Others - Shale Hill Secrets [v0.16.4] [Love-Joint]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Karnon254332

I just finished v0.1.2 and I must say, it's quite good as far as first impressions go. It's pretty much like checking out a restaurant you went to before the owner died, only to find they still got it.

I was initially skeptical when I read the description, having played numerous superpower fantasies already. Boy am I glad it wasn't. In short, you play as a mute and cute college IT support who stumbled upon a privacy-violating app that until proven wrong, we will definitely blame Hank for creating. It's nice to have another somewhat defined player character instead of another whiteboard. This premise also feels like a relatively safe bet that still manages to bring a breath of fresh air, so I'll look forward to the next release.

I also like what they've done with the gaming app. The old one was decent, but no way as convenient as Ren'Py. I also see they've decided to keep the episodic story structure but also keep the entire story within one app. I'm assuming this has something to do with save file transferring issues? Feel free to correct me.

Overall, it's nice to see Love-Joint make this pretty solid comeback. Perhaps I'll keep updating this review as soon as updates are posted. See you when I see you.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ericmartinez

The art style is amazing as always it never disappoint me and the storyline so far is great I have higher hopes for this game and I believe it will be successful game just like the DFD and DH. Good job guys even though Palmer is not around you still continuing his legacy. Good luck guys I hope I see more update on this game in the near future!
  3. 5.00 star(s)

warbird

i will keep it short sincee dev is known for some of the best games ,

Visual 10/10
    story 9/10

cons :- not on renpy so some renpy based features are not there.

game looks solid as usual , i loved previous games as well, story is well divided into episodes.