Shadowy Face.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Is there a way to create a character, lets say base Micheal, but always have a shadow hiding their face regardless of the light conditions. It's a type of 'insert your own looks' character so I never want to show his face, and constantly adding it in via photoshop after the fact my end up being tedious.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
photoshop after the fact my end up being tedious.
Are you saying that you are either using several characters, or need to apply the look to several poses?
It may depend on what program you are using, but it should be as simple as making a masking layer (such as painting the face black) and having the shader do the work. What tool are you using. I am not familiar enough with daz to know what is possible, but I do know how to use blender and custom shaders, but most people don't use blender.

Reactions: Yonamous

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Are you saying that you are either using several characters, or need to apply the look to several poses?
It may depend on what program you are using, but it should be as simple as making a masking layer (such as painting the face black) and having the shader do the work. What tool are you using. I am not familiar enough with daz to know what is possible, but I do know how to use blender and custom shaders, but most people don't use blender.
It's Daz3D, and only need to be one character. I can make the face pure black easily enough, I was looking more for a type of mask or something that simply shadows facial features.

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
In Maya, you can turn lights negative to provide spotlight shadows... I'm not sure if this is possible in daz, but you may want to at least unlock the light parameters and give it a check. Otherwise you could put a semi-tranparent box on his head and hide it from the render camera? Again, not sure if this is possible in Daz, but maybe it will push you into a working solution.