VN Ren'Py Abandoned Shadows of the Nights [v0.02] [DrDougDoesDOS]

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
I see, you've blocked p/ming ThunderRob? shame ... In case you missed it here's the disclaimer at the start of my game which:

disclaimer.jpg

I like a laugh...

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
I think this game will be awsome. The twin sisters? One a cop and One Super Hero for revenge? I thin the twins will be the perfect partners. I hope the dosen't antagonist, becous those girls have the our mission ageinst the criminals.

Reactions: DrDougDoesDOS

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
its just extremly confusing...

you control a detective men... then you "swap" to an detective female (partner of the first one) and you also "swap" to the mysterious woman, who apparently is suppsoed to be the MC..

its extremly confusing, at least for me XD
this is only female, 3 female protagnoist, I think, the male is only introdaton to the story.

• Angry
Reactions: Canto Forte

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Take this how you will, but I'm done with it.
Now unwatching and ignoring the thread.
Oh man, your type of writing and the tone you say all these things make you look like someone mighty or above than others.

Feels like i just read some lines from the entitled princess of England and with that statement at the end.. C'mon man, reality check - You're not THAT important like you think you are. :rolleyes:

For the dev - Maybe take some ''advices'' or maybe called it more ''DO THE GAME LIKE I LIKE'' because it sounded like that, but other than that i wouldn't focus too much on opinions like these for the future.

Getting advices is good, but it's only good when people don't act like some god(OH IM LEAVING, EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THAT IM LEAVING WITH A STOMP AND CLOSING THE DOOR REALLY LOOUD) while doing it.

As for the game - Played the demo, i think some positioning and lighting in many scenes was kinda weird, some grammar issues here and there.
Im all for another FP game and all this detective shit, i personally find it really cool but i need at least like 1-2 more updates to actually judge the story and overall the setting of the world.

Overall i think that renders needs some work, storywise it's okay.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
no. from what i understood now, the only MC (only 1) is the mysterious woman.
hope this time i understood correctly XD
What no is about? No to Male protagonist on Introduction to Story or what? think we play to may to 3 female protanoist, what I hav anderstend. I think this will be awsome game I ther are 4 or 3 female protagnosit. Maybe this is my opinion. But male protanogist no, i don't thin male protagnosit we had see in thebegining we play with, ther I don't see any choise.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
What no is about? No to Male protagonist on Introduction to Story or what? think we play to may to 3 female protanoist, what I hav anderstend. I think this will be awsome game I ther are 4 or 3 female protagnosit. Maybe this is my opinion. But male protanogist no, i don't thin male protagnosit we had see in thebegining we play with, ther I don't see any choise.
no to that they are not multiples protagonist, but just 1 (the mystery woman). i dont know what the others are.. i m still lost even with dev explanation about the whole thing.
others protagonist will be another game.

if its not that, then i give up, i dont know, i dont understand, i m lost with all theses things XD. but from what i understood with dev chat, that's how it work. only 1 MC/protagonist, the mystery woman, others protagonist will be in others games.

88Michele88

Bloodborn Vampire
Game Developer
Apr 22, 2018
no to that they are not multiples protagonist, but just 1 (the mystery woman). i dont know what the others are.. i m still lost even with dev explanation about the whole thing.
others protagonist will be another game.

if its not that, then i give up, i dont know, i dont understand, i m lost with all theses things XD. but from what i understood with dev chat, that's how it work. only 1 MC/protagonist, the mystery woman, others protagonist will be in others games.
Mabey you are right, mabey we are both right. In this case, the 3rd female protagnoit we see her in other games, in the next game. We can only wait on next update.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Oh man, Stan Lee would be so fucked up the Ass if he released his Spiderman Cartoon in 1969 on here today with Drama Queens telling him "Your Web is shooting no where man. It's just shooting into space!" blah blah blah goodbye Queeny :sleep: It's a Demo not a Final piece I repeat again....

Yes it's grainy guys and I apologize and will rectify for the next release. I am trying to run this on 2 PC's but I got Conned by a well known well respected Website and bought a fake NVIDIA Card which really arsed me right over halfway through this so I had no choice but to rely on my inferior 710t which needs torching frankly. That means i'm only Rendering on 1 PC now so the next update could be a while as I fix bits etc. I have all Environments set and already Rendered a few new bits.

I am taking on board what's been properly pointed out and hope you all look forward to the next release which will have my own Music in it, not the Lift Music that goes in some games ;)

frogbert

Oct 15, 2018
Apparently Americans don't know what garden sprinklers and pavement are :unsure:
All of the words mentioned are common American English...

Reactions: CoffeeDrinker

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
Apparently Americans don't know what garden sprinklers and pavement are :unsure:
All of the words mentioned are common American English...

That's an ongoing thing with Tony (and Kerry too sometimes), he winds up Caroline and her British ways on purpose so she often fumbles up unsure if they understand her, which is why the bemused Captain says "Relax" because he knows what Tony is doing. All part of the plan as are some other points made here I can't respond to because that would make big Spoilers ;)

Reactions: frogbert

CoffeeDrinker

May 7, 2018
This is a very good first release and I'm looking forward to the next installment. As one who places a high emphasis on storyline and dialog I'm finding this and the characters interesting. To me, the plot is very easy to follow. I've traveled extensively to the UK over the years so I'm also enjoying the dialog highlighting the English language differences between the US and UK :)

I believe some of the criticism is due to the writer's frame of reference; many on this forum are not native English speakers and are not familiar with life in the US. It appears to me the narrative is taking place in a large American city such as New York or Chicago where police "walking the beat" is very common and many of the phrases are American slang. There is some grammar check needed, but this is fairly minor (The use of "your" which should be "you're" as an example.).

I do agree some work is needed on the visual front (renders, posing, etc.) but much can be forgiven, this being a "first work".

All in all, good luck with your project as this is one I'll be following.

Reactions: DrDougDoesDOS

diegao

Nov 27, 2018
it looks great. i hope this game has many more uupdates. cuz i really want support it

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
it looks great. i hope this game has many more uupdates. cuz i really want support it
Thanks, I'm going as quick as I can with repairs to Day 1 done and 100 Renders for Day 2 completed now. Wanted it out for Halloween but end of November probably a realistic date. Please keep checking my Patreon Page for Teasers and News I put out each Fortnight. I'm now working on a few Halloween Wallpapers so keep an eye out for that ;)

I've now fixed and re-rendered shots such as the "Joker" mouth pointed out and here's a Teaser for f95zone too -

ClothesShop3bb.jpg Mouth Repaired

LoungeFlat1j.jpg What's the point of Cushions? We always end up kicking them on the floor anyway :rolleyes:

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018
this game promises a lot
Thanks and I wish to deliver on that Promise over the next few years. I've got so much set up already for Day 3 and 4 but I really want to get Day 2 out ASAP. I see so many Games now getting Abandoned out there and I do not want my name and game on that list.

Reactions: Old Dog and diegao
4.50 star(s) 2 Votes