Sharing my Development Journey / Twine Tech

Sep 4, 2020
To those with a leaning towards HTML, JavaScript, CSS, and the related members of the web ecosphere, I'm working on a Twine game with a heavily customized Sugarcube story format UI, and documenting that work over on a blog page. My intent is to develop a game (and document that there as well). Hoping there might some good ideas in there other developers might want to try out. Likewise, if anyone has a "Oh damn, that'll never work!" moment reading my stuff, let me know!

(It is on Buy Me a Coffee, but the blog posts are open to the public, no donations required or expected.)

Last edited:

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I enjoyed reading your post about friends of mine, and it's Ui issues. In fact, I think I have most of these issues on my own twine/sugarcube game (still in development, it's dev-log thread is on my signature) regarding images, and how to fit them, especially on devices with lower resolutions than the one I use to develop

Sep 4, 2020
I enjoyed reading your post about friends of mine, and it's Ui issues. In fact, I think I have most of these issues on my own twine/sugarcube game (still in development, it's dev-log thread is on my signature) regarding images, and how to fit them, especially on devices with lower resolutions than the one I use to develop
Cross-device compatibility is a challenge. Something that's best tackled early in the development cycle.

Reactions: Rafster

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I read that post too but I don't have that problem with images not resizing when the browser resizes. They do if you set image width to %.

Sep 4, 2020
I read that post too but I don't have that problem with images not resizing when the browser resizes. They do if you set image width to %.
Quite right, though it gets more interesting when you start considering how get the images to resize in reasonable ways. Minimum and maximum sizes, for example, especially when interacting with flowing text. Stuff like that.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Wanted to drop a thanx for giving me afterthoughts about some of my dialogue design. Had been struggling with some of it since it is not a visual novel i am working on. But i really liked your cast lane idea and will probably change my UI towards something similar