Ren'Py - Abandoned - Shattered Legacy [v0.2.2] [AdultMoonGames]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Hahn1900

This is just bad... a complete mess of unfinished things. Scenes just end in the middle, there are nearly no interactions with anybody... the MC and a girl going somewhere, doing nothing, talk about nothing and thats it... Just a big nothing all around, nothing happens, nothing is told.

MC got amnesia (how original) and thats the whole plot. Noboday acts like there has something happened, i would say, everybody got amnesia, including the DEVs. This shouldnt be released at this point, but i dont think that this game will go anywhere. And i would ask the 11 patrons @ patreon, why? Close friends of the DEVs? There is nothing to support here.

Except the renders, yeah they are looking good. But this is no witchcraft with renpy. And the tags here are mostly a lie. There is nothing lewd going on, litterly, there is nothing going on at all... you cant do anything interesting, the phone give you a message when you have to eat something... splendid.

Ah every word now is wasted on this, seriously, dont bother to download this, not worth it.

The most impressive part about this is... its actually a "company" which are making this game, so more than one guy... and yet this game is so bad with nothing in it... thats really impressive considering what others games provide, with a single person working on it. uff
  2. 1.00 star(s)

list101

Bait and switch.
    The tags are almost all wrong. There is no anal. It is full of bugs. Girls are cute, but there is barely any lewd content.
    It looks like half-backed project .
    Will check back around 0.5 cause this is sub-demo not worth more time.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

bottomfeeder

I'm not gonna shit on this too hard coz it's only the 2nd update but if this is signs of what's to come...sweet Jesus.

This was bland...as in chicken boiled in water with no seasoning. This doesn't even feel like a demo but an incomplete demo. Usually VNs get updates that add to the story as you go along but this feels like it's trying to build a puzzle with missing pieces. There are whole sections missing. I dunno if it's a bug or just simply omitted but things just end. One scene you're going to a coffee shop with your mother in law but that's literally what you do...you buy coffee and leave...no discussions, no banter with her, just coffee and go. Another scene is where you go to check out various properties but the scene just ends and you have to go to bed...that's the whole structure of this game.

Wake up - Eat - Something happens that ends abruptly - Sleep - Repeat ...WUT?!?!

Positives
    - Female characters except your GF (imo) are hot

Negatives
    - Non-grindy sandbox but tbh, it's out of place. This game is so linear that it acts as padding
    - Dull story with nothing going on
    - Lifeless and robotic characters. You're in an accident that kills your father but a day later, you and your family go on without even acknowledging it. MC has an excuse but what about your family? Well I guess fuck him right?

Hopefully the dev has better future plans coz this game needs serious attention. I've seen projects get abandoned for less.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Dokata

A perfect analogy for this game would be bland oatmeal served in a pretty good-looking bowl.

I want to first highlight the positive aspects of the game, since there are a few and the developer clearly put some effort in this game.
    The most impressive part of this game is actually the user interface. I am not a big fan of sandbox designs since they tend to be confusing and almost maze-like. Usually, interactable objects in these games are quite hidden and after 10 minutes of tracing the screen for some faint highlights you feel more like playing a game of where's waldo than anything else. Then after finally finding the way out of your room you are greeted by a maze-like mansion where you need like 10 clicks to go from point A to B. After tending to your aching right hand… no not from fapping but induced by the gradually building carpal tunnel syndrome from all the clicking, you are faced with a huge map with dozens of places to explore. To only shortly after finding out that 99% are under development. Anyway…. this game clearly highlights all interactable objects with icons and has a pretty streamlined design in general. Another positive aspect of the game is that the renders are nice and although the models aren’t unique, they are not the usual 10 models you see in almost every game nowadays.
    Now for the negative part of the review…

*Kpsdmlkdf* I swear to all the gods, if I see another game with the premise of a MC waking up in a hospital with amnesia, I am going to freaking lose it. Seriously, it fills me with a burning rage of a thousand suns. Just why? At this point choosing to develop a game with this plotline is like playing Dark Souls on a didgeridoo. Although impressive if you can pull it off, you are just making your life way too hard.

Implementing a point system is a nice way to change up the plot and give the game some replay value, but for the love of God explain the point system. You have green and red points in form of a flower or cloud or some weird shape, but what do they symbolize? Lust and love? Good and Evil? Growing brain tumors?

It is good that this game has a guide implemented in the MCs phone, but do not solely rely on it! Okay you are hungry, and the next task is to find something edible in the fridge, but why is there no external or internal dialog, just a message on your phone telling you what to do. While playing this game you feel ghosted by the MC… No thank you, I have friends for that!

To sum it up, an attempt was made, but ultimately the bland storyline coupled with mistakes in communication makes this not worthwhile for now.

tested version 0.2