than during training does combat work? Other than XP is a bot with level C parts going to do any worse than an S equiped part bot in actual combat(ignoring xp bonuses...just the physics of combat part). I have mostly S and A bots and only male bots who earn more are less than those(6 of mine).

I keep two slots open for training,dump(most end up in storage to deal with asap). Total I have over 80 bots at this point that are fully functional and 40+ are S skill level trained. At this point I can repair 3 destroyed bots along with maintain/repair my own by each evening. I am just hunting S and some A bots daily,then spend a couple days just training them before they go into cold storage.

Scrap parts...well I have mountains of them to repair(180 pages worth or so),but am holding out for the next update(I believe we are getting the ability for bots to repair parts not on a bot).

Money...well I broke 10 mil so think I am doing ok. for what ever reason my 5 male sex bots jigalo for more money than S rated females...so they just keep trudging along(unwanted by me of course...accept as a business asset).

I do the open combat with almost all of my capsule bots weekly. Takes me most a bit of work to help them recover,but the payout is high(50k per fight x16-18 bots per week bonus). Yes,I started using rollback so I do not lose every other fight to random chance...which leads back to parts. If they could have D parts and do as well as S parts,why does it matter other than xp?

I probably think to much.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017

Thank you for the solid advice.
Say you have a bot that has all 100S skills(all skills as that is most of my bots). Is there a point to them earning xp? As for repairs after missions/sex I have enough not managed bots that the 8 who go out nightly are repaired in the morning or at worse the afternoon turn,with no effort by me.

I run C and D cpu's in most bots unless training(which I do with S),and all pods are highest AI level so no problems with psychore stability that I even need to deal with,with rare exceptions.

The real question I am asking is how other than during training does combat work? Other than XP is a bot with level C parts going to do any worse than an S equiped part bot in actual combat(ignoring xp bonuses...just the physics of combat part). I have mostly S and A bots and only male bots who earn more are less than those(6 of mine).

I keep two slots open for training,dump(most end up in storage to deal with asap). Total I have over 80 bots at this point that are fully functional and 40+ are S skill level trained. At this point I can repair 3 destroyed bots along with maintain/repair my own by each evening. I am just hunting S and some A bots daily,then spend a couple days just training them before they go into cold storage.

Scrap parts...well I have mountains of them to repair(180 pages worth or so),but am holding out for the next update(I believe we are getting the ability for bots to repair parts not on a bot).

Money...well I broke 10 mil so think I am doing ok. for what ever reason my 5 male sex bots jigalo for more money than S rated females...so they just keep trudging along(unwanted by me of course...accept as a business asset).

I do the open combat with almost all of my capsule bots weekly. Takes me most a bit of work to help them recover,but the payout is high(50k per fight x16-18 bots per week bonus). Yes,I started using rollback so I do not lose every other fight to random chance...which leads back to parts. If they could have D parts and do as well as S parts,why does it matter other than xp?

Those are pertinent questions.

AkiranGaming

Jan 4, 2024

How do you think a high performance vehicle would do with discount tires, old spark plugs, and low battery? The rating of the parts will definitely have an effect on performance. There is a lot of randomness to the results of missions, but the ratings of the bot and parts are both taken into account.

The current dev has said many times, the game is called SEXBOT, not COMBATBOT, for a reason and combat is not his main focus. I'm not sure what the next main mission will be or what modders may be working on, but I'm looking forward to it.

Hajtand

Nov 5, 2017
How do you think a high performance vehicle would do with discount tires, old spark plugs, and low battery? The rating of the parts will definitely have an effect on performance. There is a lot of randomness to the results of missions, but the ratings of the bot and parts are both taken into account.

The current dev has said many times, the game is called SEXBOT, not COMBATBOT, for a reason and combat is not his main focus. I'm not sure what the next main mission will be or what modders may be working on, but I'm looking forward to it.
's in bikinis.

Otherguy2012

Aug 21, 2021
's in bikinis.
Few years back I took second at Gencon in the Battletech assault class and 4th in Medium. :)
It has been years since I played. To give you an idea how old I am,in highschool we used to sneak off on weekends and drive to the North Pier in Chicago(4+hour drive) to play at the battletech center lol. Ah,good times.

This is the place lol. Back then they were the best civilian simulators in the world.

Last edited:
  • Love

WillyB

Nov 16, 2018
I'm enjoying this a lot (it hits that spot that city management games did in my youth), but am having one major issue: it is crazy slow. I don't know if it's my laptop but the game's not visually demanding, so I'm unsure if it's just the game. Anyone else have performance issues? It's like 2-3 seconds after clicking a button / pressing the hotkey for the next screen. Makes the game's grindy-ness much more pronounced.

ertdfg313

Dec 1, 2019
Say you have a bot that has all 100S skills(all skills as that is most of my bots). Is there a point to them earning xp?
No.

I do the open combat with almost all of my capsule bots weekly.
Okay, for the combat; yes part level matters (and yes, cheating would help, so yes being lower would hinder).
Things that matter (without getting into how much they matter).

4.40 star(s) 8 Votes