VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Manifest: Shadows Over Manston [v2.2] [White Phantom Games]

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
I'll be honest, I'm British, we leave High School at
16. I thought I'd Americanise it because everything asset wise is American, and I thought you could get held back and have 18 Year Olds still in school this way, whereas normally they'd be too old.

Secondly to teach in a school here you have to a degree in teaching, so by making them failures forced to do gym as just a non-examined credit it would enable me to explain why exactly a cop is being given that job without the right qualifications.
Not to mention the extreme background check that the brit schools do to teachers before hiring them. The cop and gym is a good solution.

pavar

Jul 3, 2017
Minor issues: hemorraging blood is incorrect. Either use hemorraging alone or say she is loosing blood (hemo = blood).

7.62 an inch above the jugular in a narrow distance would have removed his head :p try .223

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Liked the start of the game so far though I am a little confused as to the content, mainly due to the preview pictures, basically this ends when he comes home the first night after the hospital? Basically the mc comes home sees wife and daughter then goes to bedroom with wife and that is it for me no matter what I choose but meh nice start

Also the teacher aspect in america not sure how it is handled in other states as it can be different but here in mine there is such a thing as 'Emergency Teachers' (*slang term btw) they are basically those that are placed in the role of a teacher without the necessary degree and paid on the low scale of teacher salaries so a cop teaching gym would not be far fetched even if it was a semi-permanent gig as cops do 'moonlighting' or several jobs on top of their main job of being police. When I was in high school we had a Highway Patrolman (*State Trooper) that was out gym teacher and basketball coach for boys team he was also the instructor cadets had to deal with when doing the physical training. He later became a full time teacher as he took night classes, yea this was a time before online classes were a thing.

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
safe space? is that where you take girls and no one can interrupt?
Hey, if you like ripping open girls skulls and fucking their eye sockets from the inside, while sucking on their disemboweled colon; more power to you... I mean i'm not judging or anything.... As long as you keep your activities to your neck of the woods and away from my people, I'm fine with it. That's a matter between you and your local law enforcement. :p

Me personally, I'd like to avoid seeing that on the front end, so i'm all for clarifying what sort of 'violence' a story contains up front.

Last edited:
Reactions: Humlebien

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
I didn't do the tags, a mod helped me out making this (and I'm very grateful :) ) as I didn't have the right settings to post in this thread. You can find my initial thread here: (although I probably won't use that one much anymore)

Some of the pictures are previews of Day 2 I had in that thread, so the game ends after you arrive home and go to sleep currently.

To clarify the violence point, you encounter non-sexual violence as part of your job in the Police. The extent of this at this point is in the prologue, you get shot. That's the extent of the violence. As more content is added I'll appropriately tag it.

Thankyou for the medical/gun feedback, I will rectify these points.

Reactions: Deathdawg

daedilus

Mar 11, 2017
Minor issues: hemorraging blood is incorrect. Either use hemorraging alone or say she is loosing blood (hemo = blood).

7.62 an inch above the jugular in a narrow distance would have removed his head :p try .223
A 5.56x45 (or lower pressure .223) causes a worse hydrostatic shock than a 7.62, especially at close range. The reason it was adopted by the worlds military's was specifically for it's ability to cause large internal hydrostatic wound channels while weighing less and being more controllable than the higher caliber rounds.

Also consider that there are a *wide* variety of 7.62 rounds... Everything from 7.62 Nagant to .300 H&H Magnum are all 7.62...

For all we know, he was referring to the 7.62 Nagant, which has ballistics similar to a .38 special.

(A very unique round and gun to be sure, worthy of interest)
nagant.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pavar and Justanx

Justanx

Donor
Feb 3, 2017
Too Soon? lol .At least if I have to play a school cop I won't hide outside while kids are being shot. Anyways non political, trauma chicks are good lays. Just like picking up chicks at a funeral. NO not the ones inside the coffin you sickos.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Too Soon? lol .At least if I have to play a school cop I won't hide outside while kids are being shot. Anyways non political, trauma chicks are good lays. Just like picking up chicks at a funeral. NO not the ones inside the coffin you sickos.
Just to clarify, before somebody reads this and thinks its "Hook up with a High School Shootout Survivor Simulator", there are no school shootings, you are shot THEN re-assigned to a school position to recover.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018

I think he meant aorta, as it was a high torso shot. Collapsed lung, maybe, not life-threatening as they got responders on scene pretty quickly. It threw me for a loop for a moment, but I suspended disbelief and kept going. I had more trouble with stopping to get a bowl of noodles and eating it in the car. Fuck if I'll let a teenager eat a bowl of soup in my car even if it's for a chance to tap that ass. Seems like an interesting story so far, with lots of opportunity to take it several different directions (partner, wife, "step"daughter, daughter's friend, etc).

Last edited:

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
there are no school shootings
And this kind of denying is exactly why we have this problem in the first place!!!11
(just kidding, of course. Please don't feel like you need to explain/justify yourself here. That will only frustrate you. If people can't read a simple description ... well ... sucks to be them.)

You'll have the options of focusing on your career, family or sex life.
Is it just me or does anybody else not understand that part? Like .. why repeat yourself three times? ^^

You monster! What would the wife say!?
Hopefully something along the lines of "Oh yeees, that's so hot! Let me join in already!"?
which brings me to my question: How much "overlapping" do you plan? Will the wifey leave if we look at one of the girls a minute too long? Is daughter+girl a thing? Or wifey+daughter? And, bonus points if you can answer that in a teasing fashion without actually spoiling anything! ;)

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Hopefully something along the lines of "Oh yeees, that's so hot! Let me join in already!"?
which brings me to my question: How much "overlapping" do you plan? Will the wifey leave if we look at one of the girls a minute too long? Is daughter+girl a thing? Or wifey+daughter? And, bonus points if you can answer that in a teasing fashion without actually spoiling anything! ;)
Over the course of the game, you earn points (which you won't know about) depending on how you interact with the characters. This will make how they interact with other characters and scenes different. For example a very loving and dependant wife might react differently to the idea of another girl than a wife who you've ignored for majority of the story and who hates your guts already.

It's very unlikely mother+daughter content will be included due to the negative feedback regarding it atm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ronoc19

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Hey, this would be story related cop violence, I do not plan any sexual violence at this point.
Yeah, that's kind of why I was asking. Not because I disapprove of the content so much as I wanted to be clear what the content was. "Violence" could mean a lot of different things, is what I was trying to get at.

Reactions: Ronoc19

JCosmic

Jul 27, 2017
I'd change the whole "High School Cop" description and say something more along the lines of local police officer who, after being injured in an officer-related shooting incident, was released to light duty and re-assigned as a School Resource Officer (SRO). That's a bit more realistic and believable.

J

Last edited:

Vezzeli

Nov 4, 2017
I like it so far. Good start. If I wanna point something, wife look bit odd and story is bit odd when MC have been 6 months in hospital and his family don't know when he comes home?

VeggieNeptunia

Nov 30, 2017
I just love the fact this guy made the plot iron for the patreon ...

klx is now a mod? the world it's lost :FeelsGoodMan:

Reactions: xןʞ

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
A OK generic start for a first time dev. The premise and story are the better parts. I'd argue that the dev should be using sprites over backgrounds though to save on file-size and render time, given the models and renders are not DmD or BB quality.

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
cut out them being held back.
If they are a bunch of delinquents who each failed for a particular character flaw that the MC can takes advantage of, or helps them resolve (preferably involving his dick) that could be a fun and engaging plot device.

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Some thoughts:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I highly recommend changing the cover art for this project, particularly on Patreon. They've been shutting down pages because characters "appear" to be underage, never mind any disclaimers.

The game doesn't really grab me, but that may be because of the lack of content. I'll likely come around for the next version.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes